Y tho

y tho

>we must fight for our right to be represented as bland shitty forgettable characters
pic related: Blind Staff Monk and Big Gun Chinese Guy

Because there's only two and a half billion of them with two of the world's biggest economies and their own massive movie industries, the poor darlings, without being represented in American culture too they'd be really really sad.

To get more chink money

they deleted the tweet, i wonder why though

Because they need to sell in China

There couldn't have been a more stereotypical, wise sage Asian character in this film, though.

>shamelessly rips off Kurosawa (who ripped off westerns)
>uses SW money to fund Kurosawa movies

Why no Asian represent.

Why not, nearly every show has a black guy already. Asian people are cool.

Hurr durr fuck white people

edgy

I'm cool with seeing more Asians in films. They seem like nice, intelligent people.

Racist

>instead of appreciating donnie yen flicks because they're fun people want to make him simply a token Asian actor for shit west movies

I hate these faggots.

As long as they bring out some kick-ass martial arts and do their own stunts, I'm all for it.

>I CANNOT ENJOY MEDIA UNLESS I CAN PROJECT MYSELF ONTO A CHARACTER IN IT REEEEE

>welcome

>OY VEY WE NEED TO MAKE MORE SHEKELS IN CHINA! These zips are breeding like rabbits and we need their money.
>I know, let's just shoehorn in famous Chinese actors into movies and say it's to promote diversity. These Hollywood liberal faggots will eat that up.
>Also, don't forget to sacrifice your creative vision by editing scenes in and out of the film the better connect with these chinky fucks

That's pretty much how that meeting went

Asian people are the best filmmakers.

>universe full of aliens
>need more asians/womyn/whatever
really makes you think

In China or Bollywood are they writing articles complaining about the lack of white representation in their movies? Fair play if they are I guess.

I don't get east asians. These niggas balling.
Making hella bread. Highest IQ. Rich history.
Objectively master race. Yet total cucks about it. If I were jap I'd jap it to the max

And with the thick accent. Ahm wan wit da fahs n da fahs is wit me.

REPRESENTATION IS NOT IMPORTANT IN ANYTHING

YOU CANT TELL A STORY ANYMORE WITHOUT EVERY COLOR OF SKITTLE AND ALL 52 GENDERS OR ELSE YOURE A RACIST

LITERALLY ANTI-ART

God damn is this chimp ever fucking ugly.

im chinese and seeing donnie yen in starwars really took me out of the immension of it

not to mention the cliched "blind monk/enlightened person" trope

Being asian I cringed at donnie yen's character. He was the stereotypical wise blind guy who is good at martial arts. At least his partner was a better example of "representation" because he wasn't the token mystical asian.

If it's any consolation, the character wasn't supposed to be blind. Yen specifically requested and lobbied for it because he thought it would be cool. He says so himself in the special features

Asians are the most boring race though. They are unable to emote.

They exist to make white liberals happy, not Asians

actually it went like this
>We need Jet Li there
>Sir, he's too expensive
look it up

Well I am a mostly conservative black guy and I loved seeing Donnie Yen in SW. He is by far my favorite martial arts actor and I liked seeing someone kick ass and not have to use a lightsaber. Also SWs is full of and built off of cliches.

The funny thing is that Donnie Yen is better and has been better than Jet Li for years now.

just to show what kind of piece of shit disney is , they could have had temuera morrison play a clone trooper that didint follow order 66 and be a buddy spin off movie of him and the blind jedi , that become blind during order 66, maybe even throw in obi wan in the mix , so much potential yeat all theY cared about is MUH PC LIBERAL AGENDA

Genuine Asians mocked Rogue One for pandering.

Donnie Yen is in about three films every year. They do not need Hollywood to "represent" them.

Goddammit as an Asian person it pisses me off when guilty White leftists try to use and exploit other ethnicities as a tool for their fucking sense of self-righteousness, as if they're some kind of 'voice of the voiceless'. Stop speaking for others and imposing some perceived oppression on everyone. We're around 5.2% of speaking roles in American cinema. That's more than generous since we're like 4.8% of the population, and that's not even counting non-speaking roles. Fuck off and go cry for yourself.

Why do they call it "representation" when they mean "pandering" Sup Forums?

It's more about making money in the Chinese market. They don't really give a shit about social issues, it just sells movies.

>It's totally that they care and not some cold business decision done by marketing meetings for some of that sweet China money that keeps stuff like Transformers afloat

>Also SWs is full of and built off of cliches.

I feel it's more that if you took the Donnie Yen character and put it in a original sci-fi story, people would be whining that it's racist that the Asian guy has to know martial arts and take on the old "Blind Monk" trope but get some nerds to talk about how "diverse and enlightening" it is makes it ok for SW to do it.

The answer is literally to trick china into seeing it. No matter what dumb way the nerdist tries to warp this, the only real answer will be "corporate lawyers that run disney realized the more you have asians looking important the more money you make from china"

How exactly did they explain that there is a space china with space china culture

>Making hella bread. Highest IQ. Rich history.

Japan and South Korea live with Western standards, the rest of the continent is like all other 3rd world shitholes - a few super rich and the rest 99% are broke dick peasants. Asians having highest IQ is a meme - it's just brute memorization of established doctrines with weak creative thinking.

Btw I traveled all over Asia. It's full of fucking retards who are no better bean picking Mexicans or swamp dwelling inbred yokels

Because China is the largest growing market for films

Literally just have them be actual characters. Not monks, or martial arts masters, or mystical wizards. Just have an Asian office worker or cop movie, no big.
If SJWs didn't make a big stink about it, it probably would have happened eventually.

I find Asians and Indians to be distracting on screen as well as IRL.

The only time I'm ok with seeing them is if I step into 7/11 or do dry cleaning or go into some cheap hole in the wall eatery

>Big Gun Chinese Guy

I was calling him "Asian Whitaker" or "The Other Whitaker"