Thor ragnarok trailer comes out

>thor ragnarok trailer comes out
>mods have to make a sticky warning
>blade runner 2049 trailer, looks great
>one thread about the budget being 200 million and one about how shit its going to be

Fuck me lets save Sup Forums and talk about this trailer and how it at least visually looks great.

youtu.be/gCcx85zbxz4

Looks retarded.

How ?

Looks like shitty and unimaginative CGI.

Looks like fucking extras from prometheues

Let me guess:

That scene has Gostism walking through the place that's currently making replicants and explaining their history and how far they've come.

And other predictable things!

>every Civilization is built on REPLICANT slaves on the off world Colonies

Uh, I mean,
>all Civilization is built on expendable Labour LOL

Fucking Jared Leto is now 2049 Hitler. What garbage

>looks great
How the fuck does it look great? The stairs in the background look CGI. The mannequins in glass boxes are cheap and unimaginative.

>looks great
It looks as bad as robocop 4

That's a retarded observation

>at least visually looks great.
It looks like fucking garbage.
Like someone turned down all the graphical settings on a pc game.

Worst part about this shot is that I can completely see what they were going for with it and how they failed to film it properly.

And what was it? (seriously, I want to know)

>REMINDER
Disney shills are in this thread to actively shit on the trailer to stop it stealing some of that capeshit money

>filmed digitally
>looks great
pick one, reddit.

I just watched this too and I spent the entire trailer repeating the words "This is reddit, this is imdb, this is reddit, this is imdb..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 seconds it was so painful.

>Ayy super clean reboot lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place

>being this autistic
lel

retarded

Blade runner shouldn't look that spic n span

>And what was it? (seriously, I want to know)
They were going for that pyramid aesthetic from the first blade runner but tired to go into a inca temple or ziggurat direction but fucked up the "awe" angle, so now it looks like a flat shot of two actors in front of a greenscreen superimposed onto a flat wallpaper.

show me one good digital film with great shots. If you send a pic of Mad Max Furiosa Road, Im gonna laugh.

>mods have to make a sticky warning
I somehow believe there is one mod on Sup Forums, and all he does like to watch is reruns of Seinfeld.

This

It lacks any visual depth or aura, just a glib facsimile of its predecessor.

i said it in the trailer video comments. I think this is going to be the movie Ghost in the Shell should of been.

>Ryan Gosling
>Harrison Ford
>Ama de Amas
>Jared Leto

no black people or asian people in the trailer. That's great. It's not stealing a property that SHOULD HAVE gone to asian actresses.

I hate digital but a Rfn and Fincher shoot digital and they have a lot of nice shots.

The Revenant
Now fuck you utter pleb

>The Revenant
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

also fun fact i forgot to mention. i never seen the first blade runner and have no intention to cause it looks shit. But thislooks better

Also people are saying that The first blade runner has ties or at least informs things in the new Alien Covenant movie. IF anyone has seen both those movies lemme know if it's true

>5 second "trailer-for-the-trailer" clip at the beginning of the trailer
Why is this a common marketing trend now? This meme needs to die in hell.

that should have been shot on Super Panavision 70

Laughing at him doesn't make him less wrong, pleb.

Could you find the shot you mean? I haven't seen BR in years and I don't know what shot you mean. I agree with the "superimposed onto a flat wallpaper" look, looks bad.

Rubin Wright
Ana de Armas
Mackenzie Davis
god yes

No it shouldn't have

what is a digital film? like VOD?

>>mods have to make a sticky warning
they didn't had to, just probably there is a dccuck mod he implied there will be shilling

yes it does. Revenant had alot of shit done to it to give it that look.
Any film that requires colour correction should be ignored for cinematography.

No, it's any film made in the last 15 years not directed by Nolan, Tarantino or Paul Thomas Anderson
this joke is actually really clever

neo-neo-neo-neo-neo-nu/tv/ everyone

>Any film that requires colour correction should be ignored for cinematography.
We get it, you're an idiot
Now fuck off already

Sounds like you spend more time thinking about Reddit than people who actually use reddit

do you have value in digital film? give an argument or fuck off yourself

Lead with an opinion and thought provoking questions next time instead of just shit posting. Help fix the fucking board.

argue against what? your personal unsubstantiated feelings?
How about that the Red helium 8k has more dynamic range than 35mm film, nevermind 16mm?
Or that 35mm film is estimated to have a resolution of roughly 6k, which has been easily surpassed on digital?
>b-but muh meme directors said....
yeah, form your own opinion you little shit

looks like actionfied trash, classic modern hollywood

>form your own opinion
>heres technical data from camera manuals
lmao

It's for millennial retards with 5 second attention spans. It's basically letting them know that "ooooh, there's explosions and shit ahead" if they keep watching.

This man has gone too far

The movies climax will be that Deckard is a replicant, and this fact will in some way save Gosling (he uses his super strength or some shit)
I am right, this is what will happen, screencap it 2017

But you got BTFO

is that screenshot supposed to look good?

>film is better in an unquantifiable way
>using actual stats is cheating
wow, nice reasoning fagtron

>the only thing that matters is resolution
Off yourself.

>he thinks dynamic range is the same thing as resolution
why do i bother responding to literal retards?

>it's an "user hasn't seen the original Blade Runner 'cause it looks shit' but is excited for Blade Runner 2049 because it has Jared fucking Leto of all people" episode
Jesus.

Maybe the fact that it's all a slight notch ''better'' makes digital looks worse compared to 35mm. You ever think of that?

Film gave the original Blade Runner that good cyberpunk feel purely due to the impurities of film, they could easily recreate it with digital, but they haven't, so bravo Villenvue you fucking hack

That's not what I said though.
But I'm really glad to know you don't have a real argument.

No Disney, No Bisness

stop posting

Make me.

Awesome another soft reboot pretending to be a sequel! I wonder if Harrison Ford will die in this one?

Jokes - of course he will!

>That's not what I said though.
Right here that's exactly what you said
Nice attempt at backtracking faggot

I can't make you do anything, I can only try to appeal to your reasonable side and say that noone agrees with you and you're making a fool of yourself, it's an anonymous imageboard so noone will really know or care if you don't, but it will save some of us the headache of reading your exceptionally unironically retarded posts.

What part of that post implies I think dynamic range and resolution are the same thing?

I wonder who's more retarded.
The retard or the guy who's constantly replying to the retard.
I'm just having a bit of fun with your autistic ass' expense

>classic modern hollywood
what did he mean by this?

the bit where you claimed that i said the only thing that matters is resolution
>being too retarded to follow his own dialogue
I get it, you're an underage pleb. I don't know what you expect to prove by consistently embarrassing yourself

How did they manage to turn Blade Runner into capeshit?

>you're an underage pleb
He said while insisting that digital is objectively superior to film.

For someone who hates reddit, you sure are an expert on what reddit's style is...

It does look great, and I expected it to be shit

wew lad, what an epic troll, it almost looked completely and undeniably like you were retarded and invested in trying to be right, then switched at the end because you finally realised how dumb you were
but now you've told us you're just a super rusemaster the egg is on our face

u got rekt tbqh

How come trailers now have mini-trailers preceding them showing exact scenes that you're going to see in the regular trailer?

idk, the visuals/soundtrack seem almost on point for someone with hardon for industrial noir.

Looks like they shit on that classic P.Dick comfy narrative though.

>HURR HURR, you're so special
>War
>Division
>Philosophy for 8th graders

Actually my argument has only been a refutation that digital can't look good - using objective metrics to show that on paper it's superior
I never said it was objectively superior as a medium, nice projecting dickad

I'm really excited for it, it's definitely the movie I'm most looking forward to this year. I think the Goose is going to carry the movie pretty hard though. Ford looks like shit. Reminds me of Bill Murray in the new Ghostbusters. I also got bad signs from that girl with the black hair who seems like a villain. She just looks like a bad actor to me. But the visuals look very clean and they have that sterile feel to them, and the music seems good-- gives me Ex Machina vibes. Overall I'm optimistic

>Sup Forums wants me to believe that Baby Grewt is cool but Deakins and Lubezki are hacks

Please Sup Forums just invade us for real, I'd rather have you than these plebes

The visuals look like something I haven't seen before, that's a new one in the last few years. But yeah, that's all it has going for it so far.

It doesn't show enough to form an opinion on the movie. The aesthetics are interesting to say the least but they feel disconnected from the original movie. I can respect not going for a full remake a la Star Wars though

I'm not the user you were arguing initially with.
Though I doubt you'll believe me.
It's always funny to make autistics spazz out.

>>Sup Forums wants me to believe that Baby Grewt is cool but Deakins and Lubezki are hacks
Where does it say this? Could you post examples? I get that you need to defend being a tasteless entry level imdb drone, but post some source

It's because YouTube ads are skippable after 5 seconds, tardcake.

>merely pretending this hard
"I...it wasn't me!"
Next up is the poorly photoshopped screenshot, no?

>tasteless entry level imdb drone
Don't you get tired of embarrassing yourself?

>i-i'm not mad! i'm j-J-just having fun! i'm laughing! HAaha!!

to catch attention in 5 second scipable ads on youtube

Why does the set look wooden?

Imagine being THIS autistic.
Just fucking imagine.

Jay Bauman here, this movies looks retarded and cashbrabby as fuck, don't waste your time or your money. we won't a review and will watch something more worthwhile instead

It looks like something a child would make if they were trying to be artistic.

i don't have to, with posts like yours

The hotpocket sensibilities pervade through every frame of his work, and it is most definitely a tasteless entry level imdb drone pandering.

im excited for Ryan Gosling. but Jared actually does look good

Can you explain how OP's plywood set with mannequins looks better than this?

>Where does it say this? Could you post examples?
Sorry I kept you waiting, I knew some shill would post eventually

looks like a map from Unreal Tournament.

I bet that hallway leads to the blue flag.

I wonder if your autistic mind forces you to reply to this post.

Did you post that as damage control now that everyone knows how much of a tasteless entry level imdb drone you are?