Is Tarzan meant to be white? Why is he brown skinned with dreads?

Is Tarzan meant to be white? Why is he brown skinned with dreads?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungle_Tales_of_Tarzan
disneysnewgroove.tumblr.com/post/96002007962/disney-movies-in-order-of-historical-setting
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's a tan.

Tanned with curls with the hair care of a gorilla.

He was supposed to look like a surfer.

gee it's almost as if he spent most of his life in the elements and the rain forest.

Yes
Being in the sun all day tends to do that
That's what happens to hair when you don't groom it

How doe she get such a smooth shave?

He's gross and un-bathed, thus the dreads.
He's tanned because he's lived OUTSIDE IN A TROPICAL ENVIRONMENT

He never went through puberty so he never grew facial hair

gorillas are super rough when they pick nits out of human facial hair

Yeah this just hit me a sec ago. How the hell IS his face so smooth.

Yeah, didn't you see the musical cutscene where he went from a child straight to an adult?

>Being in the sun all day tends to do that
Being in the... what?

dreads are just dirty hair

the only answer i can think of is he used sharp rocks (or incessant plucking, which will eventually destroy the follicles. don't let your mom do it, on some level she wants you to be a baby forever. it's a sickness) to try to look more like the other gorillas. he was happy when new hair started growing in, until he realized it was in all the wrong places.. so he took care of his face, his chest.. probably gave up on the rest.
though he should have done the same to his eyebrows in that scenario

Why does he wear a loin cloth? Who taught him to wrap up his genitals?

He must have learned from experience that the jungle is no place to have your banana and berries exposed.

>Tarzan is actually still a kid, living in the wild has just worn his body down so much he looks like a man

The gorillas made him cover his massive man junk due to their notoriously small genitals.

Well in the books he learned to shave with his dad's knife

Japanese Tarzan
It call be Tarchan

Tarzan is white. He's a European who was lost in the jungle. He just got a tan from being outdoors all the time. I've actually met a few tanned whites who have even darker skin than Tarzan.

The cartoon actually does have a tribe of black people in it who called Tarzan a foreigner and outsider. And there's the irresistibly sexy African princess Queen La.

In the book he realizes he's a human when he finds his dead parents' little house and children books for him and finds an African tribe. He starts to shave and act more human. He also teaches himself to read.

>Queen La
>African

That bitch is Atlantean.

Atlantis produces hot bitches.

He's tan with dirty hair you nigger

I thought her "kingdom" was based on Mayan cultures?

Or...... and I know this is just crazy, but it could possibly be the case...

Its a fucking cartoon and Disney could make whatever design choices they thought would make a more acesssible movie.

I know...I know.... what a bunch of nonsense, desu im kinda baked I'm not sure where I even came up with this idea.

>don't let your mom do it

did you mom shave you?

Had Tarzan never met Jane, would he eventually try to fuck female gorillas?

Fuck, didn't mean to quote.

>would he eventually try to fuck female gorillas?
He tried to before, but got cucked.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungle_Tales_of_Tarzan

>That
>Brown
Where are you from? Iceland?

Sometimes I wonder if these threads are even bait, or if people are really this stupid.

Note that she's white-haired like the Atlanteans of Atlantis: The Lost Empire.

Tan + dirty hair

Disney Animated Cinematic Universe acknowledgment movie when? Serious not goofy like House of Mouse

disneysnewgroove.tumblr.com/post/96002007962/disney-movies-in-order-of-historical-setting

Pardon the tumblr

Long haiir naturally dreads when you don't brush it, it gets all tangled and dirty. The fact that it didn't knot into one huge gross dread implies that someone, maybe the gorilla, styled it somewhat to keep it tidy

DREDS are solely because hair is pretty difficult to animate. That's why, for example, some stuff in The Incredibles still looks great - but the teen girl's hair (pretty much anyone that doesn't have a lamp shade hairdo or helmet head hair) looks like crap on a cracker.

Some people are just naturally smooth. He doesn't have chest hair or anything else either.

... i noticed the no beard but yeah the lack of ANY body hair is kinda odd when you consider it.

They probably fiddled with his hair regularly to check for fleas, ticks and all that shit.

Animating hair is a pain in the ass, it's easier to just leave it out

Plus kids don't want to see hairy pits or chests

What modern Disney characters have hairy chests/arms?

>kids don't want to see hairy pits or chests
I'd assume they don't particularly WANT to see them, but I don't think most kids have an averse reaction to body hair.

>Her motivation was that she was in heat and wanted to keep Tarzan as a stud to fill her with seed