What do you think of Ryan North?

What do you think of Ryan North?

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2016/05/06/project-wonderful-changes-policy-on-advertising-over-ms-marvel-nude-images/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He's an SJW, right? He's a faggot.

Thorax?

I only know him from Dinosaur comics and his work on the Adventure Time comics, both of which were usually more annoying than funny.

So don't like him too much.

Just from looking at him I can tell he's one of those white guys who spends a lot of his time talking about how much he hates other white guys.

don't be racist bro

He looks like that guy from Tim and Eric

His company thinks Kamala is not for nudes.

bleedingcool.com/2016/05/06/project-wonderful-changes-policy-on-advertising-over-ms-marvel-nude-images/

Well it is haram

Remember that time he got stuck in a hole with his dog?

He's a faggot

Faggot. Next question.

Why hasn't he just came out the closet and married Andrew Hussie yet?

I only know him from the stuff Hussie has said about him

Canadian advertising baron Ryan North?

He's a wealth creator.

You don't know that this guy is black, user. Maybe he's just one of those white guys who really wanted to tell us how much he hated another white guy.

A weak male who can't really write something that isn't his own opinions. overcompensates for his shortcomings by loudly blaring things that appeal to his associated communities. he's kinda funny but his humor was never anything special

Andrew is way too far above North's station for that.

I liked To Be or Not to Be

hi tom

how's the green card going

I don't

hopefully hell work on that soon before Trump builds his wall

I think he's a louse. He's the type of person that makes people vote for Trump out of spite, and everything he's ever written is smarmy, in-group signaling tripe.

I feel like he's not a bad guy, but just one of those creators that takes a concept and stretches it way too long.

Like Dinosaur Comics. It had some gems in it, but after 13 years, the comic seems more like it's there just to be there rather than trying to create a good comic.

I'm sure he's not bad. I do know that while his writing used to appeal to me, it kind of got stale.

Dinosaur comics was alright, but he never really expanded the way some of his contemporaries did. Brian Clevinger and Chris Hastings both did the internet humor webcomics, but their style developed while North pretty much writes the thing he always has. Squirrel Girl had alt text, for chrissake.

I dunno, I feel like I like and dislike his stuff at the same time.

It's kind of hard to explain. He CAN write funny stuff but there's just something about the tone of his stuff that rubs me the wrong way. Like everything he writes reads like "Ryan North writing humor" rather than how the character should be on their own.

If that makes sense. I felt it with the AT comics and I felt it with Stick It to the Man and I felt it with Squirrel Girl.

That's the interesting part, too.

Hastings and Clevinger both wrote for Marvel, too, and they seemed to handle the whole "writing for the Marvel universe" thing in a better manner than North did. Mostly because their writing style was something that can be noticeable to the fans, but is just basic, decent writing for others. They don't try to be cute by throwing in really obnoxious cues that they were the ones writing it. Deadpool doesn't go "Man, I should get a doctorate. Being a doctor ninja would be pretty cool.", no matter how 'in-character' you could make it.

But North's writing style is so "This is how Ryan North writes" that it's annoying.

I'm not really saying he's a bad writer because of it, as opinions are subjective and he's probably okay, but it's definitely hard for me to enjoy the writing of someone who seems intent on making sure people know "This is me. I'm the one writing this."

Which is?
Never followed Homestuck.

Switching cards with Hussie was funny and I liked him riffing on the Back to the Future book.

Other than that, I don't know.

This is basically true. I'm in an odd position where I like his writing, but it's still obvious that he's still only able to write one way. Which basically means rather than hoping he'll write his characters in character, I hope the characters he gets chosen to write are the ones that already match his style (as with Adventure Time).

Another hack writer who thinks your beliefs and your writing need to walk in lockstep. You could see the SJW doublethink seeping into his dumb dino comic for a while and his Disney garbage really sees it come to a head.

He's pretty funny, but his sperging out over Plinkett really bothered me.

>Disney garbage
What?

>his sperging out over Plinkett really bothered me.

his what?

I prefer Adam West, to be honest.

Cesaro doing a Louis Theroux cosplay.
Also he's an SocJus cuck.

>squirrel girl has web shooters now, jerks!

fuck that line bothered me

like he clearly intended to write 'bitches' but deemed it too offensive or whatever

why not just phrase it differently at that point

>It feels crazy that I have to say this, but I would pay good money for a version of Red Letter Media’s reviews that didn’t feature all those added scenes where, you know women get kidnapped and murdered.

>It’s like you sit down in front of these feature-length reviews of Star Wars and Star Trek films and you think, hey, wow! Here is some really well-thought-out commentary on the structure and content of narratives that’s incredibly entertaining, insightful AND funny, I’m gonna share this with my mothe— oh wait, no, here’s a scene where we watch the reviewer gas a kidnapped woman to death and here’s one where a prostitute tied up in the basement begs for her life and here’s one where he shows us how he murdered his wife.

>There’s some great filmic insights here, all baked together with scenes of women (it’s always women) about to be murdered that do absolutely nothing except to maybe make you laugh? Because look that one woman is begging that her life be spared and saying she’ll do anything! Hah hah hah that IS a good one!!

>It’s so frustrating because the actual review parts verge on brilliant, and I keep thinking “oh, they’ll definitely cut out the violence towards women played for laughs in the next video” but noooooooooooope.

>tl;dr: internet, what is wrong with you

I prefer Peter North, to be honest.

He looks like KC Green from a reality where he didn't discover he could eat his feelings.

I sort of agree, not because I find it distasteful or even unfunny I mean sometimes it's funny but it's just I'd rather watch the review rather than the skit. I get the joke is the dissonance and the running joke that he's a psychopath but I didn't feel like the pace break.

Peter North is a massive fruit and is only able to keep it up if he's getting fucked in the ass or blown by a dude between shots.

It's also the real secret to his money shots. Prostate stimulation.
Oh and he's barely 7 inches long and 5.5 inches in girth AFTER the cock pumping.

Have fun watching used up whores bareback fuck a fruit for the umpteenth time. Hope the deep despair of realizing that you modeled your entire sexual understanding around gay guys and beaten up whores.

did he not grow up with pizza bites or something?

sheesh

This.
I even like Squirrel Girl, but fuck if it doesn't feel Northy as shit.

What a faggot.

What a fucking pussy.