Civil War Thread (Spoilers) Thread #3

Sam and Bucky buddy cop movie when?

what happened to Sharon? All the promo material had her suited up with gear standing with team Cap. Also that kiss came out of nowhere

Emily VanCamp is a total qt

She was hamfisted to begin with in this movie.

Lost her relevance after getting blown the fuck out by Bucky then supplying the weapons.

500 BILLION DOLLARS SPENT ON BACKFLIPS

she got bumped just like she did in WS in favor of Black Widow

Probably just a placeholder for Scarlet Witch.

Or she had a larger role that was scaled down during production.

BRUCE BANNER WHERE

So does a friendly dick sucking fall under this? You know, just to boost the spirits

Tony was right

She probably had a bigger role when the movie wasn't Civil War, and they tried to salvage it, but they put Scarlet Witch instead because she has actual powers.

Worst part of these fucking movies desu is how Widow keeps stealing her screen time

Off getting cucked and BLACKED now that T'Challa's on the scene.

Bucky and Sam were everything I was hoping they would be.

It would have been weird if she was in the airport fight, she would have been useless or straight up died. I think they were just trying to hype her up so that people would know who she was when she showed up.

She was signed on before the film became Civil War so I imagine she used to have a bigger role. As the least well developed of the cast they probably figured she was the most expendable character and cut out a lot of her other development, in a self-reinforcing feedback loop. Too bad that of all the stuff she could've done they kept the one scene that needed her to have been properly built up the most.

So when's Tony dying? He's not doing any more solo movies as far as I'm aware so we'll never get to see the real Mandarin, which is disappointing.

I miss Sam Rockwell

I didn't know Bruce Banner was secretly having a torrid love affair with Bucky Barnes. Though the initials should've really given it away.

>what happened to Sharon? All the promo material had her suited up with gear standing with team Cap. Also that kiss came out of nowhere

They do that for notable characters regardless. Remember they had posters for her in Winter Soldier.

his nose looks fuckin weird

>Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely's original approach was Captain America and Falcon searching for Bucky while Zemo is orchestrating global turmoil. The "Civil War" element was added later on, partially in response to BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE.

>In early drafts, T'Challa was just a diplomat advocating for superhero accountability on behalf of Wakanda, and Spider-Man was the outsider who provided a different viewpoint than Captain America's and his followers and Iron Man's and his followers. When negotiations with Sony nearly fell through, Black Panther got propped up, and then Spider-Man became available anyway.

>The Wasp was in earlier drafts, and there was also an extended sequence about Scott Lang's life in San Francisco that got scrapped and never filmed.

>The Russos cut a scene between Black Widow and Black Panther at the German base after the battle in Romania because they felt it was redundant. Overall, roughly 12 minutes have been deleted from their assembly cut.

>"You just started a war" and "I was wrong about you, the whole world was wrong about you" got cut, probably part of an extended confrontation at the Siberian Hydra base.

Also, Markus and McFeely apparently presented their first story draft before seeing ANT-MAN and put Ant-Man on Stark's side before it was pointed out to them the grudge between Hank Pym and the Stark family.

Rhodey, don't you have rehab to get to?

Source on that pic?

She was also going to be the main heroine for that film until they put in Black Widow.

Stan was definitely not as cut this time around. Bucky really started to let himself go.

>Being Tony's friend is suffering

The kiss would have been better if she had grabbed him and he gave into it rather than him suddenly growing a pair. You get the bro nod no matter what.

kek

All I really want to know is if it's as good as Winter Soldier. If so, I'll drop the cash to see it this weekend.

Nah I've seen some pics of him working out on his Instagram and he was pretty fucking cut. It was just a little more strongfat this time around, plus they gave him really shitty and unflattering outfits.

oh hey it's John C Reilly

I feel like part of it was them trying to point out that he's been eating garbage because it's cheap.

So something bugs me about this whole setup for the Accords.

All of the operations where the Avengers are shown causing collateral damage are likely important enough to merit them anyway.

Invasion of Earth by aliens? Fuck yes send them in and Hulk would still drop some bricks on someone who was bothering to film instead of running for fucking cover during an invasion. Nevermind that the World Council just wanted to nuke the portal and the city with it. Fury disobeyed a direct order. Now hopefully they won't actually give a UN panel nuke launch authority but some of those signatory countries may just push for it anyway.

Washington DC? Hydra infiltrated SHIELD and the World Security Council. Alexander Pierce was the Sec Def promoted to the World Council. Whatever panel they use can surely be infiltrated by bad guys able to pay them just like Zemo did. Then to stop super helicarriers from eliminating people across the US they will be knocked out of the sky.

Sokovia? Stark caused it, sure, but once Ultron was running amok who else would stop him? He'd still life a city and people would still have buildings dropped on their head. Just like New York they were trying to stop the threat while mitigating civilian losses as much as they could.

Lagos? Hard to say if they'd have called in the Avengers for Crossbones unless they knew he was after some bio weapon and if it was suitably bad. Shit still happens on the job and regrettably innocent lives are lost in conflicts all the time. Doesn't make it any less a tragedy but nobody yet has found a way to stop all collateral damage.

Basically I can't think of a single thing the Accords would do that would have stopped any of the shit that went down. It was exactly what Cap said, just Tony could blame someone else with making the call to act so he doesn't feel the guilt when things go bad.

It's more of an Avengers film done right than a Cap solo film imo but it's still worth the cash.

Nothing beats those hard hitting sounds in a theater.

Nah I met him right after filming and he was solid buff. They just put him in really loose clothing that made him look too soft for his bulk.

Can we talk about that Raimi-esque music during most of the Spidey sequences?

It's not really about stopping shit as much as it was about they needed to have some way for these guys to take accountability instead of literally no recourse. The point was none of this was their intentional fault (in fact the entire plot of CW was none of their intentional fault either) but who takes the responsibility anyway?

>mfw there was nothing but a big bag of chips and candy bars on the top of his fridge

At least he tried to buy some fruit.

Anybody else laugh hard when that building in the beginning blew up?

Its ok but not as good as WS.

Good
>Central storyline/conflict
>Emotional Cap/Iron Man moments
>Zemo
>Spidey

Bad
>Pacing
>Editing
>All those subplots that added little/nothing; making the movie convoluted
>Civil War but not really (not sure if good thing or bad thing)

I liked the movie but honestly it would have worked better if it were a straightforward Captain America movie. The central story between Cap, WS, and Zemo + Iron Man as a small supporting role would have made for a great movie. But making the movie out to be this huge conflict with all the Avengers, a ton of new characters, and all these subplots detracted from the movie.

Basically the movie feels like a Captain America: Winter Soldier sequel with an Avengers movie shoehorned in. In the same way Batman v Superman is a Man of Steel sequel with a Justice League movie shoehorned in. Both films suffer from nearly the same problems too.

did you get to fuck him

>Can you move your seat up?
>No.

>those looks they give Cap after he kisses Sharon

Not as good as Winter Soldier but better than most Marvel movies and miles ahead of the clusterfuck that was AoU.

Where? A con?

I'd it's as good, if not better in some aspects as a movie. But I don't think it's quite fair to compare them because CW is more a team-based movie is WS is a solo.

He'll be in Homecoming and IW.

>He's not doing any more solo movies
Yeah he's saying that now, just like he said he wasn't going to be in more MCU movies after IM3. Who knows. If Disney throws more insane million numbers after him he might do it.

I wish. He did hug me though, and that's how I can confirm that there was 0 squish.

>I'M STEVE'S BEST FRIEND
>NO I AM

I don't know. Consider Tony actually presented this drawn out mopey holographic simulation of being a troubled kid and having parent issues to an entire class before just handing them free money. That entire scene screamed that Tony was trying to paint himself in a sympathetic light to the public instead of just being the guy who created Ultron and nearly fucked over the planet.

Bonus points if in the future it turns out that 1/3rd of those students whose projects he funded ended up creating some technology or got into a lab accident that turns them into super villains. Because every single movie he's been in Tony ends up creating or otherwise inspiring/empowering a villain.

I'm glad Zemo was pretty much nonexistent in advertising, because it made him way more interesting and surprising.

How did he smell?

>Pacing
>Editing
At no point did I think these were weird at all

>Bad
>>Pacing
>>Editing

Compared to what?

>Sebastian Stan will never give you big stronk hug like proud Slav bear
CYKA BLYAT

He's such an understated villain, how WOULD you advertise him?

Roughly equal

I was really surprised by how serious Tony was in this movie
>mfw "I don't care, he killed my mom."

The only pacing issues that I've noticed was the Peggy death scene, and maybe the part when Vision was explaining his reasoning. I felt like that was part was sorta rushed.

I feel like it's too convenient that he killed the Starks after making them crash

Why didn't he just take the glowing Gatorade packets and leave them there?

Not that user but I can confirm that he gives the best hugs ever. Holy shit.

Chris gives pretty damn solid hugs too. they're somewhat improved for me though because I'm level with his mantits so I got a facefull of nice

He was constantly shitted on to the point he couldn't even quip back to Hawkeye.

Shit got real

>"No witnesses."

I wouldn't. That's why he hits like a truck in this movie. You don't expect him. He rused EVERYONE.

Expecting a big fight with 5 other Winter Soldiers? Nope, he just killed them all. He wanted Cap and Iron Man tin the same room to kill eachother.

But he was supposed to assassinate them. You know, make sure they were dead.

Wasn't his mission to kill everyone included or whatever? That's how I took it, anyways.

Where the fuck are you guys meeting these people?

>tfw I'll never bury my face into Evans pecs because we're the same height

I want to motorboat Chris Evans' fat tits.

>just straight up blasts Sam

Damn son.

The first hour suffers a lot in these departments. The film grinds to a halt for a great deal of time as it jumps around between points in time and locations. Also the quick cut editing ala the Bourne movies was headache inducing especially during the opening scenes.

If he actually had a suit, they could.

seeing how Zemo was depicted in CW, if Marvel ever decides to do Thunderbolts, they'll probably turn them into MCU Skwad

>chest level with someone that's 6'

please be a qt

What? And risk one or both of them living and tipping people off that he took them?
It's called being cautious and wrapping up loose ends.

If I had a sense of smell I could tell you, but alas.

I really do blame him looking chubby on the wardrobe choices, though. Maybe they were trying to soften his look to seem less scary and threatening to make a distinction between Bucky and the Winter Soldier.

So did anyone actually read the Sokovia Accords?
They just immediately started arguing about it.

Chris was super friendly with hugs even though the staff kept trying to say not to hug him. He just grabbed me and stuffed me right into his tits. Best day of my life.

You don't have a sense of smell? Holy shit. I guess that could be useful like using a public bathroom.

Did you always have this or did you lose it later in life? How does food taste to you?

I agree. He didn't even know who she really was until like a few days before. And its not like they have been working together and developing a friendship/relationship between the events of WS and this, she was working for the CIA and he was off being an Avenger.

>tfw watching this movie
I was moist. Seriously. I was sweating quite a bit in the theater.

Martin Freeman was wasted. Goddamn Marvel

Were his tits soft or firm?

He's being set up for later obviously.

>the faces of approval from Sam and Bucky after that scene

I'm so fucking jealous right now, user. I'm a girl but 6'1" so I never get selected like this.

Cons, usually.

same

I'm a womanlette, don't worry.

SO SOFT SO PLUSH
With some underlying hardness because R I P P E D.

They could have gone with a James Bond agent feel, suave, iron man-ish, and double agent-ish, but female version.

Instead she's just kind of a bitch who walks around and talks.

So was I. I had to clean up when I got home and it wasn't even hot outside.

I'm kinda assuming Stark, Rhodes, and Romanoff probably at least skimmed them after the argument before signing, but I get your point.
I think the idea was that the finer details really didn't matter to Rogers and Wilson, any amount of oversight or compromise was too much.

Even if I met Sebastian Stan out on the streets of New York or something like that I'd probably be too spaghetti to ever go up to him and hug him or anything like that.

Goddamn am I happy Pepper is finally gone. Imo, they should have killed her off in IM3 - serving as an even better reason for Tony going full retard in AOU.

womanlettes are the best kind of women. I'm the same height as Chris and there's nothing better than qts that are a head length or so shorter than you

>SO SOFT SO PLUSH
>With some underlying hardness because R I P P E D.

That sounds cozy as fuck.

I need a gif of that scene were Sam and Bucky were smiling and nodding from the car at Cap.

>both get their asses handed to them by Spidey
>"I hate you"
best line in the film

Me, too. I can talk straight to anyone except the qts.

>tfw the rest of Sup Forums can finally discuss this
We've been expecting you

This man asks the right questions

>Scott was just some two bit thief
>Called by in Capt. himself
>Starts kicking ass and taking names
>Gets bodied
>No orange slices
>In Superjail (tm)
Who has authority over the suit, Scott or Pym?

Quality is rubbish because camrip, but maybe someone has better?

I literally avoided Sup Forums and any social media after the second trailer dropped.

Thank God for Jojo threads on Sup Forums

>Abed working for Shield
>Dean still complaining about money