Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C_DyGOtXKRo
youtube.com/watch?v=T9sWa7n8dsY
youtube.com/watch?v=kwBcyUGXI2s
youtube.com/watch?v=lC119ND1FTE
youtube.com/watch?v=-840keiiFDE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yup just like labelless tin can and mighy no 9

I just saw all the episodes thought the show was bland but i keep seeing all these comments about how they took people's money and just like you someone compared it to mighty no. 9

Probably not, just a victim of poor planning.

Technically no, practically yes.

nah, it was just extremely poorly-thought out

How so?

The feet remind me of CWC a little.

New design is better. Old design was sloppy.

Sup Forums is just upset because she's less fappable now.

Turns out SJWs aren't good at real world activities like planning or finances.

who the hell drew the new one

the old one has the perfect proportions for that artstyle, and the new one is just fat for no reason

less fappable, less effort, less animation, less everything
boy, aren't we just petty about all these things
less is more and how dare people get upset that the thing that they paid for looks nothing like the thing that they got

Didn't they get cheap and get another animation team to do the rest of the episodes?

Natasha designed both
The new one was a redesign so that people don't have to try hard at animating shit

jesus christ I want this cancerous art style to die already.
I was never even a fan of the old design, but the new one looks like complete garbage.

but the first one doesn't look hard to animate at all, and they are supposed to be profesionals, also they can just leave the animation to koreans

actualli i think the second would be harder to animate because it looks flat as fuck im not asying that the old one is really 3 dimensional but at least it has something that actually looks like hair over her head

No, it was just run by a bunch of idiots who had no idea how to run a show.

It's not hard to animate, but less easy to animate
There are too many features and details to keep track of
If you compare the pilot to the final product, it's obvious that the same level of quality wasn't upheld

putting the hair behind her ears allows them to just use a single symbol on a layer under the body for the hair.
the feet and hands are simplified too.

not gonna lie left has more appealing proportions despite having tumour legs idk why Sup Forums bashes it so hard

i doubt any character design artists browse Sup Forums but it'd be nice to get their 2 cents

>The new one was a redesign so that people don't have to try hard at animating shit

It must be so difficult animating Adventure Time-era designs, those poor babies

The only thing left has going for it is the design is tighter and more consistent than left, they've gotten rid of all the non necessary features, other than that it's a terrible redesign.

Both of those are incredibly simplistic.

When your job is an animator, you should strive for challenges

Switched studios mid production. Being made in Japan.

Episode update on kickstarter: "This isn’t the final version, though. The episode is still in retakes at OLM, and when the animation is done, the audio will need to be mixed. The process takes a while"

>The process takes awhile!
Then why does it look like such shit?

Stan-Sized chin is the definition of the word sloppy

because animation is time consuming no matter how you do it.
the problem is that its taking way too long for the results they deliver.

No clue. Seeing the updates give me a small glimmer of hope. But I backed this pile of dogshit so I'm buckled in for the ride.

You can still see that the new design is even more basic than the old
Shoes changed into sneakers, clothing becomes tucked in and drawn close to the body, smaller details disappear and limbs/hair increase in size
All because it's hard to keep up the smaller things

Also, I'm assuming you haven't seen the difference in animation between the pilot and the series, so go watch them
Google it if you have to

post yfw you didn't give a dime to this piece of shit project

>Kikestarter
Yes

Poor planning indeed. There's no conceivable way to fund a series on that much money. Obvious Avatar was higher aiming, but for some perspective, a single episode of AtLA was about $1million total.

A single episode of Invader Zim was about 900k total.

Hell I think Father of the Pride cost 2.5 million per episode.

Why does the voice actress sound like she's not trying? It feels like what would happen if I asked my mom to voice act for my show. She doesn't know dick about acting, but it's just going along because the idea is cute.

The show is boring but pretty is that what they're aiming for?

>At least I didn't donate to B&PC

Who knew, right?

The tie-in comic is now cancelled.

Didn't they already release some?

Kek, when is Nat going to show her face at a convention next? Will she even dare?

Uhh, excuse me, shitlord, it's not "boring", it's "safe", okay? Just because you can't appreciate comedy that doesn't rely on conflict, irony or any of those problematic things that make comedy funny, doesn't mean it's not funny, okay? Ugh, I can't even.

#10-11 were released after many months with drastic creative team changes.

0/10

So out of curiosity I checked this out and it feels like the main character got brain damage after the pilot episode for some reason. Also Bravest Warriors seems like another failure

Cartoon Hangover realised that they can make the same amount of money quickier and with less risk just by taking 20 something facts about a random cartoon series and stretching it over 107 entries.

The weird thing is people seem to be watching those videos.

You ever notice that on a lot of these shows the voice actors also tend to be writers and such? It's because the entire thing is a giant circlejerk and it's a way for the creators to get their friends work as much as anything. And it's way easier (and cheaper) to just get Caitlyn the Writer, Adam the Storyboarder or Brent the Intern to voice your characters instead of a professional voice actor.

What a difference a Japanese studio makes.

I'm thinking whoever drew the bottom portion should be in charge, not the person who drew the top half.

It has nothing to do with sloppiness. Her current design actually has her mouth at a set point, where her old mouth slid all over her face and was drawn without any though as to how her jaw existed underneath.

New one has more balanced proportions (not as in realistic, but as the distribution of shapes), a stronger silhouette, is cleaner overall (which is EXTREMELY important for a storyboard-based show) and most importantly: A much better sense of how the character is supposed to look from all angles and poses. You can actually tell where the joints are.

Around when did they switched from korea to japan?

>When your job is an animator, you should strive for challenges
Not when you're operating with a small team and a limited budget.

honestly i don't give 2 metric shits about the designs the only thing that red white and blue ballsed me is the writing

>mfw I tried to warn them
>mfw they didn't listen

>mfw I thought it was tumblr/weeaboo trash from the start
>mfw the tumblr/weeaboo crowd got BTFO

Leave cartoon hangover shills

>Poor planning indeed. There's no conceivable way to fund a series on that much money. Obvious Avatar was higher aiming, but for some perspective, a single episode of AtLA was about $1million total.
This is what they say on their Kickstarter:
>Our minimum goal is to produce six, brand new, six-minute Bee and PuppyCat cartoons.
That adds up to 36 minutes. I guess with the stretch goals they're supposed to make 9 episodes, or 54 minutes. If the six minutes includes credits or an intro or something, then it would probably be more like 45 minutes. Their production quality also seems to be very low.

They shouldn't even need Kickstarter for this, they should be able to do it on their own. People have independently published much more demanding animation than this.

How's that weird, user?
People have been eating that kind of shit up for a long time now.

What the actual fuck, thats fucking savaged, you don't do that shit, who in the right mind thought top was a good idea. Guessing the excuse is "under-budget"

>It has nothing to do with sloppiness.
Yes it does. Speaking of sloppy, does anyone have that gif of Bee's magically shrinking arm?

The chin size is a choice.

The arm shrinking is an example of sloppiness, but the design is not.

>They shouldn't even need Kickstarter for this, they should be able to do it on their own. People have independently published much more demanding animation than this.

That, and they're fucking Frederator! You can't convince me they need a Kickstarter when they have Adventure Time bringing them money!

Got you covered

?

I'm looking at this again, it's not just her arms that shrink. Her legs, her head, her whole fucking body scales down as she stands up. Look closely.

> >:T face

Which was the bigger blunder, Hiveswap or Puppycat?

To be fair, she has something in her mouth.

her arms also shrink/transition terribly. Pretty bad inbetweens

This reply is gold omfg

the artist got fatter so she made her self-insert fatter

People keep talking about her design in the show when she's moving it doesn't look too bad but the issue is lack of content and story?? What's even the plot? Is it really a comedy? If so it's super bland

>Natasha designed both
Bullshit.
Her nuBee looks way better than that piece of trash. Notice how she has a little sideburn unlike the other one who has a naked ear. Notice the face and feet proportions.

I'm not shilling, I'm stating the fact that shows are expensive as fuck to make.

They should have either gotten more money or not been so ambitious in their promotional artwork.

The thing is shows are expensive to make do to paying people if they should've kept it a small team

Did you read

It turns out animation ridiculously expensive and making a television show is difficult.

I guess its comedy, but its the worst humor and lazy writing I have ever seen. My friends 6 year old likes the show, its just noises. I was done after cleavage crab, I laugh at dumb shit online but that was TeH PengUiN Of D00M stupid.

get out of here, thats baloney

Yeah, its not like they were a studio who had made animated work before and knew what they were doing or anything. These are 6 min shows with hardly any complex art or animation, a small team of 5 people could have cranked these out in just months.

because mighty n°9 was quite the scam mate, not only the game doesn't look anything related to the final product the game itself looks terrible and they delayed it inumerous time. not only that but the creator also had ANOTHER kickstarter going on at the same time that FAILED but a chinese company ended up paying for the project anyways, apperently they were going to receive money from that company regardless and they wanted to get more shekels out of people.

I'm so mad I paid for that "game" my fanboy for Megaman betrayed me.

Meanwhile in Japan:
youtube.com/watch?v=C_DyGOtXKRo
youtube.com/watch?v=T9sWa7n8dsY
youtube.com/watch?v=kwBcyUGXI2s
youtube.com/watch?v=lC119ND1FTE
youtube.com/watch?v=-840keiiFDE

>yfw you DID give money to this shit

goodbye $20. You could've been 2-3 meals.

The pilot wasn't even good, never understood what people saw in this at all.

Regardless if it was meant to be or not they didn't keep their word, so of course people are gonna be mad.