ITT: Describe your art style. Other anons R8

ITT: Describe your art style. Other anons R8.

Pic related, I drew it.

Lately, I've tried a lot to branch out and make my characters more abstracted. I've looked to Doug Tennapel for inspiration, as I've always liked his used of unusual shapes as body parts. I'd post more but this is the only recent character design I have that's digital.

I'm not big on thick or thin outlines. I keep outlines moderate, varying depending on the lighting and such. I tend to have somewhat messy, jagged lines. (It isn't apparent in pic related, but I'll show if I have a good example of this.) It causes my work to look a little sketchy, but in a good way. I like it at least.

Other urls found in this thread:

mmanga.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It reminds me of those old claymation video games for the PC back in the day.

I liked those.

Oh, like The Neverhood? That's made by the Doug Tennapel guy I mentioned. He also made Earthworm Jim and the show Catscratch.

Some people have described my art as ATLA style, but I was never a huge fan of that show.

Its basically a grab bag of random aspects of different anime and comics I've seen.

Idk what I'm going for anymore.

wren? also why don't you like ATLA?

I don't think that picture is an example of sketchy in a good way, it looks like you don't have a steady hand and you've got chicken scratch lineart. It doesn't come off as a stylistic choice, more so a lack of line confidence.

I've never had a set style which I suppose is good? Here's a spidey I did plus a drawing I did of me (I'll reply to this post so you can see it)

Jk here's the drawing of me following the spidey

>Describe your art style.
my style is bad

Huh. Not too bad. Could definitely get behind this. Got any full body?

I am aware it looks disproportionate, I was trying to make alien. Also,I'm also aware that it may look like shit. I drew this awhile back.

tenuous fundamentals and an obsessive compulsive-like level of turd polishing

i like to think i'm good at cartoons though

grade A weebshit

my art is bad but good at pretending to not be bad

Bad, that's my art style. Can never get normal looking poses. Anyone got any guides or something?

>guides
git gud, son
there is no guide, just the grind

google "pose reference"

try this
mmanga.net/

heres some doodles i did the other day

The result of "i can't do anime, let's try cartoons", my art is heavily built around shapes to the point of sameface but manages to be diverse enough in design and body structure to feel unique

wow thank you so much for this!

Meticulous, yet shitty

I bought a tablet on a whim one day and drew one picture, this.

Now just imagine if you put that to use on something other than this generation's sonic donutsteels.

I posted this the other day on an OC thread, but whatever. My style is just heavy inkwork, with crisp clean lines. Sometimes I color but not for 5 minutes doodles.

I like grotesque-y kinda stuff, but I can't colour for shit.

adult Jake Long
Steven Universe meets Shovel Knight

I fully intend to if I can ever motivate myself to work on my webcomic idea

My artstyle: Awesome. I'm the best.

I like your style a lot!

Yours too!

pls rate

Trash

I draw like shit, worst part is I can't draw guns at all so I probably won't even finish this. Sorry its a phone picture, too lazy to scan it

clean your line
work on your anatomy
finish this
less photoshop, more paper
work on your line and proportions
study more from real
decide of csomthing to draw and do it
LINE !!!!
post the real pic, not some blurry crop
get out
there's nothing here
do another
decent yet unfinished
find a gun pic then do the same

get out

I guess my art style is good.

Doodly.

better than everyone else yet with less skill

I like it

and the pictures are really big for some reason

I like Doug Tennapel alot too, and i really like GEAR with bulky lines. I don't really have style since it changes every month or so.