How's Your Webcomic? /hyw/ #268

Share your comic with others!
Link your website and portfolio!
Comment and critique others work!
Previous thread: Thread activity: No one pays attention to the thread activity.

Other urls found in this thread:

myscriptfont.com/
artists.pixelovely.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/
quickposes.com/pages/timed
senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
shutterstock.com/
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/
tumblr.com/theme/39018
pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#
youtube.com/watch?v=PQ0lck7oo4A
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/
blambot.com/
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/
jesse-the-art-maker.deviantart.com/art/FATES-chapter-4-page-39-wip-25-607530873
drivethrucomics.com/product/182447/Fcbd-2016
vigormortis.co.uk/
fpc.smackjeeves.com/
fates.thecomicseries.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=i1vVR4VaVIk
youtube.com/watch?v=yQOkmHqBTGI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Scrub Authors GOODIE Bag

Here’s a short list of sites that any new webcomic artist or writer will find handy:

>*-Struggling to find that perfect FONT? Create your own using this link;
myscriptfont.com/

>*-Don’t forget to brush up on that ANATOMY:
artists.pixelovely.com/practice-tools/figure-drawing/
quickposes.com/pages/timed

>*-What’s a list without some reference STOCK IMAGES?
People: senshistock.deviantart.com/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/

>*-Here's a big fat compilation of CHARACTER DESIGN REFERENCE:
pinterest.com/characterdesigh/

>*-Finally, here are some links to get a rough WEBSITE started up:
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Do’s and Don’ts for starting a site: pastebin.com/kNR2W5mV

>*-Here’s the contact sheet if anyone wants to put information down, like their site and webcomic:
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit#

>*-We also got a SKYPE CHAT room going on,
To join the chat, seek out 'starlinemike' or 'scribblehatch' and they'll add you in.

>Wise words from John Cleese:
youtube.com/watch?v=PQ0lck7oo4A

>Invisible Ink:
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_3.pdf

>Paper Wings
chrisoatley.com/category/podcasts/
web.archive.org/web/20140625035030/http://paperwingspodcast.com/

>Fonts for your webcomic on Blambot:
blambot.com/

>Writing Resources:
cienciasecognicao.org/rotas/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Robert-McKee-Story.pdf

>Guide to promoting your comic:
miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/

2nd for little sisters

Anime

No memeing.

I don't even know what this is.

>tfw you go to bed after an update and wake up to no views on said update

Xth for edgy sisters

What are you doing with your sister right now?

wroops, didn't see new thread

>tfw no sister

Well if you must know, we're watching RENT

I paid attention, I just didn't do it because I dunno.

yeah. i miss those. i just missed it last time. also rain takes a long time to draw

No it doesn't...

You have to draw each individual droplet with the reflection inside. About 200 times.Why do that?

well i didnt mean THAT
but it is a lot of droplets and keeping them all parallel, making some difference in depth.. then there's drawing the character all properly wet, possibly with drops dripping off of them.. honestly it's a great exercise we SHOULD do

Just airbrush with a 500 px and pretend the droplets are very small.
Please, I use SAI, you have to use the line tool to make straight lines. I should have listened to those fire alpaca users, I should have.

Because people will get their hands either busy on their comic or busy in shitposting.

is it normal for you guys to listen to music for whatever your doing? My sister does this and it kind of annoys me sometimes but apparently there's a certain asthetic it creates.

what is the difference

When drawing, yeah. When writing story, no. But of course. Different strokes for different folks. Lining a sketch and filling base colors can be pretty boring desu

Yes. I usually play three songs in repeat (Goodbye to a World by Porter Robinson, L.O.V.E by Sophie, and DJ Mason's Exceeder.) It usually annoys me so much listening to this shit I try to work faster to finish.

In FA, iirc, you can hold shift to make straight lines and you don't have to make a new layer for it.
Also, they have pre-programmed grids that locks your lines in place.
I downloaded it yesterday, but only to place text on a picture but I used to main on it until I switched back to SAI for muh textures (which I don't even use). FA also has better effects like the gaussian blur and the pixelater. gdi

That's strange, it's usually for writing the story. There where a few days non stop tango and Argentinian music was playing in our house, weird. Well at least I know other people do it now.
That's a creative motivator you've got there

it depends entirely on the kind of music. it can be distracting or really pumpupping

>tango and Argentinian music
fucking why

that just sounds like a more gimped version of SAI, which was already a more gimped veresion of PS.

I don't use PS because I like my layers and I don't want to mod it.
Plus, SAI and FA doesn't take 10 seconds to load like Gimp or PS.

Use Clip Studio if you can.

It's betterer.

That's odd, I wouldn't imagine it'd bother your drawing. What do you listen too?
Well it's always something different depending on where the story's at. One time it was Arabic, another time Gypsie, other times 80's. Other than that, it'll be her normal alternative music like Nervana and Marcy Playground.

nothing gets me as pumped as the theme song to bobobo-bo bo-bobo Wild Challenger
anything from Initial D works too

Oh that's cool, nice taste in music

CUT MY COMIC INTO PIECES
NO ONE EVEN READS MY SHIT
BAD DRAWING
BAD WRITING
WHY DO I SUCK SO MUCH DICK

We were watching the new season of Kimmy Schmidt for about 3 hours, while I drew a bunch from the upcoming segment of Lido to keep this moderately related.

i've heard good-ass shit about that

It's definitely fun. If you enjoyed 30 Rock it's basically just that but with an adorable main character and way more absurd circumstances.

This new season is a little meme-heavy for my tastes, but I've been getting a lot of good laughs in.

I have portable Sai and it loads faster than both Gimp and PS... I keep it on my flash drive so I can use it whereever.

FIRE ALPACA is a shitty meme program only weeaboos use because of their shitty meme mascot

What is the sound effect for a person accidentally sitting on the back of another person's head. The butt hitting the back of the head.

SKREEONK!

Blop.

"Bump" or "fwump", probably. Not much of an onomatopoeia to go with that, it's a quiet action.

This is the worst advice I've ever seen? Have you ever sat?

'how's your webcomic' but the s stands for sisters

your ass doesn't make a godzilla roar every time you sit? wow. i don't know what to say.

this and "there's g g girls here?" is making me too embarrassed to post in these threads presently

Turns out my boyfriend made that post without me knowing. I got joked on by my own partner.

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

what is this london meme so I can complain about it also?

um, hello, test test

is this the real thread? what happened to the last one? did the site go down again while i was gone? i just started working on my page again

this is going to take forever to color AND paint out the backgrounds

i color everything with the pen tool because it looks a million times better than using the paint bucket tool

Princess Rosebuster lives in your heart

practice, child.

start to choose what you like feature wise on different books by different artists
combine said styles into an amalgam of traits that embody what you love to see.

new character is created.
do this over and over and over and over and over

never settle.
keep going.
keep trying.

Update! What do you guys think?

bump, live wip updates of this page: jesse-the-art-maker.deviantart.com/art/FATES-chapter-4-page-39-wip-25-607530873

looks great man

looks awesome

The logo on the back of that biker's jacket in panel 1 looks strangely conspicuous, I can't quite explain it. Like someone else drew it on after the art was done.

It doesn't really feel like her arm would be able to reach the biker's face in the third panel. It's not like a page-ruining problem or anything though.

Well, this is embarrassing. I didn't notice the error until the page went live.

Oh well, it's been fixed!

Also, it's officially Free Comic Book Day, so I'll post it here again: Collective of Heroes did a gimmick for today and Miss Melee is a featured comic within! Check it out! drivethrucomics.com/product/182447/Fcbd-2016

Do you guys do fun comics that doesn't make sense but you keep on creating them.

No, I'm not autistic like you.

updating with another panel

I sure hope that the wobbly panel sizes isn't going to be an issue when its done

Aren't we all autistic?

Well, no.

Actually, maybe. Which of the 200,000 and growing definitions of autistic are we referring to this time?

Yeah, well you see here's the thing.

My sister has been drawing Jello and pup since she was like 5 years old, and the parents loved it. I guess I got sort of jealous of her so I started my own little fan comic called Yogurt and Pappy. Eventually we both stopped doing those and went our seperate ways, with our comics. I moved on to west tree, and she moved on to fanart.

She's currently loving doing fanart of archer, hopefully she's finally getting over her Hamilton phase.

It really is unreal how much better your sister is at art than you.

meh. I'm ok with it. I'll get there someday.

Sup Forums definition: Weird, Lack of self awareness, A dumb nerd, Roleplayer, Terrible fanfiction writer/artist.

The word's acquired complete uselessness.

wow im almost done, i keep taking coffee and youtube breaks but little by little i get more and more done to it here and there, it just needs some backgrounds which i will paint from scratch and some quick shading, and word balloons and then its done!

Punch time.

vigormortis.co.uk/

>jello and pup

wow your sister is talented as fuck, guess it doesn't run in the family does it dewd?

Because the "oh, right" bubble is on the left, I ended up reading it before the "help!" bubble, which is the opposite order from what you intended, right?

Why did that line make me laugh?

wow, the tiniest bits of progress make it look like a completely different page every time!

hey sister user, tell us about your sister

Mines now IN TECHNICAL-COLOR!!

So cute! I really like your anime-style, don't let anyone tell you it's not great

It's easier to make brushes in Firefox and make them do cool stuff, like in photoshop, except not.

Comic Tournament.

Round 4 is a work in progress. And some of these pages are complex as hell.

fpc.smackjeeves.com/

That's great, user!

Do you happen to have a background in animation? You've captured the movement and the weight of it really well

Me and my sister did a comic in high school called 'real motherfuckin' vampires'. Van Helsing hires a bunch of Crips to help him fight the vampires who have taken over the Bloods. The art was bad but we liked to laugh about it. Then she got teen pregnant and started talking down to me because I never grew up or whatever.

Cute design. Now give her radically different supporting characters.

>tfw you change word bubble shapes in your comic and nobody notices

Should I just post my comic in Tumblr? Does that sound like a good idea? Or should I make my own website? But I don't want to make a website specifically for a comic.

>But I don't want to make a website specifically for a comic.
Why not? A lot of webcomic creators have sites specifically just for their comic.

Tumblr is one option, but you should research appropriate themes. There are also comic hosting sites like Tapastic, Comicfury, SmackJeeves, etc. If you go with your own site, then WordPress with ComicEasel or another webcomic suitable theme is a good option.
I have my own site running WordPress w/ ComicEasel.

There's also other webcomic-oriented gimmicks like Grawlix.

Ah, feels so good to draw with a more cartoony style every once in a while. So easy and effortless to throw a couple of curvy lines together and create something cutesy. Sometimes I wonder if I've made a mistake when deciding to make my ''official'' style anatomically more realistic and accurate.

Btw, I don't know why I do these warm-ups before starting to write.

already explained in the last thread

errybaady gets sump'n

they're evenly wobbly, i like that
>jealous fancomic/knockoff of own sibling
ouch. glad you've moved past that. that said, best name ever.
warmups are fun!

Yeah, they are. But I just don't know why I draw to warm up for writing. Usually when I start drawing something I never do warm-ups for that.

I warm up for writing my comic by shitposting on Sup Forums.

i actually finished this page like 40 minutes ago.... but wasn't sure if i should change the dialog or not

but i feel like its artistically necessary and appropriate, so.... yeah...

the page is done... i might add some hair shine to it, but thats about it so its basically done.... more pages of FATES here: fates.thecomicseries.com/

perfect music for this page: youtube.com/watch?v=i1vVR4VaVIk

ah. well knock it off. it's embarrassing that you all are this excited about "grills" and underage little sisters because you hope we'll be your qt 3.14 webcomics gf.

I warn up for drawing everyday by posting a quick sketch on a site called Draw Every Day.
They give you prompts to draw of and shit.
I only missed one day of it and it was my birthday.

It's a dumb Sup Forums joke. Chill out.

sometimes you just have to live life to the fullest with no regrets

i regret none of this dialog Sup Forums
Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=yQOkmHqBTGI

besides that, it's not our fault we're desperate

1/3 of that last thread was SHOW US PICS OF YOUR SISTER XD and "Yeah, there are girls in these threads c-cute ones too!" Notice how the women in these threads, despite being nearly half the posters, never post about wanting a QT comics BF or speculate about how cute you may or may not be irl. I want to just draw and not have my fucking romantic potential touched on every time my gender is made apparent. Godspeed to the Mimi author in this regard.