Looks like cyberpunkkino is back on the menu lads

Looks like cyberpunkkino is back on the menu lads.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OfJRm0WssOE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yo this shit looks poppin my nigga

I will literally eat up anything with Goose in it

>waiting 32 years for a film release

I'll pass.

Wasn't joseph gordon levitt the star one time for there?

Visually it looks cool, but it's probably going to be mediocre at best. It looks like they already spoiled 'le big tweest xD' in the trailer. I feel like I've already seen the movie.

Looks like plastic assembly line bullshit to me. And now Deckard isn't a replicant anymore? Fuck this movie.

Looks like they ripped off Stranger Things.

I'll rip off your panties and fuck your boipucci 'til it bleeds.

For a moment I read the thumbnail as "Blade Fuhrer".

>Giant Atari logo on buildings
>Coca Cola ads visible in background

It's little things like this that make me so excited for this movie. The continuation of the "future" ads from corporations in the first one shows that they are very committed to world building in this movie. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a giant Pan-Am ad too. We are finally getting another gritty yet striking sci-fi movie and I couldn't be happier.

They could have made everything shiny and pretty and updated but they did not and I love it for that already. Fuck, even Deckard's cruiser looks the exact same before it blows up.

He never was. Completely dstroys a main theme of the story if he was.

youtube.com/watch?v=OfJRm0WssOE

It just looks like someone that normally makes capeshit is directing a Blade Runner fanfic script. Villenovella is super overrated.

meh i didnt like the first one and this doesnt seem much better

we need moar cyberpunk tho. and scifi. so i'll take what i can get.

Lol that's the first thing I thought of too when I was writing it. But it's just little things that make the world a living place.

They blow up Deckard's cruiser instantly and the rest of the trailer looks like it's trying to be it's own thing. There's nothing wrong with returning imagery and characters from previous installments of work as long as they make sense.

>the Goose is a Replicant
>spoiled in the trailer

Why exactly should I go see this movie now?

He pushes the concept of love on a female replicant since he doesn't think she could naturally understand it without force, then it turns out he's a replicant himself. It's better if he's a human being how exactly?

>we need more cyberpunk
>I haven't seen Blade Runner
what's wrong with you?

I mean, is Blade Runner actually even cyberpunk, or was it a noir movie with a cyberpunk aesthetic?

i said i have seen the first one ("i didnt like the first one")

>Ryan Gosling

Great the new blade runner is going to be someone with down syndrome.

>meh
>moar
>i didnt like the first one
>we need moar cyberpunk tho. and scifi. so i'll take what i can get.
when did we start allowing such obvious underage faggots to post

>cyber punk
>kino
Do you plays videogames and post on reddit too?

It was a noir movie with a sci-fi aesthetic. I doubt Phillip K. Dick or Ridley Scott had any cyberpunk preferences.

This is Sup Forums, m80. You want to talk to adults. Go to the adultstore.

K crashes through a fucking wall in the trailer to save Deckard. That's probably the only part I didn't really care for as it's either very obvious he's a replicant or there is some out there explanation for it.

Also, the lounge singer looks a lot like Elvis Presley.

Why in THE FUCK do they keep putting Harrison Ford in these movies? Indiana Jones, Star Wars, now this? Just fucking go away for the love of God, I'm tired of seeing that doddering old Jew being trotted out for these soft-reboots. I'm half expecting them to remake Air Force One and have come out of the cockpit while the main character's back is turned and say "It's true, all of it, I kicked a man off this very plane".

whats goin on in here?

>Why in THE FUCK do they keep putting Harrison Ford in these movies?

Gee, I wonder why.

Fake nerds are butthurt that they weren't around when he was relevant, so now they want him in everything to feel like they truly belong in the nerd crowd. Or something. Basically, Hollywood panders to the reddit crowd(ie. GotG).

Entire thing looks way too sterile.

The first was gritty. It looked like a shitty place to live. The masses walking around in a polluted jungle of concrete and steel. Feels like they lost the atmosphere of the original.

Will films ever go back to filming on actual film instead of digital. I guarantee this trailer would look so much better if wasn't digital. The CG is so obvious.

nice pupper

Nope. Costs too much and it's just easier to be a lazy faggot.

Memba when I could report this and Snacks would ban&? I memba,

Trailer looks like they haven't fucked this up yet.

what was it again, for this film. 200 Million dollar budget? These film studios have massive budgets and they funnel it all into video game tier CG. They could save money on actual models if they weren't so damn lazy and had no passion for their own work.
God, I wish Hollywood would sink in a massive earthquake.

All the grittiness looks to be gone and replaced with generic Out Run/Vaporwave themes. I can't wait to pretend this doesn't exist.

What type of stupid sculpture is this?

About the new trailer, the only moments I liked is when the old soundtrack plays.

I don't know, I have to watch it but it's difficult this movie would be loved because it has to compete with one of the most mythical and nostalgic movies from the 80s. A cult movie that has become a classic with the years.

Also, Batista > The Rock. That guy is getting good roles.

>all those action shots
It's like they completely missed the point

Refn should have directed it

Maybe you missed the point...of a trailer.

HINT: GET HYPE

Hot

I thought the same. I hope they didn't missed the point that Blade Runner is about the feels, the ambient, the melancolia...

That's the reason why the first movie was a failure at the cinema. Because people thought it was a boring movie.

I also thought that the first time I saw it but it's a movie that gets better with the time. And when you understand what it's about the movie and what it want to show then is a great movie.

I think he was a replicant because it's heavily implied in the film but that doesn't matter. The idea of him not being human enriched the main thematic arc of the film because it was about understanding the human condition and appreciating life. Deckard in the beginning doesn't obviously, then as the story progresses he sees that rachel even though she's synthetic is actually the same as him. But then he has the dream of the unicorn and is left the origami unicorn at the end. This strongly hints that he may or may not be human, but he doesn't care because he just decided that life is precious and if he can feel and be with the one he loves it doesn't matter anymore.

Now that he is an old man in the new film it cheapens the thematic arc of the entire first movie and is basically a cash grab for brownie points with the original fans. It basically makes the first film pointless because he doesn't have the self reflection as the film ends.

This film will ruin the legacy of the first one,it already has.

We can always forget about it if this movie sucks and pretend that only Blade Runner exists.

why couldn't they just make a new story in the same universe? they did a ton of world building in the first blade runner only to just continue a story that didn't need to be continued. why not go off planet and show the tannhauser gate or something that fans actually care about?

>show c beams glittering in the dark near the tannhauser gate
>it isn't that breathtaking
Fucking Roy, what a fag

It doesn't matter if he was a replicant or not, only that he COULD have been. That ambiguity is the whole point of the question the film asks about what it means to be alive.

Answering it ruins everything and reduces it to just a bunch of stylish pictures...which coincidentally is exactly all that the sequel appears to be.

>the tannhauser gate
What is that? A nebula?

Also, I like your idea of making new characters and not bringing back Deckard. A new story about the same themes could have been a good idea.

But hey Ford is still famous and he wants money.

This movie, wrching an old Deckard could have the same effect than watching an old Terminator with white hair in Genysis...

we might see it in this new movie, and if it sucks i'll be so hurt

its never explained, but most people think that its some kind of massive stargate/wormhole installation that can take ships wherever they want to go. i just can't believe that they have this rich universe and this is the story that they decide to tell. have a similar detective character investigate murders on a hostile planet. have a strong womyn replicant sexbot become a spartacus-like figure. just fucking do anything other than what they're doing right now, jesus

Thats what I said, the implication is what makes the film a classic.

if we're lucky it will get nothing more than an obscure mention in some documents shown on screen or something.

They weren't trying to get the point. They're trying to make a nice trailer and good marketing around it to get dumbasses in the seats the weekend it comes out so they can make money. This movie will be as forgotten as the latest capeshit movie.

Is this the pinnacle of vaporshit?

yeah because in the present time we constantly get the same ads as 30 years ago

Is internet shilling a worthwhile endeavor?

It's the Coca Cola and Atari logos. Both havent changed in real life either. How does it feel being retarded?

Probably similar to the Drive trailer.

Its going to flop anyway ala ghost in the carnitas.

lol

is a electric pupper?

this is not blade runner...

Amazing trailer, I'm hype

I'm a style over substance man and it looks nice.

>the original
>shot on film
>Anamorphic 35mm full frame look

>the sequel
>Flat digital ALEXA spherical look (cropped)
>not even Alexa65 or digital anamorphic

Damn it, Deakins

>dat color contrast
Deakins is going to get the shit out of that oscar

shitty imitation is never gonna meet, let alone surpass the original in terms of A E S T H E T I C S. Just forget it.

the whole thing is just too /r/bladerunnerfans

>Will films ever go back to filming on actual film instead of digital

Film is dead. Recently they've closed the last couple film labs in my town for good. Both for stills or motion.

>tfw I'd have to process my last few rolls of Fuji and Kodak on my own or ship it to hell knows where.

You honestly think they would reveal that if it actually mattered?

Guaranteed its established very early and we see some GitS a.i philosophy stuff

Not until the industry crashes or Tarantino forces it upon everyone

Let it go, no one cares, except for PTA and Nolan. I'd say Cuckoldino too, but he is retiring soon, anyway.

>generic Out Run/Vaporwave themes
If only. This is just amateur soundcloud-tier bad.

Score by Vangelis was magical, but I'd happily settle with chillsynthwave/vapor OST, just not this garbage

>literally a video game
mark my words, this will be Denis' first shit movie.

no shit

I feel like this is going to go the same route as Ghost in the Shell

>MUMS GUNNA FREEEEEK

No thanks

And the Oscar goes to...

Lubezki again! (Roger Deakins on suicide watch)

it almost like remaking Tarkovsky, BUT THIS TIME WITH XPLOSIONS!!!!!

>malick flick
Haha he'll be lucky if he gets a nom

>old Deckard
THE REPLICUNTS
THE MEIN-KAMPF TEST

IT'S TRUE. ALL OF IT.

it's Hoyte van Hoytema's year.

Deakins gonna take another L.

>What type of stupid sculpture is this?
one that has no place in a cyberpunk movie.

>shitty imitation
It's funny they showed Elvis impersonator on stage in one of the shots

>they are still bringing nods to the novel like his pet """real""" animal

PKD is considered proto-cyberpunk and is probably the biggest influence on the genre

- DO YOU LIKE OUR WHITE MALE?
- IS IT ARTIFICIAL?
- OF COURSE IT IS.
- MUST BE EXPENSIVE?
- VERY.

Goose has a pretty good track record for some reason.

I guess he saved enough dosh to get one.
Hope it won't die like the second sheep in the novel. Fucking replicant scum

should have been filmed in IMAX, only practical sets, no CGI, no green screen.

Is this the han solo spin off movie? Like before TFA? Who's good looking Gosling?

Calling it now goose os a replicant based on deckards dna

Jokes and memes are funny until you actually start to show how much of a tasteless fedora you are that you are interested in a reboot/remake/sequel of a classic movie.

BladeFedora2049 will be nothing but cancer, on this board and off, just drawing drooling plebs here like the final seasons of Breaking Bad. This is bad news.

The art of optical printer effects is long lost, mang. I agree with the rest about IMAX and the sets.

Oh jared leto is in this too. He was really good as the joker. So badass and evil!
Since its not SW related should i watch bladerunner first? Or is this a remake?

They should have had Fincher direct it and tell a whole new Story. No old Deckard, no endless references to the first movie, just something new.

Not memeing or anything but can i get a quick rundown on Deakins I am hearing in this thread
Is he a cinematographer or something?

its truly a shame. but there must be some old geezers that can still do their tricks.

i mean how difficult would it be to try and do a multimillion budgret cyberpunk blockbuster with ZERO cgi? not even for the blood, not even for making up little shit on post. just a raw cyberpunk movie.

from what i gather from the BR trailer, hes just a reddit cinematographer.

you'd have to be a fuckin' retard to check out anything related to ridley "full george lucas" scott at this point

needless to say I won't be having anything to do with this shit rehash of a good movie