Why didn't they just launch the ring into Low Middle-Earth Orbit?

Why didn't they just launch the ring into Low Middle-Earth Orbit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K3I8I_i8Syw&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7&index=20
youtube.com/watch?v=_i3Ax4YJySg&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7&index=21
youtube.com/watch?v=Zjm1DRMEyUQ&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7&index=22
youtube.com/watch?v=T5y99rpk8to&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7&t=10s&index=23
youtube.com/watch?v=WskRAEggqkQ&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7&index=24
youtube.com/watch?v=Rag_9J1ZC2g&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7&t=3s&index=25
themarysue.com/the-silmarillion-recaps-part-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Tiger Woods wasn't in middle earth

What does launching things into orbit have to do with fucking trashy waitresses?

Because Middle Earth is actually hell.

I never understood "power" in the lotr universe

Everyone says oh this guy or that guy is the most powerful but he can't actually fight... Well then what the fuck do they do? What makes them powerful?

It would eventually fall back down, like the Star Trek guys ashes.

immortality, astral projection, prophecy. just off the top of my head

so what is on the sides of middle earth?

youtube.com/watch?v=K3I8I_i8Syw&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7&index=20
youtube.com/watch?v=_i3Ax4YJySg&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7&index=21
youtube.com/watch?v=Zjm1DRMEyUQ&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7&index=22
youtube.com/watch?v=T5y99rpk8to&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7&t=10s&index=23
youtube.com/watch?v=WskRAEggqkQ&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7&index=24
youtube.com/watch?v=Rag_9J1ZC2g&list=PLbaz-kYV0Vi7xX2biA3D-PzcS019gU6S7&t=3s&index=25

don't mind me, just posting a few scenes.

we dont even know what the laws of physics in illuvatars universe would allow. remember at one point the globe was actually flat so we cant assume anything

Does space exist in LOTR lore? Is Arda alone, or one of many planets?

>prophesy
how does making a prediction make you powerful

Arda is literally ancient Earth, so yeah, space exists.

>remember at one point the globe was actually flat
it still is, user

>this guy or that guy is the most powerful but he can't actually fight
who are you talking about exactly?

Sauron
Gandalf
Feanor
The ghosts
Etc

>how does making a prediction make you powerful
it doesnt dipshit, but that isnt what prophecy is. equating being able to tell the future with making a prediction is like calling flight a really high jump.

why didn't they just feed the ring to a horse?

it was in the last lotr thread

someone was talking about how morgoth always got btfo but was still really powerful.

Why didn't they glue the ring to a small animal and let the animal run around middle earth while invisible? They would have never found it.

Then why the fuck did u add in prophecy to what makes him powerful you faggot

Why not just bury the ring?

It doesn't work that way. The ring enhances your innate abilities.

A rabbit ringbearer would just be extra tasty.

because being able to tell the future is powerful. are you retarded?

because the ring has a will. it will never stay hidden. plus the ring wraiths can detect the ring, even more when its being worn

Gandalf solos a Balrog though

Actually the ring just corrupts and transforms creatures who aren't capable of mastering it ( (ie all mortals) into wraiths as they wear it, hence why Isildur becomes invisible when he wears it while Sauron doesn't. Presumably Gandalf and Galadriel wouldn't either.

Why didn't they just put the ring on the eagle's talon and let it fly over the volcano?

>The ring enhances your innate abilities.

So Isildur was just a very large hobbit who just wanted to be left alone too since the ring turned him invisible as well?

Isildur was a vegan so it's different.

Sauron and Gandalf are both Maiar. Feanor is just a dick. I can't even summarize it just read this
themarysue.com/the-silmarillion-recaps-part-1/

Because middle earth is flat and space doesn't exist.

>Arda is literally ancient Earth
>Erd is German for Earth

Bravo Tolkien

If enough people believe you, then the power is in the masses that follow you.

kek

Why didnt they just put the ring into the eagles' bird seed? they could poop it out while they fly around the continents and with any luck you got yourself whole forests of ring trees. Then everyone could have one

does the bird clone whatever it consumes? is it a clone bird?

what if one clone bird ate another one?

What if they just drop the ring in a different volcano, I mean who da fuck is going to find it down there

Why didn't they just smuggle some lava out of Mordor, essentially take the mountain to the ring?

Remember that Middle-Earth was flat at one point until the end of the second age or sometime.

what would they carry it in? there's wasnt exactly a surplus of 3rd graders going around to just build a mini volcano on demand for some kind of twisted ye olde dark age fantasy elf science project.

Why didn't they just let Galadriel have it? What are they, gay or something?

So if the chasm in Moria was so deep it went down further than the dwarves had ever dug, why the fuck didn't they just throw the ring down there?

why not just drop the ring in the middle of the ocean? There's no way they could ever recover it from the bottom of the sea

why did ganondalf just make a magic portal to mt mcdoom?

>the sea
>not the most corruptible corruptibility of all corruption
I dont think so tim HEE HAW HEE HAW

Because he did not possess the pearls

Why didn't Frodo just give the ring to Gandalf? He's good and he is powerful lol.

Why did Ancalgon, as the largest dragon, not simply eat the other dragons?

What happened to Beginning and End Earth?

why didn't fromage just use the invisibility cloak to get to mount death.

You think you are wise, Shekelberg, yet for all your subtleties you have not wisdom. Do you think the shareholders of the White Tower™ are blind? I have seen more than you know. With your left hand you would use me as a write-off against Mordor©. And, with your right, you seek to do a hostile takeover! I know who files with Théoden of Rohan, LLC. Oh, yes. Words have reached my ears of this Aragorn, inheritee of Arathorn, and I tell you now: I will not bow to this investor from Wall Street, last of a ragged corporation long bereft of assets!

Authority is not given to you to deny the return of the majority shareholder, CFO!

The stocks of Gondor Inc. are mine! And no others'!

What? What's so corrupt about the ocean? Explain how Sauron could recover it

how did grandad survive when he was fighting hellboy?

Because the ring raids could see him when he used the cloak

He was already dead.

So how did everybody intend to use the ring as a weapon? It does nothing but turn people invisible.

If Gandalf was so powerful why was a little light or a shield the best spell he ever used?

Why was Frodo such a retard abandoning the fellowship and trusting Gollum when he could have stayed and destroyed the ring by the start of the second movie when they get there?

>ring raids

He didn't survive, he fucking died but then god brought him back to finish his mission or some shit

Same thing happened to Frodo when he was in shelob's lair

Actually it's kind of fucking retarded since if god is so set on having the ring destroyed that he cheats death twice, why didn't he just fucking do it himself?

but why aragog just kill the ring rats.

cuz reee rooos are already dead

why did god-elf give a gold ring to froddlo instead of selling it? gold is worth a lot of money.

then why didnt he unkill them.

Arabic used a flaming torch to kill them remember

It was when they were on whethertop

why did bilbo have the ring anyway, i thought frodd had it.

ITS THE OCEAN DUDE
EACH WAVE IS A LITERAL WALL OF CORRUPTION CRUSHING DOWN UPON THE CORRUPT SHORES OF CORRUPT SAND AND CORRUPTOROCKS, ONLY TO RECEDE BACK INTO THE GIANT PUDDLE THAT IS THE OCEAN OF CORRUPTION HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE THIS?????????

Because his assets were all in bonds at the moment

Was Ancalagon a big enough guy to just crush the Ring?

but why didnt ancalgon just step on the wetherspoons.

I don't see it. It's just water. And you still haven't explained how Sauron could recover it.

Bonobo gave the ring to Dumbledore, who gave it to Sigmund Freud.

why didn't gandle just fucking tell grimly that his friends in the mines were all dead.

sauron would clearly will the corrupt creatures to do his malevolently corrupt bidding, and the corrupt squids would bring the ring to the corrupt pirates who would sail their corrupt ships straight back into mordor, corrupting everything along the way

That doesn't make any sense. How would a creature of that size even be able to find enough sustenance to survive? He's literally the size of a small country.

why didn't they just mass produce the ring using hobbit wage slaves in order to devalue the ring eventually causing a hobbit proletariat workers revolution where the pillars of middle earth capitalism are toppled leading to a chain reaction of an orc workers revolution that overthrows Sauron leading all the workers of the middle world to unite and liquidate their capitalist rulers in mount doom along with all the rings they were forced to create as well as throwing the original ring into the volcano

truly the biggest plot hole

why didnt castel gandolfo suspect that the guy called sauronman was working with sauron.

BECAUSE GANDRIEL DIDN'T WANT TO MAKE GIMPY SAD OKAY

why didnt they create a load of identical rings and put them all together in a jar?

>, why didn't he just fucking do it himself?
have you ever seen dbz

why didn't gabriel just hide the ring in her pusy?

Because Saren would be able to guess how many rings were in the jar and then they would have to give him the prize

No because I'm not a nerd

>giving the ring to the horrors that gnaw at the earth
Almost as stupid as the morons who want to throw it in the ocean and give it to Ulmo.

no

if ghibli hated legoland and wanted to get more kills than him why not just kill him at helmet's deep???

dont FUCKING mock me

A single dwarf could not kill an elf. And I hope you people are getting the names wrong on purpose, because if not then this is just sad...

What the fuck are some worms going to do with the ring? They don't even have fingers.

So they could vote for the king of the pirates.

Did you just get off the bus from Reddit my friend

Totoro killed many elves.

a worm is literally 1 giant finger you neanderthal

what film are you talking about? i thought this was the richie rich general.

He doesn't need to. They discuss sending it to the West and dropping it in the sea, but Sauron is ultimately too strong anyway even without the ring. The only way to actually beat him was to destroy it.

i used to but now im pretty much all Sup Forums

It's more like a giant ding dong but are you telling me the ring is going to grow to like 300 feet radius so some worm can use it as a belt?

Was Gloria's mother an AOL subscriber?

That's fucking stupid. Why didn't they just give the ring to Boromir or Aragorn to use the ring against sauron?

why did smowg attack the people at bimpo's party? i thought he was dead.