Hello Sup Forums ! Do you know the amazing and very good webcomic: Dresden codak?

Hello Sup Forums ! Do you know the amazing and very good webcomic: Dresden codak?

It has lesbians characters!

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/dresdencodak/status/489551497076543490
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The author/artist is a complete asshole.

Not at all! He's very smart and his art is very good

The word "shill" is horrifically overused on Sup Forums. It typically indicates that a person is so incapable of understanding different opinions that they refuse to believe such things exist at all.

That said, this? This is shilling.

He's a drama baby who complains about things as he constantly alters his comic to coincide with whatever cool thing he likes best. Case in point the main character no longer looks like that but is now built as fuck, which happened between comics because IDK Korra was cool that season.

Also likes to whine about comic designs.

>That said, this? This is shilling.
This is ver clearly sarcastic shitposting, you stupid.

Who has a snapshot of Morbi getting blocked for tweeting Aaron the he's never designed a female Link for Nintendo before?

okay, NOW you are shilling

I don't know anything about the artist, but the art looks bretty good to me.

No user. I'm just chilling

You are one ill motherfucker

>Apologies for the unusual lateness of this page, I’ve been sorting out some health issues that have now, thankfully, been resolved.
That's just his way of saying "I got laughed for a while for calling Eisner an untalented white guy. We good now?"

>shinji

well played

It's not bad per say as a pin-up, but Diaz has absolutely no sense of paneling or composition. As a comic artist he's piss poor in addition to being a terrible human being. He has no idea how to effectively convey an illustrated story, and any criticism of that has him ignoring it because he's being "experimental" or the basic principles of visual storytelling don't apply to him. Frank Miller hasn't drawn visually appealing characters in decades but even dying of terminal cancer he makes Diaz look like a retarded child when it comes to basic layouts.

that's not even the best part

he apologized but ONLY for calling him white (apparently jews don't count as white anymore), not for talking shit about him

The comic's quality isn't the issue. It could be amazing, but this thread is just repeating that it's good without elaboration or reason. I've seen banner ads with more substance.

I don't know why but that girl looks like she was drawn by Spazkid and is one step away from having Shadman sperg his style all over it.

>That said, this? This is shilling.

uh retard OP is either very obviously being sarcastic as hell or b8ing in the same manner to stir up a thread bitching about DC

is this total tone deafness I see here outright autism?

anyway I agree OP Diaz sucks ass

Someone post the Mary Cagle stuff already.

Is this the artist who wrote a thing about how drawing naked cyborg chicks was actually him trying to empower women?

I liked this one.

How many lesbians are we talking about? And are they fun lesbians, angst lesbians, or self-righteous lesbians?

>I’ve been sorting out some health issues

I hope it's AIDs.

Go away, Diaz. Nobody likes your hack comic.

>White Sox

You're alright, Shinji

Someone on Twitter made a good point about Diaz.

It's that he "consumes media criticism more than he consumes media".

And then he said he feels bad when it happens to him, making it about him again.

y'all better not talk shit about aaron cuz he might karate chop u

He's white.

He's incredibly white.

He's got "mostly Cuban" in his Twitter bio.

That's a nationality, stupid. Not a race.

>It has lesbians characters
Name a comic nowadays without a token lgbt character! Also, does it have uncensored nudity?

>aaron diaz has likely invested time and effort in looking up his ancestors for just a shred of non-white heritage he can cling to

imagine hating being white that much

It seems to be a recent phenomena.

like, what does it even mean to be white at that point? having any non-white ancestry whatsoever magically makes you not white?

fucking family guy of all things did an episode mocking that kind of behavior

Mexican here, I'm not saying being white is difficult but it sure looks frustrating as all hell. I mean, having to explain yourself? Fuck that.

He's still an idiot though, as is anyone who clings to their ethnicity that much. We're supposed to be more than the sum of our parts, right?

if only he wasn't so fucking lazy...

if only he wasn't such an opinionated douche-nozzle...

if only he wasn't such a pretentious tantrum throwing fairy...

...he could've been one of the greats. Instead he's a fucking waste of talent. And that's worse than being shit.

does anyone have any pictures/proof of diaz being a SJW fuck boi?
a lot of people are talking about how he's an anti-white SJW but no one seems to be posting any proof (i.e. twitter shit).

Remember when he dumped on Eisner?

>unusual lateness
Says the faggot who couldn't update his comic regularly to save his life.

>lesbians in Dresden Codak

No surprise there. Hell, it's about time he put his money where his mouth is and became more progressive. I'd bet my left arm that they're still sex objects, though. Because that's Diaz's M.O. He's free to be as much of a chauvinistic ass as he wants to be, because he's on the right side.

>It has lesbians characters!
>Webcomic

OP is a faggot, also underaged.

His Kickstarter never resulted in a product.

Good thing that KS doesn't give a shit and that none of his backers got the balls to just beat the shit outta him during one of his classes.

Maybe I'm the exception, but I find it pretty easy about who created the webcomic when reading.

It's honestly amazing that this guy still has pull as an artist. He's a mediocre, annoying, little twerp who thinks he knows everything.

Pretty funny how he bitched about Eisner only getting anywhere because of his skin colour, while Diaz himself continues to bank on nothing but his political ideology.

that shit raised over 500 000$ when he asked for 30 000$ and he hasn't sent out shit?
you're kidding.
right?

LESBIANS!

WHY, THAT IS THE PREREQUISITE FOR ALL QUALITY IN A Sup Forums RELATED PRODUCT THESE DAYS!

COUNT ME IN!

But the comic is also shit.
There's some good art, but it's made pointless by the stupid pretentious "story", awful paneling and the fact that he just has to keep changing his waifu MC whenever he finds a new fetish

I am 100% serious.

>on nothing but his political ideology.
Transhumanism is basically New Age crap for computer nerds, user.

I can see the joke here, but I am curious. Does this series have any actual romance in it? I like romance in more serious webcomics if so I might give it a try..

Does this count?
Of course it does.

Absolutely zero romance in any form. There was a blush at the last page of the Hobs arc but then the boy turned out to be a normie so Kimiko duct out.

I liked it back in the day. The one-offs can be pretty clever.

You're missing the point of the KS.

Transhumanism isn't a political ideology, user. There are no transhumanist parties, there's no transhumanist church, no transhumanist charities. It's just a grab bag term for the idea that technology should be used to uplift our species beyond what is presently considered "human". It's the polar opposite of the typical Cyberpunk trope of technology having a dehumanizing influence.

No, his political ideology is finger-pointing, race-baiting, blame-laying, blackwashing, regressive leftism. And he's vocal about it. He sells his comic as a "feminist comic", while it's literally about his own, personal fapbait getting into increasingly sexualized, fetishy situations. Hence, of course, the moniker "regressive".

This cannot possibly be real. No one is that far up their own ass.

Ah too bad. Thanks for the info dude.

Oh, but it is.

Didn't she recently go from being Japanese to being Korean cause it turns out her dad was mistaken for some Japanese guy and given his identity?

As if any of this matters because she wasn't raised Japanese.

holy fucking shit

I can't seem to find it, but twitter is a bit of a bitch to search.

I'm surprised you are surprised.

Just google search with his name and an excerpt from the picture.
twitter.com/dresdencodak/status/489551497076543490

I miss when Aaron was super obsessed about debunking superheroes, his redesigns were good for a laugh, he hasn't done one of those in ages.

checked

Hello. I would like to discuss the trans-humanism and the cybernetic ladies.

>Gets upset that a positive review of his comic didn't suck his dick as much as he wanted it to

Is this guy for real?

is like right above you pal.

>his redesigns were good for a laugh, he hasn't done one of those in ages.
Oh, I remember those. His rants were cute.

>checked

>mfw he didn't actually die

William Eisner is in fact an exceptional and influential figure in comic books, but he does not have my sweet abs.

>I don't CARE if you like my comic if you don't appreciate how smart I am!

Nah, he's only doing that as part of his online persona. The shit he's pushing in his comics is transhumanism and the sort of combatative Atheism that makes people release a lot of youtube videos.

He's no different from original Wonder Woman and Tarot: Witch of the Black Rose in that he's got that ideology in his work, but people are clearly buying the product for the titties and the wierd fetish stuff.

honestly the lat time i heard about dresden codak was about 3-4 years ago when the kickstarter was going on. i (almost) ended up donating because the art looked very nice but i didn't in the end.

honestly this is my first time hearing about the comic/artist since then and im surprised about how far the author managed to shove his head up his ass.

Yeah in theory that's what transhumanism is

In practice transhumanists tend to trend towards a certain type of politics

And they tend to be the type of "I fucking love science" nerds who think this shit is way closer than it actually is. (Oh gosh we have like, really big neural networks now! That's basically like a brain, right? Consciousness problem solved we'll be uploading in 10 years lol)

I will say though there ARE actual, knowledgeable, realistic transhumanists out there, they're just very rare

Being an Online Personality's easy when you have absolute control of your forum and can weed out whichever remarks don't mesh with your mission statement.

Having a Personal Army helps too.

Remember, this guy lost his shit when the Webcomic Overlook posted a positive review. Wasn't positive enough, according to him.

sarcastic and ironic shitposting are still shitposting

>meanwhile, actual industry professionals know Diaz as a "literally who?"

Well now they know him as that asshole who was shitting on Eisner for no reason.

I'm consistently amazed at how this hack can't into panneling after all the time he's sunk into his comic.
It's not even that his art's bad, because it clearly isn't, but the presentation just makes me want to gag.

>when Hussie was still cool

I remember the Singularity being a huge theme in his stuff, as well. But both it and transhumanism seem to have lost strength in his work. It started out as science jokes, morphed into transhumanist propaganda, and then became full-on waifu bait material with a pop science veineer.

I'd say it's more amputee fetishism than transhumanism, right now.

Well, I try not to tar transhumanism as a concept with the brush of edgy internet kids dragging it out as the next cool thing. In practice, a lot of the things we do already have a "transhumanist" bent to them. Written language, for instance, is a storage medium. When I was in university, I read a few articles about shrooms permanently altering people's personality for the better.

But like I said, there's virtually no organized transhumanist movement. So I can't legit call it an ideology, or even a concrete group on its own. It's a concept intrinsically linked to science fiction and science itself.

It's clearly because he's not willing to lower his art to the level of literal retards.

>lesbians
We don't like ur kind round here.

Don't forget this one

You have to appreciate the irony of someone who claims to hate capitalism rolling out his monetary success not just as evidence of him doing well, but of his work being objectively good.

According to this metric, there are at least a couple hundred legit Nigerian princes in the world. Who would have thought?

But no, scheming people out of their money with literally nothing to show for it is not the same as making a good comic. On the flipside, it becomes kind of obvious why he's such a staunch Sarkeesian supporter. They have the same financial model.

Wasn't going to.

The fuck did that special snowflake grey lock come from? I thought those went out of style 20 years ago.

>You have to appreciate the irony of someone who claims to hate capitalism rolling out his monetary success not just as evidence of him doing well

Capitalism is only bad when others are doing better than you.

SAVAGE
A
V
A
G
E

Sounds about right. I imagine the actual movers and shakers who are making painful inch-by-inch progress towards this glorious uploading future are too busy working, and most of their writing is journal papers of dense academic data-dumps rather than 'I LOVE SCIENCE'-style youtube videos/clickbait blogs.

See also; those lunatics who hang around Yud, whose primary motivation seems to be to get his Harry Potter fanfiction published.

???

fukkin rekt

>Diaz proves that ignorance and confidence go hand in hand

>'I LOVE SCIENCE'-style youtube videos/clickbait blogs.

Science is the new rock'n'roll, maaaaaan.

I always think of SMBC when I see a science fan.

Pretty much. A lot of them aren't even all that optimistic about what the technology could do, too.

Like, when you're not aware of how the field is going, AI research in the vein of transhumanism just sounds like "Oh boy one day I'll live forever and be super happy and shit sounds great"

Whereas a lot of the people in the fields that will enable AI are really, really worried that "Oh fuck, it looks like it's probably going to be easier to create some fundamentally alien intelligence than it is to create anything meaningfully resembling human intelligence"

i liked his comic. but he seems like a butt