American Gods, because we have yet to see the third sister...

American Gods, because we have yet to see the third sister. On a side note - are Bliquis' victims/worshipers having the time of their lives in the universe dimension or what?

youtube.com/watch?v=1Ow1qPRIs8A

Just finished the book and the novella yesterday. Any of Gaiman's other books worth reading? Dymocks is having a 3 for 2 sale online.

Good Omens is fun

>starz: for when hbo doesn't show enough hard cocks

If HBO doesnt get off the GoT train then Starz will be beating it like a drunken irishman beats his wife.

I just want to know...is it good?
Gaiman is a bit of a fag and it shows in his work. I think he tried to write AG to show how hard he could be but failed.

I'm just waiting for them to finally film that Deadwood movie.

>mfw Wotan says "cock" in American Gods

so they're committed to one season?

>I actually dreamed about Ian McShane last night
I feel like I'm going insane.

Maybe it's the world that is insane :^)

Most of his stuff is for young adults. American Gods is probably the most adult book he's done. Sandman is maybe worth a read if comics don't make you reeeeeee

Anansi Boys is kind of a follow up though.

>Ian McShane
>Ian McShane

Fucking bullshit

Sandman (it's a graphic novel series) is without a doubt Gaiman's masterwork and everything else pales in comparison. And don't dismiss it because it was a comic book. I'd say it is, most literally, better than 99.5% of things you've ever read.

After you've read the series it will stick with you for life. It's only one of the finest works of literature ever. Only Neil Gaiman could make comic books high art on par with Shakespeare.

His novels are okay. American Gods is good-ish (for Gaiman, compared to other authors God tier). Stardust is pretty great.

BUT READ SANDMAN.

I honestly cannot recommend it any higher.

If you had only one book/comic/movie/television show that you could watch for the rest of your life, it could only be The Sandman

And I don't even think I'm overbilling it, it's that good.

I'd give you a plot synopsis, but anything I could say could not even remotely capture the epic scale.

wow man chill

>Sandman
>Gaiman's masterwork

That's not good omens desu senpai

I know he sounds crazy

but he's right

Now it's been a long while since I read American Gods, but I do not remember Anansi being such a faggot

Three sisters, can read the future. Obviously the fates from Greek myths.

Wednesday is Wotan, right? Heavy smoker with the hammer whos god name is never spoken, I assume is Thor?

Dude they're slav gods, same with Cherny boy. Also Thor is dead, blew his brains out years ago. Wednesday talks about it.

Literally got a boner when she said this, i was all like 'not until now I didnt'

He's Czernobog.

The three sisters are the Zorya

They literally fucking state this in the show.

They're Slavic Gods.

In what way was he a faggot?

God damn, I had no plans to fap today....

This. I put off reading it for years because I presumed that it wasn't as good as the hype. I was wrong. Very wrong.

>wah you'll be getting shot by cops in the future

His whole speech was just a way to make a bunch of stupid slaves to sacrifice themselves for him. It was brilliant.

>dat feel when she's almost 50 years old

I think overdid they the smoothing effect on her in the show, but damn.

I was disappointed she didn't actually show boobs. I remember she did it in book.

Time to watch x-files and fap.

Guy with the Hammer is Chernobog, the slavic god of darkness his brother is Belobog god of light. The sisters are the Zorya sisters who watch and make sure the hound Simargl does not devour the world

He's right though. Even if you're one of those types who doesn't want to admit that black people are disproportionately shot by the police when compared to whites for the same crime, what he said can easily refer to the 60's and 70's where that shit was undeniable

Besides, he was only saying it to get slaves to sacrifice themselves for him to feed his power.

What is it about black people talking in any way about injustices met upon them that triggers Sup Forums so much? Do you really think we live in some sunshine world now where these sorts of problems don't exist, and they're just being whiny cunts?

>Even if you're one of those types who doesn't want to admit that black people are disproportionately shot by the police when compared to whites for the same crime
I'll admit that sure. But it's only because black people are committing those crimes more often, proportionally.

Sup Forums is full of literal children with no knowledge of history and no real sense of injustice. They are spoon fed their 'facts' and 'news' by rich old men that are getting richer off their stupidity. Just keep in mind that the trolls on here are literal children or shut-ins with no life that have never left their home town and yet feel as though their opinion is worth a shit.

Neverwhere is great

>It's only because
Yup racism doesn't exist anymore. Sure.

I'm not even an SJW or a Black Lives Matter faggot, and I'm not saying things are anywhere near as bad now as they used to be, but to pretend that racism plays no part in the judicial system is just plain being in denial, even if you do take into account niggers committing more crimes proportionally than whites.

> Black people shot more

False. Only in raw numbers is this true. When you take into account the actual interactions with the law, white men are shot most as a %.

Stop watching MSM and Jews. They're lying to you.

Sandman read it now!

This.

While I don't disagree, I'm disappointed they cut a book version. I liked the story of little girl, who was sold by her uncle, I feel it was more strong and heart-breaking. But probably in modern times a story of a little girl being raped and mistreated is too touchy subject.

Haven't read the book and my assumption is that they're akin to Greek gods meddling in the affairs of humans? Possibly representing the 7 sins? Or maybe representing specific American debaucheries...though those might still coincide with the 7 sins, pride, greed, lust...

I never said there aren't racist cops out there. Racism will never go away.
But I am incredibly skeptical of this idea that the system is out to get any race in particular.

Who are you even talking about

You're wrong mate.

Black adult men make up about 8-9% of the USA's entire population, and are commit 48-56% of the violent crime / murder.

Now. White men are nowhere near innocent, they are however more likely to be shot by police than black men. More white men are shot (% wise) in their interactions with the police than Black men. The difference is that there are more Black men interacting with the police, so the numbers seem inflated.

Also, if it's racist why don't we see more Asian people involved in it all? Because it isn't racist. Asians and Whites are less likely to worship violence / gang culture in their art, therefore are committing less over-all crime than Black people.

The system isn't racist at all mate. The problem is Black people tend not to think of what happens next, you even see it in their voting.

Flint is almost fully democrat in their political structure and somehow people blame republicans for it's problems. If they voted in republicans, they'd be better off, and I don't even fucking like republicans, but it's a god-damn fact.

To blame the system for the acts of some people is entirely bullshit. Black people need to stop chimping out, think of consequences and stop suckling at the government tit.

If you're talking about the Gods then you're wrong.

The Old Gods are forgotten remnants of old cultures and are trying to get by in a land that has no place for Gods while the New Gods are desperate to not get left behind and end up like the Old Gods.

Most niggers don't think there's some sort of conspiracy, or active effort by the police to shit on them, more that things add up.

>more that things add up
Yeah, all the fucking crime they commit does add up.

Sandman is a Masterpiece. Neverwhere and Stardust are great aswell.

Well, the old guy could be pride, the black girl lust, lucy might be envy or greed and the young kid envy or greed.
Was just a thought.
The 3 sisters remind me of the Erinyes.

And the new gods are technology and sex?

>Well, the old guy could be pride, the black girl lust, lucy might be envy or greed and the young kid envy or greed.
The show has literally told you at least half of these characters' their names for fucks sake

The New Gods are the internet and the media and highways and the free market and trains (though the train Gods are kind of dying off). Sex isnt just a new god thing, Bliquis is an old god.

When you think about it, the sheer number of people who don't know who they are IRL kind of goes well with the premise of the Old Gods being forgotten.

Gaiman is a ruseman

Im waiting to see if they include the three siblings who drink hallucinogenic piss

Is it unheard of for gods to have different portfolios behind their names?

That's why he avoids the highways, interesting.

I cant wait until Whiskey Jack. The joke is going to over everyones head.

Source on these statistics buddy?

Also
>Asians not worshipping gang culture
Yes they fucking do my friend.

going to go over*

> Sauce

Sure, you're on the internet, go to www.google.com and find it yourself so you can't question any source I link.

> Asians

Nigger, while some Asians may have gangs, and like everywhere they have their organised crime do you really think that ADULT Asian men are into gang culture as much as Black people? Are you fucking dense?

They're literally Slavic gods mate. Czernobolg, the Zorya.

That's like saying "sure, I know he said his name was Thor, but I feel he might be Zeus, you know?"

I see, so you have no source and just pulled the numbers out of your ass/parroted ones you'd read elsewhere

And yes, yes they fucking do. The Triads are a fucking huge thing with a genuinely fascinating history that I thoroughly reccomend looking up. Adult asian men absolutely do glorify gang culture.

>Implying Zeus isnt Thor
Kratos became a Viking why couldnt Thor become a rape happy old man?

Again. If I were to link you any source you'd forget the facts and mock the source, stop looking to be spoon-fed. It's lazy.

I covered the organised crime thing. They aren't making street level gangs full of adults like Black men do, stop looking to prove your point when you're wrong.

>sandman is redditshit

Don't know Slavic gods.

Because they're all shown to be actual individuals, not concepts that can be woven in and out of each other you fucking specimen.

so oh-oh-oh fucking what

Dude it was a joke calm the fuck down.

To be fair, Wednesday did say he's going to "get my hammer" when they went to meet Chernobog. Then again when you consider just how religious co-opted shit from one another, how they changed over the centuries and such it's really no stretch to imagine it would get muddled.

How is Wotan a Slavic god?

Good Omens is great though to be fair that's more thanks to Pratchett

>They aren't making street level gangs full of adults like Black men do

Holy fucking shit, how wrong are you?

He's not, he's Odin.

Great show. Drags a bit. Pointless at times.

Won't get more than one season. Guaranteed.

The first show with so much filler and so little advancement of the plot that I am actually considering reading the book just to be over with it. There is just no way the book is going to be more boring then the show.

The eastern Europeans that Wednesday and Shadow visited are Slavic gods.

My hammer could refer to Chernobog himself though, kind of like how people might refer to someone as their muscle

Is this where you give me anecdotal evidence?
Or give me examples from several cities?

Or how about this? It's a fucking fact. Black people are more likely to join a gang as an adult than any other race in America.

You're trying to make out the problem isn't how black people behave but the system, when White and Asian people are in the same system and doing just fine.

The system is fine, Black people need to adapt or fuck off to a system they prefer.

Wotan is the German name of Odin.

I've visited India and Spain, am I now indian or spanish?

Are you being deliberately obtuse or is your reading comprehension actually that bad

So why exactly was he wearing modern threads?

Well you know that the Gods in this show arent just slavic right? Odin is Norse, Czern and the Zorya are slavs, there are egyptians and shit later too. I think you and the guy you're talking about are just having a communication problem where you think he meant Odin was slav.

What the fuck are you going on about? They're actual Slavic gods that people used to worship. If Wednesday went to visit Osiris, that wouldn't make him Egyptian, it would just be him visiting an Egyptian god.

Are you fucking dense?

No idea. I don't remember him having any sort of time travel abilities in the book.

It wasn't meant to be a "real" physical representation

Did they certainly darken Shadow in the show or is it just different lighting?

I have an important question..

Who owns the dick pic last ep?

That dick had veins all over it wtf I want it in my mouth now

Is than an anvil because he's gonna get hit with a hammer?

It looks like a bird.

Something happens at the end involving a Thunderbird if I recall. I could just be talking shit, Its been about a decade or so since I read it.

The Thunderbird flies him to the final battle after Easter brings him back to life. But they're talked about earlier in the book a bit since an eagle stone from one could bring Lauren back to life

looks more like a bird dunnit

I see a lamp. Aladdin crossover when?

>the fucking irony

>lol this is how it is
>lalalala don't try to explain to me otherwise I am always right!!!
Grow up, kiddo.

insane on McShane

its pretty good mang