Avengers and Age of Ultron would have been better films if Whedon hadn't written and directed them

Avengers and Age of Ultron would have been better films if Whedon hadn't written and directed them.

Fucker wouldn't even be able to direct and episode of Law & Order competently.

why does he have such a big forehead?

Avengers is the closest thing to a translation of the comic book medium onto the big screen ihmo

Some of its flaws are part of that

Avengers is fine, he did a great job with that.

I don't think he was the right man for AoU, though I can understand giving him another shot at it after Avengers 1 did great.

He's balding. It wouldn't look quite so weird if he had hair there

Look, I know Ultron fucking sucked and we all hated it, but Avengers 1 was still pretty good.

It's funny how Whedon talked about not wanting to connect the Avengers films to other MCU works, yet Civil War does just that, and is better for it.

Goddamn Sup Forums likes to push this meme.

The guy understands capes better than most of you "kino" watching mouthbreathers ever could.

I didn't hate it.

It's not a good film, but I enjoyed it for what it was. 2 or so hours of characters I enjoy teaming up and fighting stuff.

Not every film needs to be Citizen Kane, and while that's no excuse for a bad film, sometimes cheesy action with fun characters is all you want out of a film

>sometimes cheesy action with fun characters is all you want out of a film
Yeah, and Whedon did this very well Avengers.

Ultron was also pretty fine in this regard, it was just a more bloated Avengers with a worse villain.

But TV shows are the one thing he can do, OP.

I dunno. T B Q H I feel like making the first Avengers movie work at all is a bit of a miracle. None of these characters/worlds really make sense working together.

Avengers wasn't perfect and Loki's plan literally makes no sense. But I was expecting something like Ultimate Avengers, which was a horrible DTV, and I got something actually good.

AoU is easily one of the worst things in the MCU, but Whedon really did lay the ground work and make all 6 Avengers play a part that worked within a two hour movie.

I am glad he's gone though.

>Directs one of the most successful films of all time financially
>Asks why he's so shit

The fact it made bank doesn't mean he's inherently a good director, but something must have gone right somewhere

As would have Alien: Resurrection and Runaways, but don't tell his fans that. It's always someone else's fault.

I can only imagine the studio interference that Whedon was suddenly suffering over AoU. Oh, there was some of that even in Avengers 1 but until it was a two-billion-dollar smash hit the stakes simply weren't perceived as high as they were for AoU, the suits came crawling out of the woodwork making their inane demands and pulling Whedon in 11 different directions at once.

Honestly, as mediocre as Ultron was, I'm surprised it wasn't *worse*. Whedon burned himself out trying to keep all the suits happy, he needs more creative control than they were willing to let him away with anymore, basically any director of an Avengers movie is at best a co-pilot for the studio.

How about those comics, Sup Forums?

>T B Q H
Why are you typing like that?
Do you have water on the brain?

They're only good when they are in the superior live-action media.

At this point, any good MCU movie feels like a miracle. I was really worried that Civil War was gonna get the same treatment but I guess the Russos are just that damn good.

His concepts are always good, but his execution is usually pretty bad. He is sort of like Bendis, but.. not.

>wouldn't even be able to direct and episode of Law & Order competently.
Buffy, Angel, Firefly, and Dollhouse say you're wrong.