More movies that take place in Antarctica? Can be any genre

More movies that take place in Antarctica? Can be any genre.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/h-G-k9-y1NA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what happened after it ended?

artic environments are boring unless it's like an attrition war or survival scenario, suppose a bunker situation there survives a worldwide nuclear fuckacaust and they're essentially the last people alive while most major cities and capitals were blown to hell

thats bleak but you could rework it.

best of them all: fate of the furious

The game is canon Mac and Childs are both human

Dunno if Antarctica but The Last Winter is ok.

Not Antarctica either but Black Mountain Side is ok too, similar in themes to Last Winter.

Def not Antarctca but with a cold, bleak, barely hospitable landscape is Sauna.

Yes, Im a horror shitter.

Antarctica is really nice

AvP. But don't watch it.

Good to know. I figured as much though after Childs drank some alcohol and Mac dozed off.

more info on this? looks comfy

Whiteout with Kate Beckinsale. Mediocre but take what is given

D-tox with Sly Stallone. Thought it was kino when it came out.. Pretty sure it's shite now though... Drill killings ftw!

Not exactly Antarctica but northwest tundra setting, The Snow Walker I saw when I was like, 15 and it was comfy as fuck, and has always stuck with me and been one of my favourite films that nobody else seems to have seen.

Pilot encounters tribe of inuits who want him to take a woman who is sick to civilization to get healed, pay him with walrus tusks, he begrudgingly agrees, and they crash in the tundra, and have to walk and support eachother. It's a really good movie.

based on true story, but it's actually
a pack of japanese sleigh dogs are left behind in antarctica during bad weathera and have to survive for the entire winter by themselves
the second half is mostly the dogs trying to survive against the environment
it's beautifully shot and manges to avoid being a tearjerker. i thought it makes people admire the dogs rather than pity them

it was remade as Eight Below but i haven't seen that one

Was going to post this.

Absolutely rapes the source material.
The graphic novel/comic is great. Mystery crime thriller on Antarctica.

Really like the setting. Looked forward to and followed the production of the movie. But cautiously because of the terrible casting of Kate Beckinsale.

And of course it's not only a mediocre/bad movie, it also doesn't capture the atmosphere and the good story of the comic.

I managed to watch like 30 minutes of that shit desu. Such a waste of a potential

Other than Kate's show scene, it is garbage.

Nice, thanks user. I will try to track it down, hope it's not that hard.

At the Mountains of Madness, Lovecraft
thank me later

Watch it Boss, you'll like it.

>thin val kilmer

Iceman from top gun in cold place, cool!

Yeah, too bad it's garbage. Could have been a fucking great movie if they had done it right.

Remember being extra pissed off about it. because the same year, 2009, another graphic-novel that I liked got the movie treatment.
Surrogates, with Bruce Willis. And it also sucked balls.

Anyway, here's a list of Antarctica movies.

What does Sup Forums think of this short story?

>Also, tfw "I will rape it in them"

>literally the smallest image ever made by a human
thanks faggot

youtu.be/h-G-k9-y1NA

In case any are curious

Nobody posting the Original BadBoy.

>muh girl power
>muh global warming

Pass, Kilmer does NOT save this flick unfortunately.

pure dogkino

Reminder there is a bunch of extinct volcanoes in the arctic and it has a cave system.

Shield volcanoes there are absolute proof of this.

Maybe interested in tv show? Helix season 1. Cheap but ok in general

wasn't beta gate found in Antarctica?

yup