How many of you guys agree with this?

How many of you guys agree with this?

>people like this person will never write Batman
>Harley Quinn fangirls, on the other hand, will

Where is that speech from?

>this faggot never watched Harley's Holiday

>thinks that comic harley is the btas harley

OP's image never specified, so how was I supposed to know?

Harley Quinn is pretty much the idealization of the kind of pathetic woman who stays in an abusive relationship

The fact that the Harley in the picture inst the one from the show

that batman comes across as too tryhard and insecure.
>this sidekick is THE MOST EVIL. she is THE ENEMY.
>not the league of assassins, or the court of owls, or the countless demons and aliens that have been slaughtering people for thousands of years

>Harley Quinn is a criminal

No shit?

And? It could be a stand-in for Harley, much like how Earth-22 Batman is a stand-in for all Batmen.

More like
>Harley Quinn is pretty much the idealization of the kind of pathetic woman that writes and falls in love with serial killers or mass murderers on death row.

I do.

Whatever sympathy Harleen might have had died with the BTAS Universe.

This guy got it.

>the league of assassins,
They think they are saving the planet and humanity, misguided but not petty.
>the court of owls,
They think they are the only ones that know how to control and keep Gotham, yet again it's not just selfishness
>the countless demons
Demons don't have a choice, they are demons.

>And because of that, possibly the most evil
This is fanfiction-teir bullshit

I guess he means in terms of normal people.
But then again, Batman is in no position to judge a normal persons sainity

measuring evil by intent rather than action leads to thought crime.

>I guess he means in terms of normal people.
No, the quote said
>Of all the criminals I have combated, Harleen Quinzel is truly the pettiest.

It's an analysis done by non writers, when you get down to it, has none of the bias or inside info that many of them have. Lets them see things with relative clean eyes.

A lot of writers push the psychopathy to unbearable degrees, to the point it makes you stop and wonder just what the hell is this supposed to be funny? It becomes egregious when they change facets and try to play the victim card on their villains and paint them as not so evil.

But then you see the wide picture and realize they're even more horrible, on introspection.

If it sounds weird, have in mind that this analysis is what led to many of the more interesting comic book series, as they explored the ramifications of their morality and actions, and followed through.

I, for one, would at least like to see Harley's fanbase and their view of her be challenged.

is her name really Harleen

jesus fucking christ

.....you're so desperate for a group of people to feel superior to you've chosen abused women?

>is her name really Harleen

name a worse criminal

Not him but Pre 52 Superboy Prime.

Judging actions by their intent leads to wisdom

he was never tried in a court of law, not a criminal

You don't have to be tried in a court to be a criminal
You just have to do illegal things ie commit a crime

Ooooh so you want someone tried and convicted as a criminal. You realize a majority of Batman's villains are never actually convicted on account of pleading insanity and being sent to the Asylum.

I'll say Black Mask then.

He probably means evil not in the sense of harm it can do but psyche. Harley originally isn't the sort who is doing crime because it profits or benefits her, especially given her living conditions are often shit, but simply because it amuses a secondary person.

Harley is willing to do and endure anything the Joker even jokingly suggests to get his admiration. Which she knows is futile. Whether or not people consider the kiddie bomb thing canon the Animated universe already made a repeated point about her character by showing how often and quickly she betrays the trust of people like Ivy who try to help her, or how she was willing to watch Joker torture Tim Drake if it meant time with him confiding in her. Or the time in the comics she gathered and killed off her own crew just to make the Joker jealous. Or Injustice where she helped kidnap a pregnant Lois despite herself having a backstory of getting away from Joker while pregnant only to give up her kid to run back to him.

See she realizes just how wrong she is during or after the crime but persists anyway if he so much as smiles in her direction. People jump all over Batman for not killing the Joker but seem to forget Harley is the one who will not only forgive him for anything, but encourage him, break him out, kill people, etc. It's not a fan joke, she actually loves this nutcase.
Barbara and Bruce were just trying to get Tim back to safety and she pulls out a bazooka.

Just think about what sort of warped mind that takes. She knows this kid needs medical attention and denies him. She isn't Scarecrow and Joker, she has full sense at the time. She ignores it. I don't know how many ways I can emphasize this. Harley is the sort of person willing to sacrifice herself, people who care for her and everyone else for someone who cares nothing for her. That's pretty sinister. Tragic, but sinister.

AN IMAGE
ILL STEAL IT NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW

>she has full sense at the time
In her first solo series that wasn't the case at all.

Delete this post Dan Backslide.

Are you talking about when she saw things in a comical perspective? Because even there it was implied that psychological coping filter is only so effective and she even becomes nervous and tears up here and there because she seems to have an idea of what she's doing or has done on a subconscious level.

Bats, c'mon. No need to be jealous. You know Joker only has eyes for you.

It's a full blown psychotic delusion.

canon to what? 'story trumps continuity' they said. so nothing is canon by default.

She was far too coordinated for her to be completely out of it.
She was clearly having a breakdown due to a conflict of conscience over her actions and relations, but she was still acting with agency and awareness.

Agency and awareness do not preclude a psychotic episode. Kessel's run had Harley with some very concrete mental issues: obsessive, manic, codependent, narcissistic, and delusional.

>abused women
>victim

Choose one and fuck off back to tumblr.

Yes, it was thorough and exceptionally written which is why I also recall it illustrating the depths of Harley's subtle psychological reading and manipulation. Consider carefully the implications of absolving her.

Go on.

"Pathetic" was uncalled for but he's not wrong about the character.

>aginst

Other than that, it's a good analysis despite being somewhat autistic.

DID BATMAN JUST FUCKING WATCH HER CHOKE AND CHILL SOME LADY AND NOT DO ANYTHING?

NOT EVEN A "SOMEBODY CALL 911"?

Harely?
Abused woman?

She's a fucking masochistic groupie who gets off on the entire fucking thing. She likes being that close to death and the pain and exhiliration.
She fucking loves being his punchingbag, slave, and monsterous acolyte and quasi fucktoy.
Being the one person who is never the victim of his worst but relishing the feeling that one day it will be her turn.

She's a fucked up monster, not the broken innocent who was manipulated into being his poor wittle swave.

I know you guys are social rejects but Jesus fucking Christ

Who said anything about absolving her. If anything absolving her ruins the element of tragedy specific to her villainy. Her mental issues do not compel her villainy, they prevent her atonement.

Batman is a criminal.

So are the GCPD.

You got a better solution?

What tragedy?
Every person on the earth has tragedy and flaws and psychosis that is unique to them. What seperates the heroes from the villians in comics is what they do with them.
Harley has at no point had it rougher then some of the men and women in the worst parts of comicdom. As a matter of fact, the bitch has had it good.

She's a fucked up evil person because that is who she chose to be and that is who she shall remain.

Victim? Like the children she blew up with rigged gameboys?
Yeah, totally blameless.

Gotham is a crime.

That universe line was fucking amazing though

he is a member of the Justice Leage, I am sure they have the government approval

Stop putting serial killers into an asylum instead of prison or better yet start capital punishment.

my comment was referring to them calling abused women pathetic, not anything about harley. i 100% agree with your comment and it's the best analysis of her character in this thread

>Every person on the earth has tragedy and flaws and psychosis that is unique to them.
Not that user, but you sort of just explained what tragedy right there.

Also he and I were simply elaborating the precise view and angle of the character, we came to the conclusion we're not unaware or attempting to dismiss her stance itself.

Batman is a mess.
Batman is a waste.

no u

Well it's Harley Quinn, who is capable of no wrong. She's just, like, damaged and stuff. Not her fault.

Truly a tragic character.

dindu nuffin

Yes, it's called shit writing. He later kissed her.

P&C are a fucking disgrace.

Fuck off, Zack

>This entire thread
I enjoy Batman comics too but it boggles my mind how people can be stupid enough to take this shit seriously. None of Batman's methods would be remotely effective in actuality and he'said just as crazy as the people he's chasing

Damn son calm down. You know she doesn't exist right?

>None of Batman's methods would be remotely effective in actuality and he'said just as crazy as the people he's chasing

nice meme

>Nigma = Riddler
>Valentine = Calendar man

Nuke Gotham. That shithole is beyond salvation.

Oh it's tragic because it's tragic.

Yes thank you, we all have our tragedies. Not a single fucking thing that has happened to Harleen Quinzel at any fucking point justifies anything she's done as Harley Quinn.

There is no fucking stance that can even come close to absolving her of her numerous egregious crimes other then niggas and a lot of gay bitches being thirsty over this character.
That's all there is too it.

You realize that we've been arguing against her being absolved of her crimes?

This

Quinn is a tragic figure, but whoever wrote this has issues with women. Whether it was you that wrote this or not OP? Think about your life and where it went wrong that you posted this.

>Quinn is a tragic figure, but
I don't think you understood that image if you thought it was saying Quinn is a tragic figure.
>whoever wrote this has issues with women.
Now I'm not sure if you even read it.

Sort of. Villains can be admirable and sympathetic too of course. This is also ignoring that people find strength in her leaving the Joker (like even if you think that she shouldn't go full anti-hero at that point it's a healthier choice for her to move on and that can be inspiring in itself).

But people who care a lot about Harley in any sense are weird to me.

"evil" and crime are not the same thing.

.>>In her grotesque folly...

Yeah I read it and understood it. My comment stands.

What does the character being a retard have to do with being a tragic character or the author having issues with women?

>>What does the character being a retard

That's DOCTOR Harleen Quinzel to you.

>aginst

I guess you're supposed to care about her in the same way you care about the protagonists of Natural Born Killers.

Only those actually had something subversive to say, while Harley is just made to appear edgy.

You know she slept her way through college right?

thats retarded

goverment tries and fails to control them a.r.g.u.s is a shitshow

Meet . You will have a lot to talk about and plenty of time to do it.

Ultimately, Harley is just a character that doesn't translate well into the edgy grimderpness of the current main DC universe.

Most things about her in BTAS were implied rather than said and she worked well as a fractured human being that actually achieved some level of recovery in Arkham, showing that Batman's quest wasn't entirely futile (that is, until BB, but that was basically a no one gets to be happy ever alt future to BTAS).

The n52 just made her edgy. Like it did with almost everyone.

You say that as if retarded isn't an incredibly common word used to describe stupid shit.

im not sure why the customer service rep was such a bitch there she offered an apology harly asked for it and she rolled her eyes during it

harley undeniably overreacted though

Well said.

Well, killing people is always an overreaction except when your life or that of others is immediately threatened and theres no other way, so...

Because bad writing.

"All I can offer is an apology" is an implied apology, she rolled her eyes because being made to say it explicitly / a second time was stupid.

This user is not an autist.

Jokes on you I actually am.

Harley's one of those villains who will straight up murder you for inconveniencing her, and not even feel bad about it.

I'm not sure how people can defend that. Might as well defend the Joker. At least he's more likely to receive some kind of comeuppance since Harley Quinn is apparently untouchable for some reason.

That is literally what she was based on. Bruce Timm himself compared Harley to the kind of rockstar groupie that gets treated like shit by her famous boyfriend who can play her like a fiddle. She was literally always conceived of that way by her creators after her initial appearances where she was just the Joker's moll, from at least Harley and Ivy onward that was how she was portrayed.

And yeah, she is pretty pathetic for letting herself be manipulated like this when her academic background is psychology. Most abuse victims don't help their beaus murder hundreds of innocent people.

That's the interesting thing. DCAU Harley actually would get hers, often from Joker no less, at the end of the day as she distanced herself from him she's gotten away with more.

Maybe you should look up the definition of 'pathetic' before you get your knickers in a twist. It doesn't necessarily have to be a pejorative.

partialy