What was the point of this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zakEjAeOv6Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

to show off with great cinematography, locations and sound

to convey the hopelessness that is the US/Mexico border

to convey the hopelessness that is the US "war on drugs"

to convey the brutality that is the Mexican drug cartels

to convey the fact that the US "war on drugs" created the Mexican drug cartels, and the US border policy fuels the cartel wars, creating a dire existence for millions of Mexicans

Be the best movie of the year, they did a good job

>Thanks to their Indian heritage and genes Mexicans are cruel savages which are not to be trusted, we must surrender California to these madmen and then make really fucking sure not a single beaner crosses the new border, just fucking gun them all down, women, children, I don't give a shit

Thanks Dennis

>to convey the fact that the US "war on drugs" created the Mexican drug cartels, and the US border policy fuels the cartel wars, creating a dire existence for millions of Mexicans

wow, kinda jumping the gun there Alex.

Trump's Wall psy ops

To show that stronk women are not actually that stronk when faced with actual male opponents.

>to convey the fact that the US "war on drugs" created the Mexican drug cartels, and the US border policy fuels the cartel wars, creating a dire existence for millions of Mexicans
Missed the point

The drug cartels would always have existed
But by funding chosen ones,the CIA can make sure the ones in power are the ones it can control the most
AKA CIA SOP

>emily blunt will NEVER step on your balls
just die in my sleep already
( ._.) ( ;_;)

Do you think Jenna enjoyed the scene where Emily Blunt was being strangled?

>to convey the fact that the US "war on drugs" created the Mexican drug cartels
that is one libcuck buzzword phrase. It's like the king of cucks Trudeau saying "if you kill your enemies they win!"

To return a normal profit

Why else are movies made?

tension

so hot

what is the point of any movie

It's about morals, specifically about the grey area inbetween right and wrong.

>libcuck
It's also libertarian thing. There's a reason the cartels don't deal with alcohol.

For people to identify as the sicario. He is literally me btw

its also pretty clear about stating that being a moral person with principles means jack shit when faced with true savagery.

I typed something out to explain the "point" then I realized you're a fucking idiot OP. Whats the point of any movie? Its primary purpose is to make money by entertaining people. That's it. That's all it is. If you used that empty shell you called a brain then you could form your own opinions without having others make them up for you. You're like a sheep that follows around other sheep.

correct, morals are for the weak

I'M SAYING SHE HAS A CAMEL FACE

That women are basically worthless when it comes to gangsta shit, and the war on drugs is a total failure.

>Its primary purpose is to make money by entertaining people.
What if I'm a ridiculously rich cunt who funds obscure art house films with no intention of getting any of my money back, doing it solely to see the artistic vision of the director come to life?

Shhh Jenna

Why did Sicario shoot medellin family after he promised not to?

Was it autism?

CIA are really in control of drug trade.

Anyone that tries to mess with it be it a new unapproved cartel or a nosey Agent, then gets BTFO.

>What was the point of this movie?
You're asking me how a watch works, for now lets just worry about the time.

His fingers were crossed

The "war on drugs" is a product of the Reagan administration bruh that former director of the CIA Bush sr. doubled down on.

It was so boring i fell asleep at the end

Womyn r stronk, until you point a gun at them.

What was the implication here?

That Brolin has a fat pussy.

To show that Colombians are more civilized.

Was it rape?

margaret trudeau pussy slip

WALL

THE

to normalize illegal cia operations as "cool" and "needful"

freedumb!

Mexico is PISS yellow

Once you cross the border everything looks like PISS

The camera shot changes to a dry drain, with the water jug next to it... unopened, whilst rhythmic grunting is heard offscreen

I'm pretty sure it was rape

>tfw listening to that soundtrack

Why did Josh Brolin want to watch?

>movie night every week with a friend
>YAWN modern action movies are so brainless, just a bunch of action schlock and explosions
>bring Sicario and The Raid next time
>YAWN modern movies are all boring talking and walking YAWN let's watch something fun like Avengers

Johann Johannson makes good tunes imo

youtube.com/watch?v=zakEjAeOv6Y
The video cuts off up like a second or two at the beginning
I still haven't seen the movie I assume this is from, I own the album mainly because the cover looks nice, but the tune is great

He's doing the OST for Blade Runner 2 as well

>"user, why do you watch such old movies?"

>let's watch something fun like Avengers
All they do is talk for the first hour though

but they only talk in quips

to make your peepee feel funny.

All the conversations are just close-ups on the faces of the attractive A-list actors and actresses so it works because people love celebrities today

I don't understand how you can't see his father in him, to me he looks a lot more like the pictures of Pierre than Castro

It's true check out operation fast and furious

>no singles policy finally being implemented

but theres literally no talking past the first 5 minutes of the raid

UNA

xD

An exaggerated version of a real event. IRL, the cartel dudes hanged one decapitated body from an overpass bridge. I used to live in Juarez when this happened, my dad actually saw it while driving home from work. Fun times.

Either it didn't have a point or it was something shallow and political that would've been better as a documentary like

I bet that happened between 2010-2011, the worst years of the war. But 2016-2017 have seen similar levels of violence from the worst years, how is Juarez right now? Violence just moved elsewhere?

It was a fascinating really: on one hand clearly showing how cynical US policy is for Mexico/narcotics yet also seemed to accept that the militarization of the situation is inevitable

Yup. 2010, IIRC. The levels of violence have decreased to normal levels, ie what you'd expect from any city of 1+ million people anywhere in the world. People are finally starting to feel safe again. Going outside to the parks, the kinoporiums and all that jazz.

sends a hell of a message not to fuck with the wrong people

i didnt get this movie.didnt absolutely nothing for me, thought it was pointless. seems it was just a set piece to put a random action sequence in place, but because some director is involved they call it art

When did they stop trying with taglines?

>In Mexican, Sicario means Hitman

No one has any webms? The delta op going into the tunnel with the knife was some real shit.

When they stopped trying to make quality movies.

1. Revenge does fell good.
2. Crime can not be purged, it is a product of free will. It can only be managed at best and the vacuum filled with people that should follow certain rules.
3. When crime is truly out of hand, you can only get to point 3 by using full force without regards for collateral. Mercy and rules at this point are a life sustenance machine for the enemies.
4. White women are useless whores.

why the fuck did they transport that guy across the border via a complicated, vulnerable car convoy, when they could have put him in a helicopter and avoided all danger?

You can't just cross borders with a fucking helicopter as you wish, especially the mexican border

also starting a whole lot of chaos was their exact planyt,"cutting the head of the chicken" and all that

but you can cross it with cars? and cause a firefight that could have killed civilians?

Land transportation is a police matter.
Air intrusions are a military manner.

As for the Cartel?
>bringing choppers into a fight with wealthy armed up cartels who aren't stupid and incompetent like African niggers, are way more capable and skilled than Muslims, and better armed than either of the aforementioned
Nah man. Just nah.

Huh. I thought Emily Blunt was older than me - turns out she isn't. Also, tell me this isn't the most bitchin' Blu-ray case you've ever seen!

shooting down a single helicopter is much easier than finding your target in a heavily guarded special ops convoy

To convince the US to nuke Mexico.

so you get authorisation to use a helicopter

Getting authorization is a bitch.
Loads of paperwork, dealing with two domestic authorities that are fighting over whether USA is stronk or the situations should be dealt with delicately for PC points,
and then dealing with whether Mexican authorities signing you off will be corrupt or not to actually do it, or worse yet tip off the cartels.
Fucking nightmare.

Are you now pretending to be retarded or what?
Do you think helicopters are indestructible or something? Why do you think presidents never fly in helicopters when visiting foreign countries?

as they said in the movie.

It was a cooperation effort between mexicans and americans.
Political bullshit, showing they value the partnership and trust the mexican police (even if they dont) etc...

Just flying in picking the guy up would have diminished the role of the mexicans.

but its true

so how did they get authorisation to take the prisoner by convoy? and the cartel was still tipped off

At least on the ground, you have some leeway and cover, and some personnel can survive.
A chopper is just asking to be shot down with at least 90% casualty rate and millions of dollars lost.

so civilian cars are less destructible than helicopters i take it

Helicopter is a single target in the sky, once it's in air the whole fucking city can shoot at it at once, while a high speed heavily guarded convoy going through tight streets has only local nearby threats and the attacker doesn't know in which car is his target, much more firepower needed.
This has to be bait, I'll stop replying now.

Guys, the chopped thing doesn't work because it's about speed
Getting authorization would take weeks
They have him now and need to move him now
These cartel guys "escape" police custody all the time.

They had him in custody with a bunch of cops who at that moment seemed straight. Move him or lose him

To show what happens when they dig in

>are way more capable and skilled than Muslims

lol. THese cartel shits would get slaughtered by the taliban.

the only thing the taliban have excelled in is driving trucks through busy marketplaces. Los Zetas literally began with commandos who deserted

It took me a while to figure that out. I thought it was rape at first but then I was like "naahhhhhhh".

My only question is how the fuck can your dick get hard for a fat dirty mexican guy's asshole?

Why didn't the eagles just fly the cartel don to mordor?

War on terror meets war on drugs

>began
And those guys are mostly gone. The ones that are left are the equivalent of niggers with guns.

Legit question here: What the fuck was all that tunnel shit about?

How do you think the Mexicans get across the border?

Do they grow wings?

>hurr durr

Why did Mexican brad Pitt and friends go through that tunnel and back again, risking getting shot?

He could have waited on the Mexican side of the border for the arrival of Whatshisname Cartelman no problem