So why was Chief in the mental institution?

So why was Chief in the mental institution?

juicy fruit

Threw too many sinks

Well we saw what he was capable of.

Maybe in the right/wrong circumstances in a previous life he did what had to be done. I had always thought it had to do with racial reasons though. Maybe he did something, or maybe he's just an inscrutable, mysterious, mute giant redwood of a man and on top of that an injun. Doesn't bode well with folk.

he was abducted as a child from his family and sent to a government school, then was fed back into the pipeline from one institution to another, but went to a psych hospital for being a mute instead of prison because it's set before Reagan destroyed our government national health system.

or he's a character inserted to be a plot mechanism at the end

He liked smothering people with pillows.

laughed

He was actually a Chinese man who thought he was Native American

Reagan did nothing of the sort. Think for yourself.

Too much fire water not enough child support.

And this guy? His problem seemed be that everyone else bullied him, especially doc brown.

Actually he did.
In the book he has a catatonic meltdown when he sees his wife abusing his Native American father and just seeing how the environment is being destroyed as a whole. That's why in the book he thinks there's a secret world order called the combine whose purpose is to destroy both men and nature.

Regan literally gloated about destroying mental health institutions in America.

he was just a major beta faggot. He was in there voluntarily.

Reagan is the reason why there's so many homeless out of the streets and why lgbt are running around without a care in the world. There was a greater push for neurotypicality to avoid getting institutionalized. If you considered yourself genderqueer or above genders, then you were thrown into the loony bin.

he was pretty crazy in the book, he called all the doctors and nurses 'the combine'

there's a whole chapter in the book when he tries to fall asleep. he thinks the beds are being elevated down a level so they can perform tests and experiments on the patients

He's the one telling the story in the book. He has paranoid delusions of people being robots or some shit he calls them the "combine". He looks up to mcmurphy because he sees him as the only "real" person... as mcmurphy is the only one who stands up to authority

Shades of Breakfast of Champions 'machines' delusions here imo.

He was a mute, which at the time was thought to be a mental illness
He was gay so see the point above
kek

Vonnegut is a hack, read more.

>Reagan is the perfect, ineffable president incapable of doing wrong that I was brought up to believe.
>Think for yourself.

great suggestion you're really encouraging people to read better works of literature

He didn't talk to anyone and everyone thought he was retarded, that's why when he talks to Murphy it makes it clear he isnt a potato. That said the chief had a very major flaw where he was very insecure he felt I guess safe in the institution.

>tfw you don't get to see nurse ratchets ass daily.
Feels bad man.

She had giant tits in the novel.

Yeah I remember reading about them, too bad the movie couldn't match it up. Still Louise had a nice set of her own.

he was merely pretending

He thought he was American, I mean just look at him. He's obviously Mexican, he crazy.

>He was gay
But he had a wife?

In the past gay men married women in order to throw suspicion off of them.