Looking for movies about strange towns where weird shit progressively happens throughout the movie

Looking for movies about strange towns where weird shit progressively happens throughout the movie

But you just posted it.

When Harry Met Sally

true stories

The Village
The Wicker Man
After Hours
Shadow and Fog

Uzumaki.

to be precise, i meant the original wicker man from the 70s and not the Cage remake, in case you didn't know the film...

also i have another recommendation:

Don't Look Now (in that case venice is the "strange town" but it still fits your criteria...)

>movies
i read your funny image title, but i still don't like you polluting this kino thread with your manchild media...

anybody know any movies like The Wicker Man? when the whole town is kind of 'in on it' and the protag is clueless, the howling is another example, I really enjoy movies like those.

Hot Fuzz

Silent Hill 2 is horror-kino the likes of which film has never seen, you're doing yourself a disservice by rejecting it just because of it's generally-bad medium.

super mario bros.

The White Ribbon is very similiar to wicker man but not in a "cult" way, more in a something weird is going on in this town and a certain group of people is in on it...
it's like an art-house version of wicker man. it's a rec for OP too

>buzzword buzzword
>manchild
I pity you.

Club Dread

Such a stupid, campy movie but still good at the same time. Definitely underrated

The Truman Show
Pleasantville
Children of the Corn
Village of the Damned
Dagon
The Howling

TV miniseries but I highly recommend Storm of the Century

Dagon is fucking trash

kek what a pleb

The Void

I second the original 1973 The Wicker Man. It's a horror masterpiece. The remake is also worth watching, it's an unintentional comedy masterpiece.

This.

Hot fuzz

The Machinist

You're gonna like this.

Dark City is pretty good.

The Void was surprisingly good.