Tfw missed it

>tfw missed it
:(

Every day is free comic book day when you pirate

>missed picking up compilations of three-page advertisements for books you'll never even want to read

>tfw you live in a country that doesn't have FCBD
>tfw you couldn't get Eric Powell's Dredd or the download code for the Bugglies song

>TFW you got there early
>No lines
>All the good shit is available in bundles
>Discount on pop figures
>Finally got around to getting Weavers #1
>Buy one get one free on #1s
>Gwenpool
I'm sorry op, I really am.

i was working all day yesterday man :(

Can anyone storytime the IDW Rom FCBD

I went too late in the afternoon and not only was the place packed with little kids and their stingy parents but all that was left of the free comics were the ones that no one wanted. I was going to go in today and pick up a few things I had seen before bailing but it's closed for Mother's Day.

My LCS doesn't do FCBD. So that sucks. They don't even order the titles.

>fingers

Dropped.

The hell? "Free industry supported advertisement? Nah, I'd have to actually talk to customers and shit, and most them probably wouldn't come back and buy stuff later anyway."

A lot of retailers lose money on FCBD. They have to pay for the books.

I didn't go. I worked most of the day and had an hour left after I got off. Plus the guy that works there most of the time is kind of a condescending cock.

I just want to read the Hellboy short anyway. Think scans will show up this next week?

I looked at the selection, and then couldn't be bothered.

Couldn't even participate

>tfw underway and just got back into port

Eh, at least i got to call my mom and wish her a happy mothers day

My school library has scanners and copiers, which ones do you want?

This.
Closest comics shop is 3 hours away by car.

Thank God for pirating.

How was that Attack on Titan anthology?
I heard one of the stories wasn't even set on the AoT universe, but about chicks cosplay as Titans on cons being gropped and "fighting back"

Most range from 10-25 cents for retailers in canada so they lose a bit there. But they easily make up for that in sales. The entire day they have line ups out the door. It can match a whole months sales in the one day

Yeah, the comic shop in my town closed because two of the three owners didn't want to do any of the work or approve any help so that the other owner could get any time off. They just wanted the money.

Third owner finally said "Fuck that noise".

So, no more comic shop.

I kike the extra stuff there. Good sales a lot of artists doing sketches and i even got a trade for free. Guy made a concept album and had artists draw the story in each song. Havent had a chance to read it yet but its a cool idea

This

And this.

I showed up late but still got all I wanted.

They were also getting rid of some back issues no one wants. They've done this two years now, I'm getting closer to owning all of Alan Grant s demon run

Came late, but there was a guy trying to buy X-Men trades and I helped him. He surprisingly went with X-Factor. He wanted to read about Psylocke (No X-Force there) and Nightcrawler (Where I pointed to Amazing X-Men)

I got this, along with The Phantom and The Tick.

Sales at my LCS were kind of shit, but since it's the only one for a fuck load of miles dude doesn't get much traffic, 5 free per customer. Me and my girl were able to get everything on our list.

>tfw I remember there is another one next week.
:)

>Work close to LCS
>Go there a couple times a week

I'm not sending my Saturday there too desu

>tfw the only store participating near me is 25 miles away

Yeah I don't blame them. They don't get a lot of sales. They stopped being Midwest Comics 3 years ago, and then became Midwest Collectibles. They now specialize in sports cards. Oddly enough they still show up on the fcbd website.