Bone Tomahawk

best movie I watched in years since No Country for Old Men

watch more movies kiddo

Should I watch this? I didn't care for NCFO.

Such as?

the internet's full of lists

start there

It was really good

watched this less than a week ago and it tried and failed to be a Cormac McCarthy homage.

Not very interesting, poor characters.

If you like this one, watch Ravenous (1999). Don't look any spoilers up, just watch it.

You're welcome

You probably shouldn't watch any movies, it's a wasted art on you.

Would let another man hold your German?

bad acting

I'll check it out.

I'm asking you. You're making the condescending statements.

And the internet won't give me a "movies better than Bone Tomahawk" list.

2015 was a good year for western kino.
Check out Slow West too, OP.

Assassination of Jesse James came out about the same year as NCFO, thats better than Bone Tomahawk.

>First time watching Ravenous
Fuck, I envy you

I haven't seen Ravenous either, looks good. Someone please seed it, I will be waiting.

I like how every scene is just an escalation for the next, it's a 2 hours climax with no stops

FUCK that scene was brutal

the pregnant women at the end was dark

What's the point of scalping? Making your enemies look JUST?

I was surprised when they didn't kill them.

Have you seen Hell or High Water?

Tell me again why Blood Meridian is unfilmable?

Babies splattered against a rock and children being raped

>Babies splattered against a rock and children being raped

are only marginally worse than a man being literally torn apart.

There's a lot more to the book than the ultra-violence. That shit can be filmed, it's the themes and metaphors and non-stop sunset/sunrise analogies that can't

this movie was ok up until they actually got to the cave

dialogue was reddit as fuck though

4/10

The problem with a lot of McCarthy works is, beyond the ultraviolence, is that there isn't much of a script. A lot of the beauty of the books is nonverbal so to get it right you need to be Coen brothers tier or you just end up with a passable/mediocre film thats pretty forgettable (The Road)

yeah the ultraviolence is actually the only parts that can be filmed. there's too much nothing in between the violence that is important in the books but would be difficult to translate into film, and the judge would be difficult to properly portray.

>judge
I can't think of a single actor that could portray his presence. He was basically violence, war, and death incarnate

>dialogue was reddit
What the fuck does this even mean? Learn to express your thoughts in coherent sentences with proper, distributive language you dumb cow.

God, I loved with film so much. Okay, so it's nothing more than a Western with some scary scenes and a bit of ultraviolence, but it was executed so well, the cannibals were fucking great, and the casting was perfect.

it means what it says fuckass

dialogue is memey as fuck stupid shit its how id expect some steampunk fag to talk at an anime convention

not to mention the lameass cliched characters like le wise educated native american man

>Complains about "memey" dialogue.
>Uses "le"

>There's a lot more to the book than the ultra-violence.
there's really not

>A lot of the beauty of the books is nonverbal
lol what

>le wise educated native american man
you mean the guy who was in the movie for 1 scene that lasted 2 minutes?

he shouldnt have been in the movie at all thats my point retard

added literally nothing besides "lol look TRU native americans arent cavedwelling retards!!!1"

its like they were trying to rip the dialogue off the annoying ass girl from true grit remake but somehow made it 20x shittier

dialogue literally sounds worse than downton abbey and shitty shows like that made for 80iq soccer moms

and im not even getting started on how fucking stupid the cavemen designs were

That's literally only the case with BM. You sound like you're just spouting off other people's opinions and haven't read any McCarthy. The border trilogy would be a great adaptation, and Suttree basically has no violence and could be a good Tom Sawyer type movie. But none would be blockbuster hits. I think BM would actually have the best chance at winning an award or being much like a 12 years a slave kind of movie

Give me a fucking break. It was good for it's budget, but it's budget also stops it from being more than a 7/10. You know I am right.

Sure there is. I'm not going to get into it, but if you are interested head over to /lit. They only make 10 topics about Blood Meridian a day.

>Can't use capital letters and full stops.
>Calls other people "retard".

I don't think anyone could really do him justice

You must be a nigger.

>The dialogue
>Jenkins
>Russell
>Fox
>Do they think they're poisonous?
>Thank you for your services
>Say goodbye to my wife and I'll say hello to yours
I legit loved it and thought Richard Jenkins should have at least been nominated for some major awards for Chickory. 9/10

I dont get the praise this movie gets.

With the cast it has, it should have been alot better than it is.

It's just so inconsistent, pacing is dreadfull, some scenes in the town takes fucking forever. The dialoge is something great other times is just a mess, tonaly it's all over the place, sometimes it feels like a lowkey period piece, other times like a paranormal horror movie and at the end it goes all out B movie cannibal holocaust tone where you're not sure to laugh or otherwise. And real shoddy sound design with stock library sounds at times.

And the vocal chord whistle thing was just silly.

It's cool that someone tries something different, it just doesnt always work out.

Was there any theme to it all that I missed out on, any underlying statement that went over my head?

I just dont get it.

It's shit

>Kurt Russell
> Patrick Wilson

Didn't know Wilson was in this, might watch it.

It's not that great. Slow West from the same year was better.

It's not bad either.

Nothing much to get really. It's just a western with horror trappings, which some of us enjoyed and you didn't.

Which is fair enough. At least you're not a mongoloid like the other guy on this thread.

Nobody really knows. By the times whites came to America every single injun tribe told them that they scalp people because the other tribes do so.

To me it just looked and felt like a tv movie that somehow got a couple of decent actors in it and the horror angle that's bout to draw in fans of the genre praising it no matter what.

You should wash your mouth out with a hallow point

Slow west was pretty good, all though the salt in the wound thing at the end took me a little out of the movie.

no

Why?

It really reminded me of Kill List.

Both even had a really violent scene that marked the change of the tone midway through the movie.

Plebs
Turbo pleb.
>Was there any theme to it all that I missed out on, any underlying statement that went over my head?
Yeah. Faith, moral duty, among others.

I watched it again yesterday after first seeing it over a year and half ago. Thought it was brilliant. The actors all performed well. Pacing, visuals and audio wise - great. It's definitely better viewing first time around if you haven't been spoilt ahead of time.

I feel obligated to let you know what an enormous braindead faggot you are. I don't even know what more to say because you're so shit tier that I don't think there is any hope for you.

They didn't kill them because they used them as baby making machines

Try eMule

>dialogue sounds like teenagers doing a stage play
>cheap looking sets and costumes.
>slow pacing
>bad special effects

But I liked it anyway.

This movie was enjoyable as fuck
I'm really glad I gave it a chance because I thought it was going to be really boring and poorly paced.

I had no idea what I was in for.

Something about Kurt Russell and Patrick Wilson and the old deputy is just so comfy - reminds me of watching old westerns with my Dad except this has a chilling horror element to it

Would recommend /10

>that flea circus story

I love Richard Jenkins. Hugely underrated actor.

He's the main character.

Matthew Fox as 'Brooder' was great.

It was mostly just a trophy thing. They didn't want the whole head unless it was a chief and probably something about spirituality kept them from taking ears or penises. Jews did it way back when with the Philistines and their uncircumcised dicks or something like that, idk my Christian history.

Meant to reply to Sorry brah

thanks for the input pleb

I really liked this up until the third act. I don't know what the FUCK happened with the film crew but when they got to the indian place, it felt so awkwardly filmed, the pacing was so rushed and the indians became just a couple of guys who were not scary or threatening AT ALL. It kinda ruined the movie for me because up until that point it was so fucking good.

You just have shit taste is all. And I say this as someone who has read most of McCarthy's work.

Loved this scene, one of the only scenes I've seen in a horror film for some time that stuck with me.