I have a simple question for you folks:

I have a simple question for you folks:

What is the best modern cartoon and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xslBV_a4x-U
youtu.be/UrCl6NihiCE
youtu.be/u6yZlGoD5rA
youtube.com/watch?v=k3aV85wfbxk
youtu.be/cNi2Z7IB4W4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>What is the one image/question combination I can choose that will guarantee replies and why?

Steven Universe.

I don't need to explain myself. Just fuckin' watch it.

Best cartoon that's still actively happening, probably a tie between Steven Universe and The Loud House.

>This thread is going to get 300 replies because of nu-PPG shitposting alone, so I don't even know why I put my opinion in it like it'll lead to anything decent

It was Gravity Falls and Wander Over Yonder but both got cancelled.

Now it's probably Amazing World of Gumball (which is ending soon as well) and all that will be left is Steven Universe.

SU isnt always good, but when its good its great. And when its bad its super boring.

Watch Osomatsu-san instead.

this

It's a toss up between Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, Gumball, Wander, Regular Show, and Uncle Grandpa for me.

I'm gonna have to go with Stevie U.

Modern as in still airing? For me it's either Clarence or Harvey Beaks because they're both pretty funny and very few of the characters in these shows will make you want to pull your hair out. If you want to watch something good then you should probably just watch anime.

Clarence and Wander Over Yonder are the only cartoons out right now that I enjoy.

Uncle Grandpa

>all this denial

I guess no one should watch avatar then because it's a ripoff off anime. Hipsters fucken leave

Amazing World of Gumball.

Wander Over Yonder is basically the litmus test for who should even be posting on this board. You either love it or you belong on . If you don't, you obviously just don't know enough about animation to appreciate it.

I was LITERALLY just about to post this

Sup Forums and /trash/ seem to have a fair amount of spillover desu
/trash/ is a better /aco/ than /aco/ could have ever hoped to be

Also, about the trash part, you really oughta visit me there, I'm the one responsible for the LD in the ERP threads there

> calarts mouth

I like WOY and SU, but SU is way better for both animation and storytelling.

If you want something good, watch anime. Cartoons were neer good. All that shit you praise in the 90s, Dexter, PPG, Samurai Jack, Edd ed eddy doesnt even touch what anime has to offer.

Anim has alwas been better and it always will be. Thats the truth.

Rick and Morty

i disagree

Modern? Gumball. It might not have a plot, but at least it's funny.

Steven Universe can eat a dick. In fact, that's probably what it's doing right now. Shit's gay, yo.

> posting that shit anime

Shows what you know. Probably only watch entry level moe shit.

>Steven Universe

Has it changed from how it was in the beginning?
Because all I remember from the show is how fucking annoying Steven is and how he ruins the show every time he is on screen.

Steven's the best character, he grew up a lot.

of course the wonder fag posts his waifu.
only reason the show got popular

All anime in current_year is entry level moe shit.

I really wish I could say Adventure Time but it's so all over the place I can't do it.
It deserves some respect though, for being a sort of zombie show now it's still doing lots of crazy stuff.

So it's either Steven Universe or Gravity Falls (but that's over I guess). Haven't seen WoY and I guess it's a lot better than I originally gave it credit for.

You're gonna trigger some people with that statement. I agree though, it's genius.

Rick and Morty is a good contender and I think more people would probably agree with that, but for me it's still good old Steven Universe.

Steven, unlike most young protagonists, actually learns from his mistakes and matures as the show progresses. You can actually see him getting better from episode to episode.

get out SU fag

>storytelling.
Yes
>animation
Pfft, that's a good joke user.

Yes, that's actually why I post her. She gets people here to watch the show and that's always a good thing. Wander Over Yonder is Sup Forums's Infinite Jest, they just don't all know it yet.

Not my jam. I get WHY people like it, but I just can't get into it.

My vote goes to Rebels, especially after Season 2's finale.

I've seen it.
It's good.
Gumball is still better though.

All me

I'll give you Cory in the House but every other anime is junk

I honestly don't fucking know. Up until recently I've kept up watching some cartoons mainly because I enjoyed threads on Sup Forums, but GF is the last cartoon I bothered finishing (others being OtGW which was great, and LoK which I just forced myself to watch) and the ending was lousy.

Modern cartoon are just so goddamn dull to me. Hell, I've actually recently gone back to watching anime so that I could get SOME entertaining animated action/adventure

Sorry but WOY is winning the animation side

youtu.be/xslBV_a4x-U
youtu.be/UrCl6NihiCE
youtu.be/u6yZlGoD5rA

Pickle and Peanut
It's the sexiest thing on TV

How do you even figure they're better? Do you think Japanese people are just better story tellers? Do you think it's because eastern animators are more able to appeal to older audiences? Or is it cartoons tend to be episodic and reset at the end of every episode?

There are cartoons now-a-days that shatter that old mold like Steven Universe and Gravity Falls, and some that don't completely demolish the mold but still keep a good overarching plot going like Rick and Morty and Star vs. The Forces of Evil.

There's plenty of good cartoons to check out that might change your mind if you haven't seen them already.

Adventure Time.

Regardless of Sup Forums's hateboner for it which has been there since the beginning despite what retards say its consistently the most evolving series airing nowadays. Gumball is incredibly stagnant and all its humor is pretty predictable and the less said about SU the better, its an okay show hyped up to oblivion. At least nobody here has mentioned Star Vs.

My best friend works on that show. I basically have to like it and I still can't. God, fuck that show.

yeah i was just kidding with that post, just wanted replies.

Why retards still believe cartoons never had overarching storylines until now I have no fucking clue.

>Gravity Falls
>Mostly episodic with some slight hints at deeper plot
>Shit didn't get real until the first half of season 2
>The show sort of sizzles after that
>Ending was incredibly lame and usual happy ending you'd expect from Disney
It was good but it broke no molds whatsoever. Mystery Inc. was a better Gravity Falls then Gravity Falls.

This guy is not me.

I've tried watching cartoons in the past. But i grew up with anime. It was really hard to appreciate cartoons after tasting the greatness and perfection of anime. I honestly wish i was japanese cause i'm so fucking ashamed of what our culture has to offer

Honestly you had me going for a while but man did you blow it at the end.

>All these people saying Tumblr Universe
lol

Adventure Time pretty much changed the main way people even see the genre at the moment, and tons of artstyles from new shows are greenlit that mimic its style/sense of humor.
Steven Universe is the first show in god knows how long to actually keep a serial story from the start with lots of foreshadowing/clues for the older kids and NOT shit all over it.
Wonder over Yonder and Gumball are both legitimately really funny for everyone, but have some hit and miss moments.
It's up to preference.

Yeah, I feel you man. I tape my eyes and dye my hair and eat nothing but raman noodles and sushi every day. I think it's slowly working cause someone called me chink the other day. Keep the good fight going man, one day a surgery will exist.

It's kind of difficult to get behind a country that thinks "character eats very quickly" is the fucking height of comedy.

Or who could forget the "who's on first" of japanese comedy:
>You're the Full Metal Alchemist? But you are short. *BOIOIOIOING*

>Steven Universe is the first show in god knows how long to actually keep a serial story from the start with lots of foreshadowing/clues for the older kids and NOT shit all over it.
Gravity Falls came out a year before SU along with Korra and before that was Mystery Incorporated and before that Young Justice

Ha ha very funny. I know think youre being clever but im actually half asian. All of my friends are asians, ive been surrounded by asians since I was little. Ive always felt a spiritual connection with asians that I didnt get with white people. When my dad took me to a food court and offered me a hotdog I refused without hesitation. I craved teriyaki chicken and wonton soup. One day ill move to japan and be with my people.

>the less said about SU the better
That's a great way to imply something about a show without saying anything substantial.

>Gravity Falls came out a year before SU along with Korra
user said "NOT shit all over it".

Is it true that all of the cartoons that are considered some of the best of our time get the most hate?

SU hasn't ended like those ones. Who knows what disappointments the future holds in store.

Yes, just look at Uncle grandpa and pickle and peanut.

I can't vouch for Mystery Inc., but Gravity Falls completely shit the bed and Korra they literally made up as the seasons went along.
Young Justice probably did it right, but it got cancelled too early for it to hit any climaxes.
They were all good at being serial though, SU is just trumping them at the moment since its outliving some of them with better (comparatively) character development unless it manages to have a poor climax.

>SU hasn't ended like those ones.
So? Korra fucked up way before the end. And Gravity Falls was slowly falling apart throughout season 2. Steven Universe hasn't had the same thing happen.

Don't wanna trigger the rock lovers.
Good thing the 2nd season thus far has been shittier than the 1st then.

>Good thing the 2nd season thus far has been shittier than the 1st then.
Yeah that's a really trustworthy opinion from someone trying to meme it up with "trigger the rock lovers" in the exact same post.

Probably this show, the season 3 looks good:
youtube.com/watch?v=k3aV85wfbxk

WoY, SU and R&M
But for god sake CN is the worst.
They leak 8 min. Of the new SU episode

Steven Universe.
just watch it.

shit is way too different to pick one and say it's the "best". For example, SU and WoY do different things and comparing them is impossible because they're not similar enough.

It's like asking "what is the best movie ever", it's impossible to answer because there are so many genres that comparing them and coming up with an answer is impossible.

Gumball is ending?

And I'm sure an opinion from a rock lover is without personal bias at all.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Wander Over Yonder is the magnum opus of one of the few living legends of western animation. It is far and away the best cartoon on the air today and one of the finest contemporary examples of animation as an art form outside of Cartoon Saloon. It's basically impossible to speak to highly of it.

I didn't know that either...hope its bait

Oh fuck off of your high horse. We all know you didn't give a shit about that show until your dick tickler showed up

I like AT too but the show evolving the most doesn't mean its the best.

I give AT the most credit because it's been 6 years and over 7 seasons and it's still doing really interesting stuff. A bunch of people left the show, including the creator (mostly) but it hasn't died. I give it props for that.

Ignore anyone who says SU. Its everything wrong with modern cartoons these days.

as we all know you haven't watched it.

SU is my personal favorite. I know co likes to shit on it and callnit tumblr or whatever but I genuinely love watching it.

You're making an assumption that I like to have long, sweaty nights of passion with rocks, embracing their sleek, tough exteriors over the heat of a sauna, while you're just giving yourself away in a single post.

Not in a sense that they are legitimately bad but as in how popular they get due to either how "progressive" they are or have a terrible or annoying fanbase that's massive.

How come people only started talking aboutbthis show once dominator showed up?

Looks like you are wrong

>all these WOY and SU falseflaggers
Nobody gave a shit about WOY before Dominator and the show hasn't fucking changed at all since then either. SU is straight up garbage that's pushed by SJWs that almost lead a fanartist to kill herself because she drew a character skinny.

Or maybe people think those shows are good and you're a paranoid boipussi.

Oh, it's THIS shitposter again.

While it has gotten pore popular since she was added and she is probably a big reason for that, there were threads about if daily for all of season 1 which she wasn't in at all. The real question is why didn't you notice until Dominator showed up?

I didn't even know this masterpiece existed until one guy who was a dominator fag showed me her song

And I've always had a fetish for good villains songs, Be prepared, this day aria, you name it

Dominator brought a lot to the show, providing MASSIVE character development for Lord Hater and proving to be an obstacle for Wander and an amazing overarching antagonist

and the animation has improved greatly, "My fair hatey" is a PRIME example of this

youtu.be/cNi2Z7IB4W4

Nah definitely falseflaggers
?

We are talking about modern cartoons and these two are the only acceptable, If you don't like it, you can make your own cartoon that obviously is going to be shit

>Dominator brought a lot to the show, providing MASSIVE character development for Lord Hater and proving to be an obstacle for Wander and an amazing overarching antagonist
What he actually means is MUH NEW WAIFU

I did. It's literally MLP levels of terrible

>and these two are the only acceptable,
Not even close faggot

>female character provides foundation for other characters to grow
HURR WAIFU

You can't actually be this retarded

Nothing he said was wrong SUfags ate terrible people

So pray tell, what modern cartoons do you watch? Pickle and peanut? Star vs? None?

Well im gald SU fags are ridding the world of terrible people through their digestive systems

>Actually believe the introduction of a new female character sparked interest because of what she did to the cast and not because she's a girl

Sure is nice being delusional

Please don't samefag.

Please don't samefag