How important is Editing to the film process Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8YxF4yMDSkw&t=26s
youtube.com/watch?v=2zeZhv-SC5s
youtube.com/watch?v=ZIye4geHTwU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Very.

Directing > Editing > Shooting > Screenwriting

kek, being this delusional.
Isn't it obvious to you tvfags that shooting is ALWAYS number one priority. Without the shooting we wouldnt have anything.

Shooting is getting the ingredients together before you make the cake.

There still isn't a cake.

Why do they make always director the one who is responsible for movie being good or bad? Why is he so important?

then explain to me how is cgi made? Show me one video where it shows the process of someone editing cgi in movies

He fucks the actresses

They edit CGI and the film at the same time, how do you think composting works?

Because he's in charge of everything.

Next dumb question.

>They edit CGI and the film at the same time
how? can you show me a video where it shows them doing it? i dont think so

Just as important as mixing and mastering is to music.

Required.

>Camera maker is the most important person on a film crew. Without the camera we wouldn't have anything.

>oh no this particle system doesnt look right
>*bakes it again*
>ok thats good

I have a questiong
How do make it so that when a actor hits someone they can make it look like he actually hit him but in real time he missed so badly its laughable. Even without good angles/camera work

what are you even saying kid? do you think your coocking meth here or something. SHOW ME 1 VIDEO AND ILL APOLOGISE

Are you kidding me
>youtube.com/watch?v=8YxF4yMDSkw&t=26s
>youtube.com/watch?v=2zeZhv-SC5s
>youtube.com/watch?v=ZIye4geHTwU

Editing is probably second only to directing in terms of importance.

A good editor can make a terrible film into a great one. See the first Star Wars movie which was at first an unmitigated disaster that was saved almost entirely in the editing room.

So in some cases it can be even more important than directing, but those cases are usually rare.

Typically: Directing>Editing>Screenwriting.

A bad script can still turn into a good film with a proper director and editor. A poorly directed film can still turn out well with a good editor and a good script. But rarely can a poorly directed and edited film be saved by its good script.

Director is not in charge of CGI
CGI artists should get more credits. Their works are never helped by the director or other departments
Their works are purely their contribution.

>Director is not in charge of CGI

Yes he is

>director is not in charge of CGI

Hey buddy, can we get more rocks over there?

Does the fact that some editors are women disprove the claim that women are soulless and untalented?

Analogies are useless here. They're all important. The difference in pay is because it's not always easy to distinguish between good and great editing while it's easier to distinguish between good and great directing.

He asked for more rocks. But it's CGI artist's job to decide what kind of rocks to be used. The director didn't point at an existing rock and say "this is what I want".

So the creativity falls on the CGI department completely. CGI people had to single handedly carry works that are equivalent to storyboarding, location scouting, set designing, photography and editing, on top of their painting and modeling job.

Like I said they contributed the most and had the most creativity but the least credits

I am always curious about women's role in the editing process. They seem to do better at that job than jobs such as cinematography and sound mixing

Pretty sure most of them get paid like 70k a year, they're doing fine bud.