Did they have to set a whole episode just in Australia? It's such a weak episode...

Did they have to set a whole episode just in Australia? It's such a weak episode, especially the whole 'love story' thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D5drYkLiLI8
youtube.com/watch?v=NcJPtKISBh0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Pacific failed so hard to recreate BoB's success.

>character is killed
>long emotional sequence while guys react
>music swells
>slow motion carrying the body away
>I have no idea who the fuck died because nobody was developed

I could name a dozen characters from BoB after one viewing, I could name 3 or 4 from The Pathetic.

They should've just focused on Sledge and Co., instead of starting with one set of characters (Basilone etc) and then having Sledge, Snafu, etc.

bob is pampered special forces waltzing through fat conscripts on the last year of the war

pacific is children going through hell

one is a cartoon, the other is a show about war

>Easy Company suffered 150% causalities
>pampered special forces waltzing through fat conscripts

They focused on Sledge and Leckie for most of it, and you were supposed to get to know their squadmates.

Did Leckie really meet an Aussie chick like Stella in Melbourne? Surely after the war he would have contacted her again.

Poor Sidney didn't realise the girl he was banging was actually a transformer.

I agree, the all around German Army was crappy. To say nothing of the "Air Force" or "Navy"

>Surely after the war he would have contacted her again

Why? She'd probably have moved on already after assuming he died or returned to the States for good

>this is what retards would actually believe

Where's my Nam miniseries HBO?

soon as they get the rights to It Ain't Me for the theme song

'Merica doesn't like talking about the war, user.

Because they lost

>>Easy Company suffered 150% causalities
so what, half their guys are undead?

Michael Mann bought the rights to a new book called Hue 68 and is planning to make a mini series. The book is written by the guy who write Black Hawk Down

We'll probably have to wait until most of the butthurt Boomers die off because muh draft THAT COULDA BEEN ME

>replacements

>replacements killed or wounded
>some wounded, returned to front, wounded again or killed

youtube.com/watch?v=D5drYkLiLI8

why is Sup Forums so obsessed with this song? seems just like any other overproduced electro pop song with a nigger rapper guest spot

Kys

They wanted to show the soldiers' connection to "real life," but they went way overboard. I feel like I remember something coming out at the time about how they felt like they needed a change of pace from BoB, and part of that was showing what happened on the homefront. But that wasn't really happening in real life, and what limited amount was happening was taken care of by Basilone's story. We didn't need a whole shitty episode about them bumming around Australia.

Literally no one ever has said "I'm really interested in WWII history, specifically the Pacific Theater, but what I REALLY want to know is what the soldiers did during their R&R."

so tru

Easy Company got their name because they had a very easy time thanks to the Canadians and British forces doing all the heavy lifting, yet Americans don't know how to fight so they got mowed down by German reservists and the German elderly. Really makes you think.

Sledge's story had the potential to take over BoB in another direction but instead we got stuck with that shitty medal of honor guy and Leckie just so they could show off more islands.

Sledges character development was 10/10 and the post-war scenes were incredible.

How much jap gold did Snafu get?

youtube.com/watch?v=NcJPtKISBh0

KINO
I
N
O

Enough to become a robot.

le bait

Fortunate son

>youtube "it ain't me"
>"it ain't me" doesn't start playing
>youtube "fortunate son"
>"it ain't me" starts playing

Will it feature Mark Wahlberg?

They'll spin it somehow. The "we killed more of them so we won" excuse always gives me a chuckle.

>and you were supposed to get to know their squadmates.
wut

fuck off contrarian retard

Dropped it after that episode. Never finished it.

GenKill>BoB>>>>>>>>POWERGAP>>>>>The Pathetic

stop overrating genkill
bob is superior in every aspect

>GenKill>BoB
pic related

you could watch episode 5-7 and 9 of the pacific, it has some really good fighting scenes and the only interesting character