OHOHOHO

OHOHOHO

>has a giant in the movie
>no reference to the biblical David & Goliath
whats even the point

Avoiding that particular cliche?

Why did he move so fucking slow?

Give me back my Rhody

It's the side effect of reverse Pym particles.

I'm sorry about BvS.

if it's reverse gym particles then why wasn't he weaker?

I would've rather had that than Parker not knowing the name of Empire.

At the very worst, I would've welcomed Peter referencing Attack on Titan over the lack of Star Wars knowledge.

need some ointment for that butthurt, Snyder?

>biblical
nice try Snyder

Because nerve signals travel at a fixed speed and now have farther to travel. Same reason everything seems a bit slower when he's smaller.

Fuck off with that attack on titan bollocks

Do you get this mad about every joke you don't like?

That laugh is exactly what I would have done.

'sup Snyder

>not knowing the name of Empire
do people just keep regurgitating shit they know nothing about?

Peter EXPLICITLY names Empire Strikes Back. What he doesn't name are AT-ATs and instead calls Giant-man a walker.

You keep strength at the exchange of speed.

Because the human mind can not perceive something that large moving fast.

Pym Particles let you change strength, mass, and size independently of one another.

> Giants cant run
what is Evangelion?
What is (relatively speaking) Gulliver and the lilliputian world.

Yeah he said he was something out of a really old movie, Empire Strikes Back, one of those walker-things. Or something to that effect.

It's an entertaining thought if you picture Scott having his normal strength when he's giant like that. If he can keep his mass when tiny, imagine him 4 stories tall and still can't move heavy things.

MAKE MY MONSTER GROW!

What cam rip is that from, looks really good

what is Evangelion?
Zack Snyder's principle inspiration.>What is (relatively speaking) Gulliver and the lilliputian world.
Bad film with retarded effects?

So he didn't fucking crush someone.

To be fair empire strikes back came out nearly 40 years ago.

If he moved the same as a normal sized human he'd be absurdly stong.

When he swung his arms his fingers would break the sound barrier. His punches would carry crazy amounts of kinetic energy.

Kek is a spinosaurus bolting towards you it wouldnt look sluggish at all, it looks sluggish because human locomotion is shit at fast movement compared to other bipeds.

I guess I didnt hear it because people thought "You ever seen that really old movie." part of the line was side splitting and didn't let him finish.

But you see them moving fast because you see them in their full body scale. Now imagine, being human size looking up to see an Eva running. You'd see it for like a second as it jumps over you then it passes.

Huge shit not running around at 300mph is an enshrined fictional trope, along with cars exploding at the drop of a hat and guns holding however much ammunition is required.

I totally won't lie, he came within a hair of stealing the movie.

He was on-screen for maybe eight or nine minutes, totally awesome for every one of them.

Hell, he was as much fun as Spiderman, and they knocked that kid out of the park!

The giant size of something makes it look like it's moving slower to us.

Yeah I don't disagree, and I saw Star Wars opening night as an 8 yr old.

They are old fucking movies.

Optical illusion. Larger things generally look like they're slower than they really are.

>
>To be fair empire strikes back came out nearly 40 years ago.

Fuck, now I feel super old.

To Peter, Empire Strikes Back is one of his Aunt's old movies.
Let that sink in.

>They are old fucking movies.

You know what made me feel old?

The flashback all the way back to 1991.

Fuck, man, 1991 was YESTERDAY....

Damn, I'm old.

I like to think he could move faster, but moved in slomo to act like a kaiju.

>To Peter, Empire Strikes Back is one of his Aunt's old movies.

Jesus, Marisa Tomei is playing AUNT MAY.

I remember when she was the cutest little hottie imaginable.

What's next, Pia Zadora as The Wicked Witch?

ONTS

MMM BOYS!

I am only 22 and I am already starting to feel old. God help you guys.

Let's not forget that Pym was easily keeping pace at giant size with combatants who were either car-outrunning Super Soldiers or jet-assisted.
He was moving pretty damn fast, nothing looks super fast in distant shots.

That was the year I was born, and I've been shitposting here for seven years.

Michael Douglas was only 36 when Empire Strikes Back released.

Pic related.

same reason a plane in the sky looks like its moving slow

Chemtrails?

He held off spidy panther and 2 iron guys

Exactly, he moved his arm fast enough to reach out and grab Rhodey, who was flying at high speed.

I was wondering that myself. I don't buy the optical illusion argument.

Also does anyone have the rip of the airport fight? I want to watch it again.

Plus they never called them AT-ATs in the movies even. If you don't read the books or buy the toys you won't know their names other than "walkers."

You mean giANTS

>Pym

I never knew what the AT-AT's were. I only knew the AT-ST's were chickenwalkers.

>That was the year I was born, and I've been shitposting here for seven years.

It just hit me that there's a whole generation of you little shits that grew up after the end of the Cold War.

No wonder you're such weaselly little pansies, you've lived your whole lives in an era where the USA has the world under its boot.

Enjoy it while it lasts, boys. Enjoy it while it lasts.

The energy needed to accelerate an object is directly proportional to the object's mass, as we know. The mass grows as a cube of linear dimension but our intuition is tied to 2D projections of 3D objects (which Ben is also alluding to in his answer).

Our 2D-based intuition tells us that ship A that's twice as long as ship B should take 4 times the energy to accelerate to the same speed, while in fact it would need 8 times the energy. This discrepancy explains the perceived slowness of larger objects.

I'm pretty sure it's because the gravity doesn't scale up.

Think of it like this: If you dropped a ball from a ten story building and you dropped another ball that was twice as heavy from twice as high, they wouldn't hit the ground at the same time. The distances and masses scaled up, but the gravity doesn't change.

Like, if Ant-man tripped while in supersized mode, it shouldn't look like a regular sized guy tripping "but bigger." It would look like a building collapsing on itself.

Also this

Because at a large scale, the same speed is going to look slow.

His punches are still going at the same X mph, but when his arm is 100X the size, the same distance per second looks like less.

I got the name from video games. They are baller in empire at war.

Things that are further away seem to be moving slower than they actually are. Big things cover the same space in a similar amount of time as smaller things, but since they're bigger, it looks like the amount of space they've covered is slower.

For example, a giant may be look slow as its making 1 stride a second, but if each stride is 30 feet, then it's walking twice as fast someone who is making 5 strides a second, but only covering 3 feet every step.

On one hand, Peter is a faggot for not knowing they're called AT-ATs.

On the other, if he's 15 then he was 4 when Episode III came out

On the mutated third hand, fuck Disney's shitty cross-promotion.

We could look at it that way, or we can just look at it as simple pop culture referencing.

It's just wind resistance and optical illusions.

Wind resistance determines how fast he can move his now giant body with its much greater increased surface area. The optical illusion is rather simple and should be obvious even simply watching the scene. Your perception of him moving slowly is still faster than characters are able to outrun in the scene.

>thousands of pieces of media including books, comics, tv shows and movies reference star wars in passing
>whatever
>movie made underneath disney makes 1 5 second reference
>SHITTY CROSS PROMOTION SHIT
Also not everybody knows what the fuck shit Star Wars machinery is called. They were called walkers in Episode 5 for the most part

Not everyone gives a shit about Star Wars.

Only acceleration is affected by mass. Terminal velocity of different sized objects are still equal. You have it backwards, gravity doesn't "scale" means the exact opposite.

Synder stop posting.

>gym particles

How did zemo know about the 1991 mission or the winter soldier?

He said he read the files BW released.

Obviously gym particles keep him super strong when coupled with pym particles to make him giant. Fundamental science fact.

Because he's an Ultraman

makes sense, but now answer me this.

How did tony stark not know?

Because he didn't read the files.

They were encrypted. Zemo was a professional spy guy and spent years deciphering them.

Tony doesn't give a shit about the HYDRA files and it took work for Zemo to find the video

To convey a sense of scale.
If they made him move proportionally fast he'd look like a normal sized dude superimposed on the image instead of a giant.

doesn't this practically make Antman the 3rd strongest good guy in MCU?

Tony would have just had one of his AIs decrypt that shit if he cared (and he might have since she dumped SHIELD and Hydra's files online). Whether or not the AI would be able to recognize what was significant is a huge question mark.

Is that why your mom's so slow?

Maybe but not to a significant degree in that he lacks enhanced durability. Vision could knock him over. The Hulk would seriously fuck him up. It isn't helped by the fact that the larger he is the more of a target he presents. If he'd been in Age of Ultron, for instance, he could have easily been Gullivered by a bunch of Ultron drones.

No, because if Iron Man and Rhodey used actual explosives and not flares/pepper shots he would have chunks missing.

Giant-Man is really only useful for gathering attention, Ant-Man is still way more useful in actual combat

He was too busy getting drunk, running his company or designing robot suits/genocidal A.I. robots

Can Ant-Man grow infinitely the way he can shrink infinitely?

>ANTS
>giANTS

The property has been fulfilled

This is actually the correct answer.
It was for the audiences benefit. If they had him say "remember that scene when Luke wraps up the AT-AT's with his snowspeeder" general audiences wouldn't know what he's talking about. Even though most people recognize the imagery of Empire only nerds know what they are actually called. Keep in mind they are never even referred to AT-ATs in Empire, the only time they're spoken of on screen they're referred to as "Imperial Walkers".

It's also why he says "snow planet" instead of Hoth, because it's immediately accessible for the audience.

This stuff might seem like common knowledge to you but you are the sort of person who spends his time hanging out on a comic book image board discussing this sort of nerd minutia. Most people don't care that much about this stuff.

Who else here is a big fan of starwars stuff in general but dont really care about the movies much?

I don't know, he seems to maintain a background interest in various New York costumed heroes, at least enough he was able to figure out Peter Parker was Spider-Man. He probably knows Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Daredevil, etc (assuming they'd ever even get a mention in a movie, which is unlikely) but they didn't fit the criteria he needed.

Jessica: enhanced strength but a grave risk to his liquor cabinet.

Luke: unbreakable skin but kind of a shitty fighter, really needs some combat training. Potential shitty joke about affirmative action I won't bother to make.

Daredevil: fast but too much of a normie, can barely handle ninjas so probably not much help against a super soldier and super assassin let alone a Scarlett Witch.

Peter, on the other hand, is perfect. Strong, fast, able to help capture people. He's also young, impressionable, pathetically eager to please, ridiculously easy to manipulate, and he has a smoking hot aunt.

>Can Ant-Man grow infinitely the way he can shrink infinitely?
At some point he would have to sacrifice either or bothphysical density and strength. And you need both of these to stay alive as a giant.

Seemed like an odd thing to throw out during a Cap/Avengers 2.5 film. Like, I know everyone was already on full bombast mode anyway, but that seems like something they'd establish in a solo flick first.

I mean, I'm still glad it happened they way it did. Just strange, is all.

So he can though? He'd just die?

Note that being smaller is considered a negative, so Scott was able to have enhanced strength and speed by sacrificing his size. As you can see, he does gain some strength as a giant, but only proportional to his size and not enhanced like when he was small.

I liked how well adjusted he seemed in prison, like if it was his natural habitat.

Well he is supposed die if he gets too small as well.

I'll assume not since it's still highly experimental and (hard to tell since Pym is a bit of a joker) may include ripping his internals apart. May also seriously fuck up his metabolism and even screw with his brain chemistry given he seemed a bit...high, almost, when he was big. Pym did say that the suit has certain adverse effects, after all. His body struggles to cope with being large and in charge. By comparison shrinking seems a breeze, but it is the application Pym spent most of his time working on.

So, when do we have the movie where Scott goes nuts and kills everyone