Is the Matrix cyberpunk?

Is the Matrix cyberpunk?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9aPPXB7gqYU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no

The world in the simulation is kind of cyberpunk, the real world is post-post-post-cyberpunk.

Depends on what you mean by "The Matrix"

Only two posts in that post, sorry

It has cyberpunkish themes and ideas, but inside the Matrix lacks the stylistic elements of Cyberpunk by being a pre-cyberpunk era world, and outside the Matrix lacks the stylistic elements by being post-cyberpunk.

yes

yes

Yes, it's also very stupid

yes

no daniel
cyberpunk was a literature movement of the early 80s. anything else is empty consumerist shit made for you to buy it litle kuk. this isnt lit. ura tard.

nope not even close

try Jonny Mnemonic

yes

I don't know why, but I think a lot of people are forgetting that Total Recall (2012) hands down has the greatest cyberpunk aesthetics ever made into a modern movie.

And it still is, the movie doesn't shy into not showing it's world background in all it's cyberpunk glory and it has cool mech (police) designs too.

no
it's bdsm homoerotic fantasy

maybe because it's a remake and therefore people think it's automatically bad. even though the original film was goofy and shitty in comparison to the remake

You know what, i thought so too at first.. not until I saw it on HBO and then become amazed. Also, Kate Beckinsale kicks major ass in this movie.

same thing happen with Prince of Persia.

imagine a steampunk version of the matrix...

KYS.

>you drink the black tea and you forget any of this ever happened
>you drink the green tea and i'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes

more like cybershit

literally what bioshock infinite is dumbass

Not quite friend, But i see what you mean

youtube.com/watch?v=9aPPXB7gqYU

Better than Ghost In The Shell movie