Would Marvel dare introduce Namor to their movies, especially when there's an Aquaman movie coming up?

Would Marvel dare introduce Namor to their movies, especially when there's an Aquaman movie coming up?

I mean, there's no way for them to do it without him looking like Marvel's Aquaman ripoff, which would probably taint the character permanantly.

Other urls found in this thread:

interrobangstudios.com/comics-display.php?strip_id=989
observationdeck.kinja.com/in-defense-of-namor-the-sub-mariner-1620954356
io9.gizmodo.com/5802344/25-reasons-why-aquaman-is-the-best-damn-superhero-in-comic-history
newsarama.com/28835-squadron-supreme-9-introduces-a-cosmic-level-female-villain-kicks-off-namor-s-return.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They don't have the rights

Namor already sucks fish balls

I never liked Namor
He is a douchebag to me and he keeps trying to get with Sue he is a ass

>He is a douchebag to me
He's a douchebag to everyone. Douchebag has been one of his most defining characteristics for 70 years.

Fuck you. Namor is based. He is he only one that has the balls to do shit

He's be great in the movies. Like an anti hero. Hed be way better then his gay loser counterpart

>namor fags can't even spell correctly
>calling aquaman bad

The one good thing about Namor is that he makes it really easy to spot Marvel casuals, since only the most blind Marveldrones will defend him.

That implies there's any casuals left in WB's ballpin to make that connection.

What's even the point of introducing namor to MCU if the F4 don't exist?

>Not liking this
Faggot

>liking Marvel's Shadow the Hedgehog

They can play off BP

What if Namor comes out first and everyone calls Aquaman the ripoff?

Poor DC has that kind of luck.

Sauce

Aquamn is the rip off. Namor came out first

>A GAY NAMOR
Ha ha ha.
That's totally what he is.

Would be fair, DESU famalam.

What is this supposed to prove?

The MCU needs more blatant douchebags

>What if Namor comes out first and everyone calls Aquaman the ripoff?
Namor... did come out first.

Sue wants it. Oh, does she want it.

It seriously wouldn't be Namor if he WASN'T a Douchebag.

Ensign Sue Must Die
interrobangstudios.com/comics-display.php?strip_id=989

I mean, like, in movies.

Aquaman already has the Superfriends stigma going against him, being called a ripoff would just be salt in the wound.

Yes they do.

We just had a movie from both companies where
>A battle in Africa gone wrong ignites controversy
>a wealthy non-powered hero in armor is trying to keep a peak superpowered being in check
>begins with a scene of said wealthy hero's parents dying
>a struggle hinging on the mother of the hero in the final act

Obviously the movies went their own way, but doppelganger media already exists all over the place, this would be no different.

>being called a ripoff would just be salt in the wound.
But. That would just be saying the truth. He is the ripoff.

This. Tony is douchy, but ultimately has some likable qualities, or at least make you feel sorry for the guy. It needs at least that one guy whee you basically go "Wow. this guy's just an asshole."

>Aquaman already has the Superfriends stigma going against him

If not for family guy this would be irrelevant. SF hasn't been on the air outside boomerang in 15 years.

>stigma
Aquaman was the best part of the Superfriends.

It's kind of funny because Aquaman is the only superhero who came out after his Marvel counterpart. Though "ripoff" is a strong word. Nobody ever gave a shit about Namor, and a water guy being from Atlantis is pretty standard.

However, the fact remains that all normies know who Aquaman is. They may not like him, but they know him. If Namor shows up everyone will immediately think of him as an Aquaman ripoff; that's mostly why nobody uses him nowadays.

It's pretty funny.

Aquaman already appeared in a movie so that argument is out the window. They'd have to beat it with quality which shouldn't be difficult.

The jokes were around long before Family Guy.

Cartoon Network pretty much spent the 90s doing it.

Instead of hitting on sue he can hit on tchallas white girl friend in the mcu

Wow. Torch is such a dick

Nah, Namor will always look like the shitty ripoff. There's no way they can pump out a Namor movie before DC anyway, so unless they slip him in like Fox did Quicksilver, he's fucked. And if Aquaman is successful then Namor's going the way of the Fantastic Four.

>Sue wants it
Yeah, that's why she's constantly turning him down.

Fund it.

Except Marvel admitted Civil War was made because of Batman vs Superman, and everyone is comparing them anyway.

who has the rights to Namor, anyway? Universal?

She turns him down because she doesn't want to betray her Husband and family, not because she doesn't want to be with Namor.

Well, he is
observationdeck.kinja.com/in-defense-of-namor-the-sub-mariner-1620954356

Yes, although Marvel is aggressively trying to get him back. Same with Hulk; apparently Universal still has some rights to him too.

Debatable. Snyder isn't directing Aquaman, Flash, Wonder Woman, or Skwad. MCUcks could only count on BvS being terrible because everyone knows Snyder couldn't direct his way out of a paper bag. Skwad already looks better than any MCU movie except maybe CA:FA.

Not any more. They reverted back to Marvel.

Wait, scratch that. Marvel has him, but theres a few contracts and deals still in place that they need to end first.

they will share the same tone of no colors and depression

>Gets booty blasted about Peter going on a date with Sue
>Finds Namor and tells him Sues been kidnapped
>Namor shows up and wreks the restaurant and the immediate area in a fight with Peter
He can't keep getting away with this. Stop bullying Namor

STOP DRAWING LIPS THIS WAY THEY LOOK AWFUL.

She turns him down because she doesn't want anything to do with his shrimpenis

>I know what you're thinking: "He's just a second-rate Aquaman," and "He's just an idiot in a speedo," and also some disturbing thoughts about your mother – stop that, it's not healthy.

>But hear me out: Namor has Superman-like powers, an army of loyal soldiers and the guts to use all of his resources to destroy his enemies.

Aquaman has all that and is also an ocean wizard, though.

Also advertized within that same article
>io9.gizmodo.com/5802344/25-reasons-why-aquaman-is-the-best-damn-superhero-in-comic-history
lol @ namorfags

>Debatable
Sure.

>>io9.gizmodo.com/5802344/25-reasons-why-aquaman-is-the-best-damn-superhero-in-comic-history
Read it though

>MCUcks

>Both Aquaman and Namor are Atlantean royalty in their respective universes. Aquaman carried out of most of his duties wearing pants.

sounds about right. DC never had to court the gay audience to get people to care about their characters.

>Wearing more clothes than you need to
>Wearing a gaudy orange shirt
lol @DC Namor

>literally wearing nothing but your mom's panties
>being an elf
>people only like you for being a rapist

namor, pls.

>Be an Atlantean mutant who lives underwater
>your mutation is wings

How fucking pissed would you be

>Rapist
What a weird way to spell powerful lover

But doesn't Namor actually have a small penis though?

Is there a horror style Aquaman Story like Namor had? That would be a good read.
can I fly with them?
>listening to a fat sea hag in prison
Richards, please

>Earth X Namor was constantly on fire on one half of his body
kek

That's what the movie is supposed to be.

>regularly trades punches with Hulks
>immobalized by a giant fish with an identity crisis
God I felt my blood pressure shoot up when I first read this fan voting crossover bullshit.

Hope can always save the day, that's why DC is better

Neat, I guess

shhh user, the 90's can't hurt you anymore

And Aquaman can trade blows with Superman. Your point?

everyone hates DC right now so they'd probably call Aquaman the copycat

>Your point?
That a fish wouldn't immobilize either. No need to be so retardedly paranoid.

His point is, faggot, how is he getting downed by a fucking whale? Neither of them should go down like that. they should have beat the other into submision

good lord that's some cheesy shit

Fuck the Squadron btw. Namor shouldnt be the only one going down for that shit

No. They don't. Universal still has them.

>Ben Grimm beat Namor under water
fuck bendis

You're right, it would be way better if he had to murder every man woman and child because theres no other way

Just like muh Marvel books

I don't read cape books at all. This is a total outsider perspective. I don't care about Marvel. I don't care about DC. I don't care if you like one or the other, or the rivalry between them. Either way is fine. Read whatever you want, and I will not fault you for it.

I'm just saying. Vibrating a ghost planet out of the onmiverse puts a spike on my cheese-o-meter.

Good thing he's getting resurrected in finding namor

>Good thing he's getting resurrected in finding namor
Pleae don't toy with my emotions user, what is this "Finding Namor" you speak of

>I don't actually know a single fucking thing about what I'm about to complain about, but I feel my retarded oral diarrhea is both relevant and worth hearing

why are you in the comics board if you don't read comics, Sup Forums?

No one is saying what is or isnt the better option, or measuring the dick of their favorite company.Chill out
>Comics and Cartoons
seriously, fuck off

He said he didn't read cape books.

>mfw toonfags

why is this cockroach talking to me

It's the name of the upcoming arc in squadron supreme

Wow. I was even trying to be totally nice about it. It was a silly page out of context. I wasn't complaining. Just commenting.

A better question would be, why are you in this thread if you don't give a shit?

Here's the source

newsarama.com/28835-squadron-supreme-9-introduces-a-cosmic-level-female-villain-kicks-off-namor-s-return.html

Because it's interesting, you faggot.

I was even trying to be totally nice about it. It was a silly page out of context. I wasn't complaining. Just commenting. I'm not from Sup Forums and I do read comics.

Nice.

>I mean, there's no way for them to do it without him looking like Marvel's Aquaman ripoff, which would probably taint the character permanantly.
you do know 90% of marvel characters are rip-offs of DC characters, right?

This isn't a secret. DC is a heavy inspiration for Marvel.

So, considering the fact that people like OP who don't know this, yes they will look like they're ripping off DC. but they have no reason too. DC is doing shit in the box office while Marvel is debateably more popular than star wars at this point.

I guess this sums up to; yes, but also no.

Marvel universe runs on politics. With X-Men and F4 out of the picture, they need more factions to pick up the slack

Despite what we think ab out the heroes, we can all agree that Black Manta is better than Attuma

It's the same situation with the Hulk, they can still use him.
Even then i'm pretty sure they reverted back.

Yeah, I'll agree to that. But is Black Manta better than the Fantastic Four?

You do understand he's the producer or writer in almost all of these right?

>inb4 the producer has no say in a movie

No, definetly not. Aquaman has a better love life though

then you accept that Justice League will be good since Ben Affleck is Executive Producer, right?

And you must think that MoS was good since Nolan produced, right?

>inb4 the producer has no say in a movie

Height: 5'2''

No because Snyder is still directing it, do you not actually know what a producer does?