Alien and Gladiator in the same universe?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

woah, it's almost as if wheat fields aren't exclusive to one piece of land on this earth

Maximus went to the alien world to farm wheat with his family.

What the fuck is it with Ridley scott and his autistic obsession with wheat?

Just imagine the kind of yields of those alien wheat plants. Europe would never have famines. Maybe that explains why that civilization was so advanced.

>Colosseum
>Slaves
>Aliens
>Gladiators

i'd watch that ( not pay for it though )

So Gladiator, Alien and Bladerunner are all set in the same universe...woah

The Ridley Cinematic Universe.

Illuminating! Thanks for sharing!

yes, our universe.

No

They are actually retard. Wheat is a man-made plant.

Wheatverse.

>wheat is a man made plant
...excuse me? You doubling down on that, son?

>It's a "Sup Forums can't talk about a Ridley Scott movie without mentioning wheat" episode.

Yeah that doesn't mean wheat is "man made" you stupid faggot.

You should google symbolism of wheat or something. Basically wheat equals life.

It means wheat as we have been cultivating it for millenia was created through selective breeding and wouldn't have occured without humans. Which means if you land on another planet and see big ass wheat like in Alien, you know agriculture is a thing on this planet.

obviously

All Ridley Scott movies are, except Robin Hood, A Good Year and American Gangster unless he believes in reincarnation

N

>there would be no wheat without humans
Holy shit, this stupidity. That's like saying there would be no wolves if humans didn't exist because dogs are a thing.

You're wrong though. In that analogy, wheat is the dogs, not the wolves. Cultivated wheat was bred from wild grasses that were originally fucking useless when it comes to harvesting them for food.

thats a real quality state-funded education you got there mate

I'm not the one calling wheat man made, retard.

That's his point, dummy. If you'd had an education worth a damn, you WOULD be saying wheat is man-made, just like dogs.

It is disingenuous to call it man made, if you don't get why, then I'm not the one with poor education.

>comparing the cultivation of natural wild wheat plants to the systematic selective breeding of wolves for specific traits over hundreds of years
Wew, lad.

>not knowing ANYTHING about the subject but still feeling the need to pretend you do

What a pathetic little faggot you are.

You ARE the one with autism tho. Yes, wheat wasn't created ex nihilo by humans, guess what retard, neither was anything else. Did humans "create" cars? Surely not, according to a twerp like you, they merely re-arranged matter until it was something we call "a car".

Are you comparing a car to a naturally growing plant that we cultivate? It's funny that you can't see how autistic you are. Calling wheat a "man made" product is disingenuous. It's that simple.

wheat is just as manmade as are orange carrots or huge wine-grapes or industrial scale farming of bananas

wheat has been "genetically modified" over the past 12000 years, and with 2-3 harvests possible over one year, that would mean 20000-30000 generations of handpicking suitable seeds that offer valued mutations

just compare wild untouched brands of wheat to what is produced on modern day farms

Why don't you read up on wheat:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat

The whole thing, not just a single passage. Please tell me how a natural wild wheat, cultivated into strands we grow, makes it "man made".
>inb4 y-y-you just no no educated wahhhh

No.

You thick cunt.

>wheat has been "genetically modified"
Except this isn't exactly true. Cultivation doesn't change the genetic structure of wheat and it wasn't until very recently that we introduced genetic growth hormones into wheat and other farmable crops.

I guess you must be done then? Good chat. Reading is key!

You are a thick cunt.

>>except youre an idiot and crossbreading wheat to produce new genetic diversity has been going on for centuries. it was a crossing of russian and canadian wheatstocks in the 1950s that produced what we call "winter wheat" & made western Canada the "breadbasket of the world".
suck a dick dumbshits.

ugh, it's all about semantics again
handpicking suitable seeds that prosper in different locales where they would not naturally spread, and then continuing the same process over long enough time, and you are essentially somewhat close to "genetic modification", even if it means minor mutations over many centuries compared to quicker results in modern labs.

I honestly don't understand why I even entered the discussion... Sup Forums is so shit these days this thread is IMO still above average, even if it is all about getting correct words regarding the domestication of wheat

>i dont know a fucking thing about cropscience biology

we can tell

Crossbreeding is not outright artifical genetic modification, kid. I'm making a distinction between simple plant crossbreeding with genetic restructuring, which we do now with a variety of crop yields.

Wheat is man made faggot

It's not.

There was no wheat before man

All you have to do is stop saying retarded shit about wheat...

well what would happen to Sup Forums if people had to know about making movies before we can shit on them?

regardless, wheat is still a product of human civilization. most of current wheat types would not exist without human intervention

Yes, there is/was.

>regardless, wheat is still a product of human civilization. most of current wheat types would not exist without human intervention
WILD

WHEAT

EXISTS

No there wasn't

You can stop posting anytime.

Whatever you say you thick cunt.

>gladiator happens
>the engineers see the horrors of the emporer and try to steer mankind on the rightful path
>engineer jesus
>years later kingdom of heaven, balain says he feels nothing because he is made of engineer dna
>alien takes place after this
>blade runner where robots are made to trick the engineers
does the theory have legs

> Wild wheat

Wow just wow what a fucking retard wild domesticated dogs exist too

no one gives a shit about wild undomesticated wheat man

that's like comparing modern apples to the original apples before humans decided to start the domesticating process

>All this posting and arguing and niggas gettin learned about wheat in a ridley scott topic

Wasn't it confirmed that Blade Runner and Alien are in the same universe? DAVID and Replicants are basically the same thing?

>in english doc

I don't say apples are man made, sweetie.

Does plastic exist in the wild? No, that's man made.

behold, totally not man-made

Dumbass wheat is a cross between different types of grass that doesn't occur naturally

Picture shows combos of wild wheats...

Yes, there are wild wheats that do exist.

why do people waste their time arguing with retards for 50 posts

You THICK cunt.

>shown a picture of naturally growing species of wheat
>"BLARGGGGG NOOO IT MAN MADE DUHHH"

Oh hey, I thought this meme was dead.

See

i come to Sup Forums to see people arguing about wheat farming. cheers to you both.

Sweet apples and wheat you can make food out of don't exist in the wild either, dumbshit.

Because this site is genuinely filled with autistic brainlets.

It's fucking wheat strain that grows in the wild what the fuck is so hard to understand

The funnier thing is how this was never a serious thread, but faggots are actually mad now about wheat being a plant.

Yeah
Its earth
>goodfellas, alien, gladiator, beverly hills cop and Jönsson ligan is in the same universe

The mentality that "i win the argument if i make the last post" is pretty common so people just keep arguing so they think they "win".

Autism is one hell of a drug.

nah

TOTALLY NOT MAN-MADE NO SIR

See:

>I don't say apples are man made, sweetie.
But that's the fucking point nigger. The big apples you can buy at the supermarket ARE man-made. Wild apples back before humans started cultivating them wouldn't look ANYTHING like the ones we have now. Most likely they'd be tiny and not anywhere near as good. So if you go anywhere in the universe and see an apple-tree with big red juicy apples on it, then you can tell someone on this planet cultivates apples because they didn't occur naturally.
Same goes for the wheat. Yes some strands of wheat existed before we cultivated them but first, they'd be in fields mixed with a shit ton of other plants, and they wouldn't look anything like modern wheat. The point being that when the crew shows up on a faraway world in Alien, and see a field containing ONLY massive wheats, it's a sure indication that it's cultivated.
You goddamn thick cunt.

There was no Hate either

I could be asking you the same thing.

Well, wild bananas are not man made.

smonk wheat

>Yes some strands of wheat existed before we cultivated them
...right, thanks.

>I'LL CALL HIM A NIGGER HEEHEE!
Still in that phase, kiddo?

You were still wrong in your original post.
Wheat as we know it nowadays is very fucking exclusive to Earth.
Not an argument. Read the rest of the post.

Nice argument
Very facts-based and intellectual

>Cultivation doesn't change the genetic structure of wheat

it actually does

how does it feel to be wrong?

>calling you a nigger is an argument
Autism, not even once.

this is a stupid, pointless argument
both of you just shut the fuck up

My original argument was that wheat was not man made, which is true.

I don't think you know what goes into cultivating then and how it differs from genetic modification.

wild wheat is not manmade

modern industrial scale farming wheat is very much a result of humans domesticating it, genetically engineering and modifying it over thousands of years

Your original argument was implying that finding wheat on the other side of the galaxy isn't significant, which is wrong.

>That's like saying there would be no wolves if humans didn't exist because dogs are a thing
It's actually the exact opposite of that though. Modern dogs were created through selective breeding just like wheat.

I wasn't that user, skip.

No they fucking didn't all fucking wheat and wheat grass is the result of human activity directly or indirectly basic bitch wheat grass is a result of cross breeding and cross pollination

Yeah great, that doesn't make it man made. Especially when we have wild wheat. It's shitty word choice.