Differences between Marvel and DC?

What are the differences between Marvel Comics and DC Comics?

Here's what I know
>Marvel has a much older universe, while DCs is more convoluted
>DC has gods pretending to be men, marvel is men pretending to be gods
>marvel has variety like cosmic stuff and slice of life
>DC heroes are all beloved by people like sheep, while Marvel heroes are hated by cynical, petty, and realistic people
>Marvel is more accessible while DC is harder to get into

One is a crock of shit, the other is a bowl of crap.

>Thor
>Man pretending to be a god

DC is full of racists and misogynists who openly put racist and sexist shit in their comics.

Marvel is full of racists and misogynists who use minorities to raise sales.

I have no "bait.jpg" and I must express my opinion in a single image.

The difference is that Thor isn't portrayed as a god, he's just a man who has to deal with big things. He's still human.

>i don't read comics and repeat things i heard on the internet

>>marvel has variety like cosmic stuff and slice of life

You should actually kill yourself if you unironically think Marvel has more variety than DC

>Marvel is more accessible while DC is harder to get into
I had a much harder time getting into marvel when I got into comics

The X-Men are utterly impenetrable

>Here's what I know
>Proceeds to say completely false things

Overall:
DC is more literary. Marvel is more grounded.

Miller's Daredevil is an interesting balance between the two.

>here's what I've heard second-hand from youtube commentators who don't know what the fuck they're talking about

This. Not even Marvels #1's are accesible anymore with their relaunch fever

I'll admit I don't really read DC, but it's because they've never drawn me in. Like I said they don't really have a coherent timeline. Marvel has been able to keep the same timeline going since the 60s so it feels like there's a ton more history than DC, and I don't really want to have to fight my comics in order to puzzle out which continuity you're in right now.

Plus Marvel has infinite universes and DC doesn't, so Marvel has tons more places to tell stories in. DC stories can only be on earth.

>Plus Marvel has infinite universes and DC doesn't, so Marvel has tons more places to tell stories in. DC stories can only be on earth.
what.

you say that but I remember that there was storyline where there were like 15 different Batmans. That's confusing as hell.

Plus DC uses Morrison a lot and it doesn't seem like he gets characters. He tried to ruin Magneto.

DC destroyed their multiverse.

>Like I said they don't really have a coherent timeline. Marvel has been able to keep the same timeline going since the 60s

KEK!

>I'll admit I don't really read DC
we can tell

>they don't really have a coherent timeline
the reboots, timeline fuckery, time travel, etc are all part of what make DC great. you just need to embrace the madness

>DC stories can only be on earth.
this is patently false.

>Morrison doesn't get characters

Yeah this is a bait thread

>DC destroyed their multiverse.
bait

You have clearly not been reading comics within the past two years.

No they didn't

Marvel has interesting cosmology
DC only has gay lanterns everywhere

>Like I said they don't really have a coherent timeline

Arguably they have more of a coherent timeline than Marvel does, precisely because DC has clear breaking points where shit got rebooted via cosmic shenanigans, and Marvel has the sliding timeline where stuff gets compressed and retconned on the fly.

>and I don't really want to have to fight my comics in order to puzzle out which continuity you're in right now.

Very few comics actually require that kind of working knowledge, from either Marvel or DC. If you read a run from a consistent creative team, it will have a beginning, middle and end and provide immediate context for what you need to know.

I mean, for fuck's sake one of my first introductions to DC was Johns' JSA but you can enjoy that perfectly well without knowing the in-depth history of the old JSA, Infinity Inc, or the various changes between pre and post-Crisis DC.

>Plus Marvel has infinite universes and DC doesn't, so Marvel has tons more places to tell stories in. DC stories can only be on earth.

That literally hasn't been the case since 2006. And even then before Infinite Crisis/52 brought back the Multiverse, you had Elseworlds that explored those same What-If scenarios.

>Only reading DC canon and deliberately excluding all one-shots, elseworlds, and miniseries

What is this faggotry

>Lets have a thread where I compare DC and Marvel
>I don't read DC

Good job OP

DC has plenty of interesting cosmology, it just tends to be the crazy metaphysical shit. "Cosmology" refers to the structure of the universe, not just "what alien races populate it".

What's living in 1986 like

DC has a better magic and dark side. Marvel just has Doctor "Let's make him Tony" running around

>I'll admit I don't really read DC
You don't say.

He's probably still writing hate mail to the DC offices about Kyle Rayner succeeding Hal as the Green Lantern.

DC was stupid enough to hire Max Landis to rape Superman and turn him into a edgy tryhard that burns people's arms off, swears, drinks alcohol, has loveless sex with random women, destroy property, hurt and torture people, looks down at others, bullies, and threatens to kill

>the reboots, timeline fuckery, time travel, etc are all part of what make DC great. you just need to embrace the madness

Sorry, none of that stuff is very good. It's just a sign of writers not knowing what they're doing. I don't like that I can be reading a story only for it to get undone the next year.

No, he really doesn't. At least X-Men, because he just took a giant dump on Magneto. His Batman stuff also seemed pretty cringey from the outside but I didn't read it.

pic related

Here.

>I don't like that I can be reading a story only for it to get undone the next year.

>not enjoying a story on its own merits
>thinking DC reboots every year

>pic related
Infinite Crisis brought the multiverse back in 2006

For Marvel's timeline you need to know math. Time in their universe is 4 times slower than ours.

>pic related

You missed one (You)

I kek'd
Honestly I can't imagine having to live in a world where you had to send your opinions on comics through snail mail. It sounds so absurdist

-10/10

Marvel is a machine, DC is an organism

There you go, OP.