Comfy movie like "The Man From Earth"

I need movie that give me the same feels the man from earth did.
Is there honestly a comfier movie in the whole history of the Kinographer ?
> Set in a comfy caban in the woods
> Whole movie is friend talking
> Set by a comfy open fire
> Actors set on comfy couchs with comfy blankets
> Good alchools and a little bit of food
> Character in circle
> The night slowly descend upon them while they are protected by their comfy cabin
> A little bit of mystery to keep you hooked on the film
I watched it yesterday in my bed with the blankets on and it was such a pleasurable experience.
I need more movies like theses

The Ninth Gate is my comfy movie. It happens all over the place but it's still mostly about Johnny Depp hanging out and drinking gin and smoking while looking through old books

After The Fall

I saw this every time. I'll give it a watch then.
I don't know why but sometimes just the title, the poster, or some pictures can steer me off a movie.
It's like a carnal power deep inside me.
Beisde i like occults kinos
This doesn't seems comfy at all, care to explain ?
Watched it when i was a lil kid

I saw this recommended every time i make a comfy thread **

hercule poirot tv series is pretty comfy

man from earth has got to be up there for one of the most pleasantly surprised movies i watched so far

gods must be crazy is a comedy movie about a native (from South African or something) 's journey to return a coke bottle to the god because it harms his tribe's harmony

It was my favorite when I was a kid.
Helped that Poirot came from the same country as me.
But know I don't find them so appealing anymore :(
I don't know why

I was looking for a comfy movie, and only read two lines of OPs greentext so i wouldn't get spoiled.
I'm a few minutes into the movie, and i can't describe this comfy feeling i'm getting so far.

Man told you !
This movie is the cinematic equivalent of a bed side story
Or one of those scout story that you tell around a camp fire.
They only had to reel you in with a mistery and then you are hooked for the entire duration

Quiet Earth. Comfy masterpiece.

I can also confirm man from earth is top comfy. 12 angry men is a very similar great movie you might enjoy

Oh yeah.
I put if off cuz I watched just the end of the theatratical adaptation and it spoiled me the end of the movie

Is it frightening? I can't stand scary kino

The Man from Earth is the ultimate pleb detector.

It's for people who feel "smart" after watching it without realising how fucking atrocious it is.
It's like a bad cheesy B movie from the 90s. The only redeeming factor is the intriguing backstory, literally every other film element is utter dogshit.

From the mexican telenovela like acting, generic stock soundtrack, no character development, no actual dialogue just a long exposition Q&A throughout, constant boring back to back camerawork, no use of the one room, no creative lighting, a side love story pulled out of the ass, most cliche character traits, literally everything. I had to look up twice that it actually was from 2007, not early 90s.
This shit shouldn't even be a movie, it should be a book or a play. Or given to some other director because Richard Schenkman doesn't even know what a director is.
Just look at any other movie in his profile, everything is a meme (pic related)

And don't tell me they had no budget, 200 000$ is not small budget for this kind of movie. There are far superior movies with half the budget of that.

This movie has no artistic value whatsoever. It is just an excuse to make money from the script.
You will never see a renowned director admire this movie because there is nothing to admire except the concept.

Just try to compare this movie to let's say 12 Angry Men, both set in one room. The difference is almost laughable.

no, more like thriller/suspense with twists.
would recommend, yearly watch for me since '99

The movie as a movie suck yeah.
The dialogue are goods
The acting wasn't bad, just the actors (discount fishburn, washed up motorbiker for the womanizer, discount tranny for the two girls)
The rest is genius. Honestly it show that you don't need talent to make a good film
Just have a good story, actors that don't suck or over play, comfy setting and you'll have your success
Sure it's not an artsy movie but i'd take The man from earth over any movie the MCU has ever produced

It doesn't even have a good plot or story, only interesting backstory.
Did you really like the ending? The old fart having a heart attack? The shoved in romantic interest too? The first 15 minutes of cringy character setup?

Also being better than some capeshit isn't much either.

Yes it had a good story.
The alternative story of Jesus wtf. What story more important could you find ?
The ending was a way to prove that this wasn't bullshit. It also was an important episode for him because for the first time he is addressing what it's like to be him, what it's like to lose your child.
The shoved romantic interest really wasn't. And it showed that after all he still has faith and the courage to be human.
Nothing was cringy at all except the old motor biker who's supposed to fuck 10/10 student.

The only gripe if have with this film is that why the fuck did her love interest had to be romanticaly involved with the black guy ? They were perfect bro and know we have to know that he fucked him up just to have another bitch he'll have to abandon along the way.
The movie with a 10/10 direction would be pure unadultered kino and you know it
> Also being better than some capeshit isn't much either.
Yes it is. This movie is more enjoyable that everything hollywood produce. You have to go to the alt film or artsy movie to see something better than that.
It really display a sad state of affaire when you realize that a movie with no budget and no direction is better than what "talented" people produce

Just finished it. 11/10. I thought he was actually joking but holy shit. That twist at the end was heavy. It did seem kind of weird at the end, looking back, how casual the woman was when he died.
Checking this out next.

Well I liked it for what it was, user.