I tried watching Blade Runner about a year ago but gave up on it because I got distracted with other stuff about 30...

I tried watching Blade Runner about a year ago but gave up on it because I got distracted with other stuff about 30 minutes in.

Should I bother re-watching it from the very start again? I don't think I remember the details of what happens in the first half hour.

Other urls found in this thread:

gavinrothery.com/my-blog/2011/10/1/a-matter-of-electric-sheep.html
youtube.com/watch?v=5A3JkjScUKY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good film but overhyped desu.

You're really such a busy person you can't afford to rewatch the first 30 minutes of a film?
It's amazing you're on a board about films when you have such a short attention span

u need 2 up ur b8 game son

It's because I thought it was pretty boring desu

I'm not really sure what I expected from Blade Runner, but it wasn't what I watched.

Watched yesterday for the first time. Pretty boring and meh-tier

I know you're baiting for us to call you an ADHD retard, but I won't bite.

I'm not baiting at all senpai

My favorite movie of all time is Lawrence of Arabia, and at almost 4 hours in length most people would zone out pretty quickly, but I was enjoying it the whole way through.

Boring and plodding af desu.

>inb4 you saw the wrong version that is 18 seconds shorter than the international version.

I had the same thing, never bothered to watch it again. I feel it's kind of overhyped.

Slow as fuck and I sat through koyaanisqatsi 9 times.

Rewatched it last night and i loved every single second of it, it didnt drag at all.

You guys are just queers.

I watched it yesterday for the first time, and I was pleasantly surprised.
I expected overhyped garbage, like usualy with cult classics from 30+ years ago.
Instead, I got fantastic visuals, I couldn't believe the film was shot and produced in 1982, and interesting themes.
The plot itself was slow, so I can see why people with less attention span would find boring, and it wasn't that good. But it wasn't the point. The point was the setting, the tone, the visuals, the music, and the themes. The way they kinda leave it ambiguous whether Deckard is a replicant or not was a smart move.

Give this short thingy a read. It really enhanced the film for me and gave me a lot extra to think about.
>gavinrothery.com/my-blog/2011/10/1/a-matter-of-electric-sheep.html

Thanks, I haven't read this particular article before yet, but I did come across this theroy already, and to be honest this is the only reason I don't outright dismiss the idea that he was a replicant.

Otherwise I found the idea to be unnecessarily pushed hard by fans who want it to be more deep than it really was, because from the plot's perspective it really didn't matter at all, and the film didn't focus on it at all. However, this theroy is very convincing, and it actualyl does make it possible to interpret the movie either way, which suits the theme very well.

Now the sequel has every chance to fuck this up. Hopefully they will leave it still ambiguous, but then I guess the fans will be super pissed. On a second thought, they will be super pissed either way. You can't just create a sequel 35 years alter and expect everybody to like it.

fucking children...

shut the fuck up faggot

You should definitely give up watching anything more envolved than FoxNews

What is this gay shit?

Okay so I just finished watching Blade Runner for the first time, but I don't get it.

What exactly didnt you get?

How are people coming to the conclusion that Deckard is a replicant? What's with the unicorn and the origami? Why does Roy save Deckard's life? Why does Roy kiss Tyrell?

people come to that conclusion BECAUSE of th origami
edward james olmos' character left a unicorn, something deckard only dreams about, so the assumption is that his memories are implanted just like how he knew rachels memories, because how else would he know that deckard dreamt of unicorns

More hints: Gaff (the weird guy with the hat) shouts at the end 'You've done a man's job, Deckard', which is portentious in the extreme.

Deckard is surprisingly physically resilient, able to take multiple blows from physically enhanced combat replicants without dying.

Deckards car is modified so that it cant fly (You remember Gaff has to drive him everywhere when they fly places), which implies that the police department want to keep a close eye on him. Possibly, for example, because they know hes a Replicant.

as long as were talking about deckard being a replicant; that theory is pretty much BTFO by Deckard being in BR 2049 right? Unless they pull some bullshit like hes an earlier model that can live longer or something stupid like that

Roy saves Deckards life because why would he bother killing him?

Roy isnt really a machine, hes effectively a person just with immature emotional development. He laughs at inappropriate times, has heavy mood swings and is cruel to others because of this emotional inexperience caused by his young age (4 years).

Roy only emotionally matures at the very end of the film, when he reflects that when a person dies all of their moments and experiences go with them. These are the things that makes them human (and the things Roy wants more than anything else in the world). So Roy realises the value of human life only a few seconds before he dies, and decides to save Deckards life as a result.

in my opinion anyway

what i like about blade runner is that Roy is just as complex a character as the rest of the cast, and isnt 1 dimensionally evil. All he wants is extra life for him and his friends, and he has the emotional maturity of a small child warring with the functional intelligence of an adult and the physical ability of a demigod inside his skull.

Its enough to drive anyone crazy.

So how is Deckard so old in Blade Runner 2049? Isn't he supposed to be dead?

Watched for the first time last night. Well first time since I was about 5. It's kino.

I like this very much
>You're probably wondering why I look like deckard - I designed him
Or some bullshit like that, Alien 3/TNG style

if that happens i will shoot myself

get ready breh

Did anyone actually like the trailer?

Just watched for the first time the other day. It's okay, the effects look great, the setting is great, but beyond that I didn't really care much for what was going on. It is overhyped so much though.

Just watch the last 15 mins

no

Go watch the final cut. Don't be a pleb, Blade Runner is one of the greatest sci-fi films of all time.

The soundtrack alone is worth watching it. Good film. My only gripe is android rape.

whats the best cut? ive only seen the final.

WAKE UP. TIME TO DIE.
That replicant literally woke me up while sleeping thru this snoozefest when he said that.

reminder how lucky we are to have the final cut rather than the one which was released in theatres

youtube.com/watch?v=5A3JkjScUKY

look at this shit

Watched it yesterday. Was great

It's a pity that Scott decided later on to imply that Deckard was a replicant, because it kinda takes away one of the main themes: namely, how much more moral and strong replicants are compared to humans.

You're right that it's boring, so boring Harrison Ford looks like he's falling asleep