The American Dream

What did he mean by this?

He meant to make money by making edgy yet superficial remarks about contemporary life that resonate with people who are intelligent enough to not simply take society at face value but too stupid to realize that doing that doesn't mean they're intelligent.

fpbp

People who worship carlin as some great philosopher are no better than the people he made fun of.

>As if Carlin didn't help people swallow some of their first redpills.

He meant the idea that died in 1973 due to the gas crisis and people realizing they will never be truly happy

>literally famous for being your average old, unmarried armchair philosopher who hangs out in the bookstore for hours without buying anything

Carlin is the most overrated """"comedian""""

>Not liking Carlin is edgy
??????

Considering his soft red pilling methods? Yah. The guy did more then every other comic of his time to bring the ugly stupid fat face of America to the front and center.

I am not claiming he is god tier philosopher. But to say the guy is shit tier is fucking retarded (((blue pill))) nonsense.

Name one comedian that came even close to Carlin?

>Name one comedian that came even close to Carlin in terms of soft red pilling methods?

Doug Stanhope

He said comedian

Wow, so edgy. rly makes u think

The only good thing he ever did was Bill & Ted.

He was experimenting to see how trite he could be.

It means that the American Dream is a fantasy. That reality stands in it's way. It's a pipedream. A lie.

A carrot on a stick.

Carlin was great pre 1988. After that he got angry and frustrating to listen to

It's when I come across a thread like this, I realize Sup Forums is mostly college-aged or younger. Fuckin kids these days...

Carlin is god-tier, maybe it's a little dated in the "current year" but this was counter-counter culture shit back in the day.

Can't blame the guy. Can you imagine what it must have been like to stand on stage after stage dropping truth bombs wrapped in comedy and everyone just laughs like retards? That would make anyone angry and frustrated.

Spotted the christcuck.

Nobody gets triggered by Carlin more than religious niggers.

Dank memes bro