Elon Musk's Master Plan is for AI to drive all vehicles

Elon Musk, the world's hero, recently shat on criticisms of his self-driving vehicle plans.

“The easy decision would be to, or easier, I suppose, from the standpoint of minimizing attacks and criticism, would be to delay it and try to wait for some point where it’s theoretically better,” Mr. Musk said of Autopilot. “But if you wait for any point past the point that it’s better than the cars that exist, you’re making a decision to kill people with statistics.”

Face it bloodbrain animals, your time behind the wheel is up.

Mr Musk, who made his first fortune as a co-founder of PayPal, used Twitter to reveal his four-point plan to “create solar roofs with seamlessly integrated battery storage; expand the electric vehicle product line to address all major segments; develop a self-driving capability 10 times safer than manual driving; and enable your car to make money for you when you aren't using it”.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare-earth_magnet
youtube.com/watch?v=lpnRngAVgz4
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=jKfwHsHUdVc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what's his plan when lithium mines dry up?

>BTFOING ALL MEATBRAINS
>I-I-I like to drive... faggots BTFO

Mr Musk said there was “no reason to build an even cheaper car than the Model 3”, because Tesla was in “early stage development” of a new style of buses, which he described as “high passenger-density urban transport”.

The entrepreneur sketched out a world where autonomous driving technology would eliminate drivers, while buses would become smaller and adopt the hop-on, hop-off feature of London's Routemasters.

“Traffic congestion would improve due to increased passenger areal density by eliminating the centre aisle and putting seats where there are currently entryways, and matching acceleration and braking to other vehicles, thus avoiding the inertial impedance to smooth traffic flow of traditional heavy buses,” Mr Musk said.

recycling.

modern rechargeable batteries are too valuable to be thrown away.

Lithium is abundant.

You should be talking about.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare-earth_magnet

Rare Earths, are not actually rare.

They just haven't been mined for specifically before. There is also the problem of China controlling the world market in Rare Earths. They prevent new mining operations from opening, by dumping stockpiles onto the market and causing prices to crash.

>tfw in the future the government will be a formality and corporations will control all travel and access to information

I don't like this future Anons

>no reason to build
because it can't be done and he has to make excuses

You just wait for asteroid mining.

That's where SpaceX comes into play, user

>AI
Already raising our kids desu senpai
youtube.com/watch?v=lpnRngAVgz4

nevermind anyway, The only rare thing Tesla's use are lithium and cobalt.

China controls the market because we let them. The US has significant assets in lithium and rare earth, but we won't touch them. We're deliberately bleeding the foreign supply as long as they're willing to sell it off cheap.

China are the yellow jew. They have absolutely no concern for long-term sustainability or ecological damage as long as it means a shekel today.

Nope

Because the cost of cars becomes less meaningful in an autonomous network. Each car is utilized more in an autonomous network so other features are more important than minimizing cost.

Everyone on the low end of cars will use a car network and not own one.

He is smart not targetting something cheaper than the 3.

Reminds me of oil

Oil is fucking worth $1 a barrel in 2030.

There is no logical reason to sit on any natural resource at this point in time. Abundance is more likely than scarcity in the immediate future.

Recycling.
Or do elements "go bad"?
And I'm sure that nothing better than lithium will ever be engineered. After all- wax, vinyl, magnetic tape, optical lasers were only stepping stones until we found the ultimate and last storage device in flash memory...right?

Tesla Master Plan Excerpts

heavy-duty trucks and high passenger-density urban transport. Both are in the early stages of development at Tesla and should be ready for unveiling next year. We believe the Tesla Semi will deliver a substantial reduction in the cost of cargo transport, while increasing safety and making it really fun to operate.

With the advent of autonomy, it will probably make sense to shrink the size of buses and transition the role of bus driver to that of fleet manager. Traffic congestion would improve due to increased passenger areal density by eliminating the center aisle and putting seats where there are currently entryways, and matching acceleration and braking to other vehicles, thus avoiding the inertial impedance to smooth traffic flow of traditional heavy buses. It would also take people all the way to their destination. Fixed summon buttons at existing bus stops would serve those who don't have a phone. Design accommodates wheelchairs, strollers and bikes.

all Tesla vehicles will have the hardware necessary to be fully self-driving with fail-operational capability,

When true self-driving is approved by regulators, it will mean that you will be able to summon your Tesla from pretty much anywhere. Once it picks you up, you will be able to sleep, read or do anything else enroute to your destination.

You will also be able to add your car to the Tesla shared fleet just by tapping a button on the Tesla phone app and have it generate income for you while you're at work or on vacation

takeaway

Tesla will start competing in the Semi-truck / logistical arena.

Tesla will create a "fleet" app to rent rides from autonomous taxi vehicles. Allowing owners to add their cars to the fleet while not using it.

Tesla is way better positioned than existing automakers to make a clean transition to the ride share fleet model.

>U.S. has 95% of the planets helium supply stored in tanks in old salt mines. Because, you know- it could someday be strategic to have a fleet of dirigibles, and we can be one step ahead and dominate every one else...

guess you don't want to make anything really cold. no more deep sea diving. used in certain lasers.

we would have to subsidize the lithium and rare earth market in the USA. to protect it against Chinese market manipulations.

>Tesla is way better positioned than existing automakers to make a clean transition to the ride share fleet model

This is true. But the other automakers deserve credit for seeing which way the wind is blowing. They're trying to work out autonomy and fleet movement now, rather than defend an obsolete system tooth and nail.

I heard on the radio that Google made eyes that can drive cars on there own

Problem with this is that it will homogenize out accidents.

Some drivers have less accidents than others. The average AI driven car may be safer than the average driver, but what if you are one of the safer drivers? You become more likely to have an accident just so that the "average" driver has less accidents?

I'm pretty sure google will buy Tesla some day.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Google has the cash to make their own cars. They aren't interested in doing that. They just want to sell the automation hardware to car companies.

It depends on self-driving architecture.

It will probably allow human take-over whenever you want for a very long time. Similar to how Tesla does it now.

The model of how it works can vary tremendously depending on how good the technology is. For instance the full autonomous takeover could be enforced in high density traffic so that traffic jams are avoided, but full human control on side streets.

How is a car supposed to self drive in Canada when modern GPS's can't even get 70% of the roads

They will be paying for the Brand.

AI efficacy increases the more people there are using it. You stop being one of the safe ones when everyone else is moving according to a smooth pattern.

Sounds good to me this is the end of DUIs as we know it based musk

Sensors on every face of the vehicle.

Mate, how is that going to help, have you been to Canada in the winter? I have sensors on my car that beep when you get too close to something, you should hear it during a snow storm

"oh look every direction is blizzard"
thanks robot car

These companies are aiming to make autonomous cars safer than the best drivers in the world. That combined with all the cars sharing/downloading millions of miles of data.

>Tfw driving at night in a blizzard
>Looks like going through hyperspace in starwars

LIDAR is effective even in bad conditions like blizzards and that's just one of the technologies they use. Seriously, the amount of sensors in a modern car is ridiculous.

It is absolutely retarded that the average person is allowed to operate a 1 ton piece of machinery that is able to go speeds in excess of 100km an hour. I can't wait for self-driving cars because people will finally be able to look back and see just how idiotically barbaric this era was in regards to safety. You at Indians for shitting on the streets while you figdet with your smartphone going 90 down a freeway

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=jKfwHsHUdVc

They don't use it in cars and I doubt it'll be effective in a blizzard

Yeah, it could work in a city, no doubt, but Canada isn't cities, its rural areas.

Tell me how it's going to work when this is normal for me 4 months of the year

This is cool and all, but fuck man it would kill so many jobs

this car is using esp and aimbot, i wouldnt let it into my car clan.

They work in snow.

Not before his new love interest cleans him out.

The technology to guide forklifts down narrow aisles has been around for thirty or forty years- they work through four inches of concrete- you don't think it'll work through six inches of snow?

Is Musk red-pilled?

Yes, well as red-pilled as someone like him can get.

He understands genetic determinism and is from south africa.

It'll be awesome to be able to not have to think about driving so I can play video games or shitpost on Sup Forums.

It would also be awesome to feel a lot safer on the road, there are so many stupid drivers on the road.

fuckin tired of these musk shills on Sup Forums lately

>voluntary giving up the freedom to drive and millions of jobs

i might as well be on fucking reddit if i see this cuck-tier shit on here

*voluntarily

Elon Musk is a faggot. Put your stupid AI telsa against the drift king on the touge. Let see what happens. Hell any of us EG6 drivers can wipe the floor with the telsa during a gum tape death match.

>freedom to drive

Driving is an obnoxious chore.

>and millions of jobs

Adapt or die. We're not holding technology back for a bunch of seatwarmers who don't feel like cracking open a book.

forgot my picture.

>truck drivers
>cab drivers

>get fucked, labor

>Adapt or die. We're not holding technology back for a bunch of seatwarmers who don't feel like cracking open a book.

This guy. As if all jobs are replaceable by technology. Ever seen a robot renovate a 500 year old house?

>Ever seen a robot renovate a 500 year old house?

Give it a decade.