>"Wow that was pretty great"
>Go about my life for the rest of the evening
>Go to sleep
>Whenever i close my eyes i think about the film and see scenes in front of me
>Suddenly filled with existential angst
>Even dream about the film
>Wake up and get a panic attack

Am i dying, lads?

No, you're having a real human experience for once in your life. Art just moved you to the core of your beign.

>Am i dying, lads?
Nah you just watched an Haneke film, that's a normal reaction. This man's a genius.

Yes but we all are user.

I started crying five minutes after I finished watching Amour. Just out of nowhere. It was like suddenly the floodgates were open.

haha no

I love when I read a post like this that actually makes me finally go check out the film.

>This man's a genius.
DUDE FUCK THE WEST LMAO

>Haneke thread
>Le white genocide fag comes in and ruins everything

Haneke movies are ruined from the offset 14 year old edgelord philosophy. It's only fitting that the threads are just as morally reprehensible and unreadable.

what do you watch?

Saw this one, liked it a lot. Which ones should I check next?

white ribbon

I watch everything that interests me, peabrain. I've watched all of Haneke, all of Tarr, all of Herzog, all of LVT.

No it's just the first time you've experienced actual kino

>from the offset 14 year old edgelord philosophy.

Like what?

How about the entirety of Funny Games? Benny's Video? The Pianist?

>being this much of a tryhard baby
lmaoing at u

The Pianist is Roman Polanski, so idk what you're saying desu

And Funny Games basically just said that we're perverts for finding violence in movies entertaining, which at the core is kind of true. We can distance ourselves and compartmentalize it easily because it's fiction and suddenly it becomes entertainment. It's not really an offset 14 year old edgelord philosophy. I'm not saying i agree completely but i think it's an interesting look.

Happy End is an upcoming film by Michael Haneke. It has been selected to compete for the Palme d'Or at the 2017 Cannes Film Festival.[2] A drama about a family set in Calais with the European refugee crisis as the backdrop.

>constantly makes films critiquing the comfort of western bourgeoisie, encourages white guilt while idealizing other ethnicities; His estimated net worth is around 25 million USD / does he welcome the migrants in his luxurious neighborhood? (complete hypocrisy & lack of self-awareness)

There is a small dish in front of him containing several carefully sliced chunks of fresh pineapple. He spears one with a cocktail stick and pops it in his mouth. "Of course," Haneke says, eyes twinkling as he chews. "I'm a very bad person. There is just as much evil in all of us as there is good. We're all continuously guilty, even if we're not doing it intentionally to be evil. Here we are sitting in luxury hotels, living it up on the the backs of others in the third world. We all have a guilty conscience, but we do very little about it."

His mother Beatrix von Degenschild was an actress and a daughter of the local aristocracy. His father walked out before Haneke was 3. Beatrix married again to Alexander Steinbrecher, an Austrian Jew composer (also became the stepfather of Christoph Waltz after Beatrix's death).

What are some other great old Kino movies?

The Piano Teacher, retard

>Says wrong movie title, which happens to be a different critically acclaimed movie
>I'm the retard

Besides, what the fuck do you think the philosophy behind The Piano Teacher was?

Because to me it just looked like a story about a guy who gets romantically involved with a Piano Teacher and enters a world of sexual paraphilia that he never wanted to take part in or know about, that he can't understand and that sickens him.

No the Piano Teacher is about a well to do white woman who turns out to be disgusting.

Benny's Video is about a well to do white family whose son is a murderer.

Cache is about a well to do white family whose patriarch drives a meek brown man to suicide.

See a pattern?

that sounds like you're pretty selective about what you see in a film

>Grandma it's me! I'm here to get you out..
>oh that's wonderful dear

That is quite literally what happens in each of those films

what did he mean by this?

>existential angst
Only intellectuals like me have this feeling. Stupid normies are too busy having fulfilling life experiences to know what's this like. My soul is like a tormented artist.I drift slowly into the abyss.

try watching this while a parent is really sick.

had me shitting bricks for days.

There's no fucking juxtaposition about this in the Piano Teacher though, you might as well say that any film that stars a white character who turns out to be mentally ill or has some other pathology at work is a conspiracy against the white race you dumbo

Why not make the movie about a mentally ill poor immigrant?

not him but Haneke is entirely focused on class divides. that's literally the inspiration behind every film of his. try reading an interview or two.

his next film is literally about refugees in Calais

and nothing that examines class is anti white race. that's some Sup Forums reductio ad absurdum fearmongering bullshit.

>Haneke is entirely focused on class divides
And also being a manipulative bastard.

I clearly touched a nerve inside your subconscious.

Yes. Life is horrible and it only gets worse as you get older, and it even gets more painful, and you lose control of your faculties and you get dumber, and theres literally no hope and everything is miserable.

Possibly one of Haneke's more accessible films and one I found myself rewatching most, found it even more moving the second time round, surprised when I found out the old woman was the actress from hiroshima mon amour.
Maybe watch Szerelem, a Hungarian film, also about a ailing old lady.

Remind me: what color is the richest race in Europe?

Remind me: what does comparing first world to second and third world economies have to do with anything?

every film is manipulation. even documentaries. the edit is a lie.

The existential angst was more about never finding someone you truly connect with and stay by their side until the end of either of your lives.

And i say that because i actually felt like those two in this film, Anne and Georges didn't have a true connection and only stayed together for so long because of some conservative mindset.

Then again, maybe that wasn't actually the intention and it's just a side effect of Haneke's cold directing style, which would mean the film actually fucking failed. Who knows.

I agree, but there are lots of kinds of deception and manipulation. Haneke gets off on making his audience feel awful.

Ask that to haneke. It's his obsession

Amour is actually a terror film.

Can't wait to his Calais movie, hope it gets lots of BLACKED scenes

then you're just a faggot, romantic love always dwindles, doesn't matter how much you "truly connect" you stay together because being lonely is more painful, it easier on the mind to go through shit together, but its not because of love or whatever, that shit dies out quick

You could say he was a real human beign

making you feel awful is not inherently bad. it's why you feel awful that requires examination.

I personally didn't feel awful watching Hidden, for instance, because I had no clue about French-Algerian relations at the time. Now that I know I still don't feel awful because I'm not really the intended audience for its message, but I still appreciate it.

I also have problems with Funny Games, which denounces violence while using it to make compelling drama. That's my problem with him anyway.

that's not what he does.

Can't wait for the 2 hour guilt trip.

don't know bruh, the film was called love
i guess i felt like their relationship was pretty formal, but maybe that's just because of the time they were born in

maybe haneke is trying to teach you the anguish of being the ruler of all the world?

Being white means many things, and it hurts people, but all great men must leave little men in their wake. As the great Ego once told the middling Starlord.

you don't have to feel guilty if you have nothing to feel guilty about.

I mean the only people who would feel guilty watching White Ribbon is shitty kids.

because white people problems are more important

congratulations, you've cucked yourself

not saying love isn't real, but you better take off those rose-tinted glasses "bruh"
i think also that the formalness you refer to is what sustains long relationships ultimately, its just solid routines

sounds more like making the best of the things that are given to you

kino

OK, I see now
Sup Forumstard

lol

Not an argument

there were quite enough arguments already