Classic vs New

Let's look over the facts shall we, Sup Forums?
>ASM Spider-Man made his own costume (twice) and both times looked good
>CW Spider-Man had to have Iron Man make his costume
>ASM Spider-Man actually sounds like Spider-Man
>CW Spider-Man sounds like baby Anakin from Star Wars ep one
>ASM Peter actually looks like Peter Parker (especially Ramo's Spider-Man)
>CW Peter looks like Toby Maguire's retarded son
>ASM Spider-Man doesn't bow down to authority figures because they tell him to
>CW Spider-Man easily becomes Iron Fascist's Lapdog
>ASM Spider-Man actually tried to talk to his villains (like Electro)
>CW Spider-Man almost murdered Falcon (a ordinary human), Bucky, and Captain America without trying to talk them out of fighting
>ASM Spider-Man actually wears a real costume throughout the movies
>CW Spider-Man's cgi costume looks like something from Green Lantern or a ps1 game
>ASM Spider-Man is actually funny
>CW Spider-Man just says stuff is cool and make bad pop-culture jokes (doesn't even know what AT-ATs are called)
>ASM Spidey inspires people
>CW Spidey helps Iron Fascist lock heroes up
Amazing Spider-Man really is the best cinematic Spider-Man. Why did Sony get rid of him again?

I would have preferred they went with Miles over Peter for the 12th time. I mean, his story has been told so many times. Let someone else have a try! And maybe cast Donald Glover or Jaden Smith.

>Tom Holland hasn't publicly stated that Spider-Man should be gay

Checkmate.

Yeah, I was disappointed that Tony made the new costume for him and the webshooters with computers in them.

>Why did Sony get rid of him again?
Because Andrew Garfield cancelled on a corporate dinner presentation with Sony's CEO and executives an hour beforehand, leaving a noticeable gap in said presentation and frustrating said CEO. They were going to try and attempt a soft reboot of the character anyway with their Sinister Six movie they had planned before the MCU agreements.

>implying that wouldn't of brought something new to the character
>implying there's anything wrong with a guy spider-man
Sup Forums pls leave

*gay

/tumblr/ pls leave and become kill

Was Pascal the CEO?

because Spidey is not gay
make him bi if you want but don't Iceman retcon him into being in the closet for years
that was so fucking retarded

Go back to you bigoted containment board, Sup Forums

You liked this shit?

>CW Spider-Man had to have Iron Man make his costume

CW got it right. A broke ass kid from Brooklyn (no matter how smart) shouldn't be able to make an outfit that looks like it was made by tailors.

>ASM Spider-Man actually sounds like Spider-Man
>CW Spider-Man sounds like baby Anakin from Star Wars ep one

CW Spidey is a fifteen year old kid. He sounds perfect.

>ASM Peter actually looks like Peter Parker (especially Ramo's Spider-Man)
>CW Peter looks like Toby Maguire's retarded son

Holland looks fine. Garfield is a pencil headed prick.

>ASM Spider-Man doesn't bow down to authority figures because they tell him to
>CW Spider-Man easily becomes Iron Fascist's Lapdog

Because Stark is giving him opportunities and the resources to provide for his family and have a future.

>ASM Spider-Man actually tried to talk to his villains (like Electro)
>CW Spider-Man almost murdered Falcon (a ordinary human), Bucky, and Captain America without trying to talk them out of fighting

He was obviously engaging them in a non lethal manner. He was trying to subdue them. Not hurt them.

>ASM Spider-Man actually wears a real costume throughout the movies
>CW Spider-Man's cgi costume looks like something from Green Lantern or a ps1 game

The costume had to be CG to keep it under wraps so there wouldn't be set-photo leaks.

>CW Spider-Man just says stuff is cool and make bad pop-culture jokes (doesn't even know what AT-ATs are called)

Spidey's reactions and interactions were perfectly in character and consistently enjoyable.

>CW Spidey helps Iron Fascist lock heroes up

He wasn't aware of the bigger picture.

>Amazing Spider-Man really is the best cinematic Spider-Man.

No, he is not.

> Why did Sony get rid of him again?

Because the ASM movies were complete shit and Sony knew it. Hence why they struck a deal with Marvel.

no u

Okay you make a fair point, I disagree but whatever
>Ramos spiderman
Fuck right off

Why not? Making Spider-Man gay could be interesting. I don't see anything wrong with Spider-Man being gay (but then again, I'm not a bigot).
>I don't agree so therefore it's bait

Kaz Hirai actually.

you have to go back

>Classic
>ASM Peter actually looks like Peter
>ASM Spidey is actually funny
I kinda agree with the rest

Because it sucked and the only fan ase the managed to say they liked it were mongoloid teens with no regard for the source material or the true essence of what the Spider-Man character is. Just in a few lines of dialogue this kid manages to be the best live action adaptation of the character. Enjoy rewatching the same 2 shitty movies over and over again, cause thats all you're gonna get.

>gay Spider-Man

Same relationship issues except instead of Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy it's Flash Thompson or whatever. No interesting new angles.

And no, you can't explore the social angle in a world where gay men are considered so non-oppressed that LGBT student unions are holding votes to kick them out.

>CW got it right. A broke ass kid from Brooklyn (no matter how smart) shouldn't be able to make an outfit that looks like it was made by tailors.
Because we really need more Realism in our Men in Tights movies (which is why Superman can't have Red Trunks, WHO WILL TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY?). I mean yes he can climb walls and shoot webs but How Can This Webcrawler make Such Good Looking Costumes?!!! It's just too far out of the realm of belief!!!!

>Why did Sony get rid of him again?

B E C A U S E I T S U C K S

You seem Butthurt, user

You could have it take place in the past and hav Peter's gay lover killed by bigots.
*checkmate

Oh, you're one of those.
>inb4 HURR U DUN READ CAHMICS SPIDEY IS SUPPOSED TO BE OBNOXIOUS
Fuck off. His jokes in comics are obnoxious to the characters, not to reader. They may not be witty or funny most of the time, but they're at least trying to be and are not disgusting levels of clowning around as CROTCH and the whole "small knives" bit.

>you can't make it good because I say so
Woooow, Sup Forums. You should get something for that butthurt

>le Sup Forums boogeyman
you're the one who shouldn't be here faggot

But th movies still made money and ,despite Sup Forums's memes, people like Andrew.

I mean, Snyder's Justife League is still going on.

Why wasn't ASM3 and Sinister Six?

I didn't want to believe Sup Forumsmblr was real.
This was my favorite board.
Fuck.

>calling people a homophobic slur
Sigh, typical Sup Forums Response

>capitalization without punctuation
Newfag iphone poster pls.

Then go back to Sup Forums.

no u

>CW Spidey is a fifteen year old kid.
He sounds like a 5-year-old girl. Andrew actually sounds like Peter.

Dank Meme

>ASM
>Classic

Get the fuck out of here, underage.

Also, the reason Sony bailed on the ASM franchise is that, outside of Spidey himself and his relationship with Gwen, they screwed the pooch on pretty much everything else.

>>ASM Peter actually looks like Peter
It's true. Andrew looks just like him.

>Ramos's Spider-Man
>good
pick one

It's always hysterical when Sup Forums wanders out of their containment board and try to rationalize why everyone thinks they're autistic.

also
>Judging him before we even get to see his first solo movie
It's ok

Holland's Peter actually creates not only his own Web Shooters, as well as his own web fluid formula. Neither of the other movie Peters invented their own web fluid from scratch.

>Jaden Smith.

Jaden Smith can't fucking act why do people keep wanting him as Miles.

Looked better than CW's first Spidey costume.

Also it's actually real and not cgi'ed on all of his scenes.

plu I doubt he'll have to look up battars and electricity when it's his turn to fight electro
That entire post was bait user

Hand isn't that bad. He was good in The Karate Kid and The Pursuit of Happiness.
People just like to pretend he's worse than he really is because he made one bad movie and makes weird tweets.

The only thing that bothered me was being Stark's lapdog/attack dog. Didn't even get to hear Cap's perspective.

>Butthurt Cap fanboy

>they screwed the pooch on pretty much everything else
They made an accurate Lizard.
And they made a deep and complex Electro.
Harry was great and creepy.
Rhino looked cool.

>Butthurt Stark fanboy

Okay, how about this. Spider-Man Netflix show starring miles. In the first episode, it's shown that this is some sort of alternate universe in the future, where Peter established himself as a famous Superhero way before 2016, but then disappeared one day. Then there's Miles, who recently got bitten by a magic spider or whatever. He knows what happened to Peter, but he's not talking about it, and he's hesitant to get into the hero game. Eventually, he decides that enough is enough and he reveals that he actually has Peter's Webshooters for some reason, as well as a costume he's had hidden away but refused to use up until now.

And a big part of the show is about what happened to Peter, what secrets Miles is hiding, while following Miles' adventures as both a superhero and a student. Also, if possible, have MCU Peter appear through some kind of dimensional portal or something and they team up for one or two episodes before Peter goes back to his own dimension. A

>I know we're in the middle of a Captain America 3: Civil Warâ„¢, but I'd really like to hear your side of the argument sir.

>He sounds like a 5-year-old girl.

No, he sounds like a teenager, which is what he is.

> Andrew actually sounds like Peter.

He sounds like a character from a medium that has no audio?

Sounds good to me.

All of this except for Electro. Fuck Electro. And you know what? Fuck that mech Rhino too.

All of those things are factually incorrect.

Literally who cares about Miles? It sounds good but seriously, Miles?

he's 19 years old and sounds like a girl going through pubity

andrew doesn't sound like spider-man, he IS spider-man

Do Miguel first.

What was wrong with tle Lizard?
>inb4 muh snout

You forgot
>CW Spidey was a bigger marketing tool for what's to come then what ASM2 was.
He really had no right to be in the movie

>Netflix 2099
seems kinda impossible, but they did have a good looking future city in that Paralells movie. Though, 2099 was way more futurey than that

>Implying
I'm not complaining about Antman willingly becoming a criminal again and ruining his chances of seeing he's child, all for Cap's sake. Like you were with Spiderman

The problem is they need to keep that shit up constantly. Not just for one movie, but for twelve+ episodes. A movie would be more feasible, but Spidery 2099 isn't big enough to carry his own film. No one would risk it.

>Literally who cares about Miles?
the thousands of people who buy his comic and the thousands of people who aren't straight white males

>and the thousands of people who aren't straight white males
oh fuck off

Triggered much? ;)

no fuck you

Kevin Smith liked Holland Spidey.

Kevin Smith also liked Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Kevin Smith is weird.

>> Why did Sony get rid of him again?
>Because the ASM movies were complete shit and Sony knew it. Hence why they struck a deal with Marvel.

Correction

>Because Sony were doing Josh Trank tier level of creepy basketcase shit and they pissed off the koreans, so in retaliation they leak their Josh Trank tier creepy basketcase shit to the public so sony gave up let marvel had the rights back for a 50/50 deal.

Tough its now said that Marvel/Disney is now doing the solo film by themselves and let sony had the credit, cause sony hasnt learn any lesson from their cringy films, like Nughostbusturdss

CW spidey did his web, shooter and is a genius
ASM used the product of Oscorp, uses bing and needs to watch youtube videos of bateries
CW is a nice kid and takes care of Aunt May
ASM wanted to leave aunt may alone for Gwen

>Amazing Spider-Man really is the best cinematic Spider-Man. Why did Sony get rid of him again?
Because Andrew Garfield pissed off the higher ups

Is there anything he doesnt like?

Critics.

>But th movies still made money
Not enough to sustain it's universe

>Why wasn't ASM3 and Sinister Six?
Well besides that ASM2 sucked, the Sony e-mail leaks didn't help

Oh okay, this whole thread is bait. Never mind

this

but seriously, why do people keep trying to compare a 20 min version of a character with two other characters that had entire movies to develop (for better or worse)?

Yes he was fan service, but it didn't take away anything from the movie.

Better be bait. Spider-Man in all his career has been represented like an heterosexual man. Being gay is not something that would improve the character or give him something new, this not like Apollo and Midnighter where they sexual orientation is actually an important part of their characters and just like Spidey changing they sexual preferences wouldn't work

Of course it is
>Comparing Tom, "da bomb" Holland to Mr. Can't keep Gwen in the movies or real life

All I can comment on is the video isn't set to be playing and constantly stuck at 0:36 / 5:52. Not that hard to get right.

believe it or not Sup Forums, there are many people who actually like Miles

not everyone is a racist like you

I couldnt get past th fact that Miles beat BLACKHEART

Powers don't equal money or being a professional tailor, bub.

The ASM movies were so shitty they couldn't even complete a trilogy. That's all that really needs to be said.

They're abortions that most of us have already thankfully forgotten.

I think it did, because of the set up and execution.
>I know a guy
>Goes to Queens when he doesn't even know if he will say yes
What if he said no Tony? What would you have done then
Quality and quantity
It gets worse

Lizard's design was painfully PAINFULLY generic. A snout isn't required, but at least give him something else. Fins on his back perhaps. Maybe some color on his scales. I don't know. SOMETHING.

>he's 19 years old and sounds like a girl going through pubity

No, he sounds like a kid his age aught to.

>andrew doesn't sound like spider-man, he IS spider-man

No, he's a fugly looking tiny headed limey.

Yes, I know Holland is English as well

>he is spider-man
Keaton and romano sound like Spider-Man. Andrew sounds like Peter with a cold and unable to overcome Gwen, stalk her with his powers, wanting to go with her to London

I bet if Miles was white you wouldn't of cared.

And holland like this.
Checkmate, atheist

>Classic

But they made him look like the lizard, minus the snout which is required.

I would have actually. No fucking rookie superhero should be taking on, let alone beating Blackheart. Especially if they just have spider powers

he doesn't just have Spider powers, he also has his sting powers

try actually reading comics next time you complain about them

Yes, The Amazing Spider-Man movies are classic cinema and the classic Spider-Man movies.

> deep electro
Sure, i liked my rip off of edward nigma mixed with electro
>you saved my life but you get more attention than me so I'm going to kill you even when you are my idol
The incredibles did it a lot better
>rhino and the green goblin look good

Sure if you like 5 minutes goblin and 1 minuto rhino