Just rewatched Rogue One and I liked it a lot more 2nd time

Just rewatched Rogue One and I liked it a lot more 2nd time.

>liking Rogue One
What's up normalfag

I tried this with TFA and had the same results. But I hated that film when I first saw it. For R1, I don't care about the story, there isn't any interesting mysteries that need to be solved, it's connection to the other films is uninteresting, and the characters are almost totally forgettable.

I should add that I had very low expectations when I watched RO, and it didn't even meet them, while I was expecting a phenomenal film when I saw TFA, so of course I was disappointed.

Weird. I found TFA okayish when i first watched it but every rewatch makes the flaws more evident while R1 is still solid every time.

>well, the writers ran out of shit for me to do so I'm just going to stay back here and die for no reason whatsoever.
>Good luck and remember, DO IT FOR THE FORCE!!

He didn't want to hinder the girl escaping.

you rewatched tfa and liked it more???

wtf.. were you in a coma the first time? i dont think i could easily name 25 movies that suffer more on rewatch than that reheated garbage

>you rewatched tfa and liked it more???
I had high expectations when I watched it the first time.

I don't believe you.

What's not to believe? The most hyped movie perhaps in history, 95%+ on RT, more than enough time to make it good and little pressure to rush it, etc. How was I supposed to know it was going to be ANH with every change being for the worse?

>believing the hype
You should know better than that user, if you had seen any J.J. flick before, you knew what you were in for.

I didn't make that connection. I thought when it comes to a movie as important as Star Wars, the director is doing little more than putting some committee's decisions into effect, which is what the movie felt like, but not in a necessarily positive way.
Also, in my defense, I thought any concerns I should have because of the movie's background should be allayed because of the RT score, but I was naive enough to think that RT scores were actually determined by quality.

I'm excited to see how Rian Johnson does with TLJ. Looper was decent, at least compared to TFA.

>Looper was decent, at least compared to TFA.
or anything else JJ has ever done desu

To be fair, J.J. was the safe choice since he's great at mimicking the style of something nostalgic. His weakness is that he's a bland fuck with no talent of his own.

I have higher hopes for Johnson since Looper was okay, but i don't know the guy. I wonder what good is the rest of his filmography?

He was low on oxygen anyway.

Brick and the Breaking Bad episodes he did were good.

I HEAT YOU!
I HEAT YOU WITH EVERY FIBRE OF MY CARPET!
I CANNOT SIT YOU!
I LOOT YOU!
YOU ARE THE CANCER ON A MONKEY'S FLEA-INFESTED BUTT!
FACT YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

He was a man with a mission.

And his mission was to die.

just remember: you're wrong, and we are right. we will prove it to you if you watch our exclusive Rogue One commentary.

I disliked it on second viewing.

>he doesn't want to hinder an escape
>to escape all he needs to do is get on the space plane
what, his fat ass was going to weigh them down so much that they couldn't acheive escape velocity?