Russia General

Redpill me on the Cossaks. I've been during a little research and I feel as if the guys a plotting something big.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reply_of_the_Zaporozhian_Cossacks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> inb4 typo

* these guys are plotting something big

Don't know too much about the Cossacks, except they are based defenders of the Russian homeland.

not much going on in that conflict presently, mostly a frozen conflict or stalemate in the DNR/LNR.

THEY WUZ HACKERS!!!!

They suck in Mount and blade fire and sword

Russians are bro tier!

Pretty much this/.

мoй бpaт cкaзaл - пpaвдa

cингaпyp и poccия - дpyзья!

гopжycь poccиeй!

Russian equivalent of American frontiersmen, originally from southern Russia/Ukraine, they played a key role in Russian colonization of Siberia. Czarist Russia being what it was, they had certain social/political privileges that distinguished them from the serfs, and so they developed an identity and culture.

the cossacks were collectives of warriors living mostly in southwestern russia. the name cossacks comes from turkic roots, which is not surprising considering their proximity to the ottomans and native people of the caucasus. ethnically, they were mixed. russian, caucasus natives, even germans.

in the 17th century, the cossacks had an autonomous state at war with poland-lithuania. Eventually, they agreed to serve the russian tsar. since then, they were reorganized many times. they were most prominent in the 19th century, when they fought in the napoleonic wars, the crimean war and russo-japanese war.

in the 20th century, their last battles would be during the civil war, when almost all cossack collectives fought against the communists. not surprisingly, all traditional cossack houses were banned after the bolsheviks won. in ww2, stalin created some old cossack units for patriotic imagery's sake, to be disbanded some years later.

They were basically the buffer and the conquerors. For this they were granted almost ultimate freedom. They were really on their own and mostly self susteinable. They just decided that they're answerind to the czar\emperor.

Most of them were killed during revolutuion and civil war, those who survived were practically eliminated by communists.

Today about 90% of them are just larping clowns who bought their place in the ranks and have no lineage, remaining 10% in the southern regions are the real deal and are tough no bullshit motherfuckers.

Most of active Registered Cossacks is a clowns in assorted made-up uniforms with shiny but meaningless medals and badges. Some, however, have real combat experience in Caucasus and Ukraine.
'Real' Cossacks are belongs to pre-revolution time, Soviet regime effectively destroyed their tradition. Modern Registered Cossacks is rather an imitation.
Of course, there is a regions full of cossack descendants, but they just a regular guys.

he's mocking people like you

Is it true, are you mocking us? How could you play with my heart like that

Дpyзья нaвceгдa, мoй бpaт!

Cossacks make sure immigrants from the badlands behave themselves, EU should take notes.

Also,

Zaporozhian Cossacks to the Turkish Sultan!

O sultan, Turkish devil and damned devil's kith and kin, secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight are you, that can't slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil excretes, and your army eats. You will not, you son of a bitch, make subjects of Christian sons; we've no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, fuck your mother.

You Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, pig of Armenia, Podolian thief, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, an idiot before God, grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw your own mother!

So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. You won't even be herding pigs for the Christians. Now we'll conclude, for we don't know the date and don't own a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year with the Lord, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

- koshovyi otaman Ivan Sirko, with the whole Zaporozhian Host.

TL;DR
Shoo shoo turkroach.

Really Barry?

”kazak berjot što ploha ležit”
"Cossack takes what is loosely attached."

Our president said that in a speech to cadets, meaning that if national defence is lacking in any way then some cyka blyat from the east would go to squat there and claim it as their own.

Is Russian worth learning? I can speak Spanish and English.

Kek did they really do this?
Source?

Funny and true. How do Finns see Russia, is there any fear of a classic Russian border expansion or?

Yep, Mehmet thought he could scare them into submission.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reply_of_the_Zaporozhian_Cossacks

I have family from the area, they're real proud of this shit.

>is there any fear of a classic Russian border expansion

Did someone say fear of a classic Russian border expansion?

Not unless you're planning to live in Russia. If you're looking to learn another language for no particular reason, French or German would be better, and much easier than learning Cyrillic.

Cossacks conquered Siberia

I tried learning dutch and swedish a while back but it seems pretty useless. Might try german

Want to start learning Serbian as a way to start with Slavonic languages, any tips or advice?

It would be quite a bit easier than something like Russian since we use both the Alphabet and Cyrillic, but unless you're planning on moving or working(lol) here, I don't recommend it.

I mostly wanted to learn Cyrillic.

Could I ask you what Serbs think of joining EU/NATO etc.

I wouldn't call it fear, more like accepting the reality of the situation. During the cold war we had to juggle between neutrality, trade deals with the Soviets and wanting to be part of the free western world. In the end of the day, Russia is a huge country next to us that is not going anywhere so having beneficial trade relations with them and at the same time maintaining adequate defense are not mutually exclusive.