Was it overrated? I haven't seen it yet and I'm wondering if its worth a look this weekend

Was it overrated? I haven't seen it yet and I'm wondering if its worth a look this weekend

but all the hype is making me wonder if this is just a hype trainwreck that is being advertised everywhere to make up for bad plot

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zVX0kjFZa9s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fantastic movie. I cried at the end, and for reference: I don't cry over fictional characters or situations.

Drax and Yound were the heart of the movie.

Ya agreed

The plot was indeed bad. But then again the same can be said for the first's cookie cutter mcguffin story.

> I don't cry over fictional characters or situations.
Guardians of the Galaxy are real, proof right here

It's a really character-driven thing. There's not much of an overarching plot. The characters are never aiming to do anything. It's all just reactionary on their part. It's just all the characters getting a lot of screen time, their own arcs, and interacting with each other for 2 hours. If you enjoy the characters, you'll really enjoy the movie.

I was worried they were going to go completely overboard with baby Groot bullshit, but it wasn't that bad.

inb4 shillcalling

It was pretty good. Solid sequel to the first with probably a better soundtrack.

>watching anything made by disney and being old enough to browse Sup Forums

not getting enough omega-3 or what? What is wrong with your brain

The only problem with the movie is that the next one is set four years later. I want to see the characters grow.

I hate Disney, and associating James Gunn's talent with that shitter company is an insult in every regard. Yes, the company executives probably had their way with the movie but it still turned out a heartfelt space comedy with an incredibly emotional ending.

>I hate disney
>but I watch their movies
okay shill.

>james gunn
>talent

Good argument.

SHILL THREAD SHILL THREAD

ALERT ALERT

SHILL THREAD SHILL THREAD

THESE ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS

THESE ARE NOT BIG GUYS

THEY ARE SHILLS

SHILL THREAD

SHILL THREAD

ALERT

ALERT

BE WARNED

YOU ARE BEING MARKETED TOO

YOU ARE BEING SOLD SOMETHING

YOU ARE SUBHUMAN TO THESE PEOPLE

ONLY A DATA POINT

SHILL THREAD

SHILL THREAD

ALERT ALERT

The plots terrible, the comedy is really forced in some parts, the villian is stadnard marvel stuff, everyones conflicts gets resolved in 5 minutes and it feels like they like they've upped the ante so many times they've hit a ceiling in terms of how storng villians can be

That being said there are some funny bits and meryl was quite good. I guess i'm just sick of marvel films so i'd give it a 4/10 desu

It was horrible and childish

I wasn't arguing nigger.

I'm right. You're a niggershill who should be castrated. What is your home address I'm already on my way to the airport you nigger I'm gonna fucking kill you

It's Hands down the Heart and soul of the entire MCU.

>liking things is automatically marketers
>ironic shitposting memers are automatically marketers
>people from reddit are automatically marketers
>people marketing movies to us are automatically marketers

You're a marketer, I'm a marketer, we're all marketers down here.

First movie:
Rocket and Quinn are the center of comedy.

Second movie:
Drax is. Fucking Drax is.

I don't know why they even had Chris Pratt in this one because he basically phoned it in. He wasn't the focal point of the movie at all in comparison to the first. Even in the Ego/Star Lord scenes everyone's just wondering who the fuck Ego is. There was also no buildup for the finale. I don't think Yondou even talked to Quinn at all until the final battle.

Whats with the captial h

It's actually underrated

OP here, thanks for giving me the laugh I wanted. Talking about anything popular always brings the butthurt out of Sup Forums

I liked the first one because it was a fun adventure movie with so funny jokes and characters.
Then the sequel, there is no adventure.
Like at all.
Others hang out on Ego's planet and the others sit in prison.
Star-Lord doesn't even get any fight scenes like he had in the original, and when he does, it's a Dragon Ball Z fight and not his clever use of gadgets and weaponry.
My favorite being Rocket becomes a complete total douche until Yondu has to yell at him telling him he's the same, which I admit was a good moment.
Yondu in general was probably the best parts of the movie.
One of the other parts I did like was when Drax is telling Mantis about his daughter, and then she feels him which leads to her crying.
Overall, I miss the adventure the first movie had.
You could cut everything out in between and cut to the chase with Ego to be honest.

Maybe they should overplot it to please your dumb ass. Like Jupiter Rising or some shit that absolutely FAILS everytime it's tried.

This is really disrespectful to the directors. Proof? IM3 is Shane Black, GotG is pure Gunn, Ultron is pure Whedon losing his balance, and Thor 2 doesn't work as well because of that GoT egotistical asshole.

4/10 wouldnt bang. Just stop watching and definitely stop coming into these threads.

This is a sequel. Unlike MoS to BvS where Superman didnt grow but regressed into a depressed asshole fascist for reasons.

True, this movie is not the same as the first, and that's a good thing. The first movie introduced the characters, this one developed them more.

My turds are tremendous.

Fantastic because you would need to delude yourself into a fantasy to believe that was a good film. I cried at the end too, because I witnessed the end of cinema.

You were paid to post this shill shit thread.

I personally don't care.

But you ARE a paid marketing shill.

We all know it.

Better than the first one for sure. Drax and Yondu were very good. Best parts of the movie. Some shitty references thrown in but otherwise very good. Beginning Groot scene was god awful.

The characters seemed to have retained nothing from the first film, Rocket wasn't nearly as much of an asshole in the first film and Drax's whole shtick was being a berserker that took things literally not finding everything hilarious

In this respect, it almost feels like The Big Lebowski of capeshit. Another comparison would be Star Trek Beyond.

>Rocket wasn't nearly as much of an asshole in the first film

I don't get this complaint at all, he was a mean little shit in the first movie, and he only went along with everyone because Groot did.

these anons have it right. it isn't the shittiest movie ever, but it has a ton of problems.

Another problem is when the two celestials fight in the end, they just fly around and punch each other even though the movie made it clear that they had the power to create pretty much whatever they wanted. The fight would have been much more interesting if it was a green lantern vs sinestro type of fight where they create ridiculous weapons and attack each other with them.

it's a damn shame that the final battle is the most boring fight of the movie.

It seems like in vol.2 he is being an asshole just for the sake of being an asshole and I understand what they were going for because of the whole Yondu scene but it feels so terribly forced compared to the first one. I might be misremebering it some though because I haven't seen the first one since it was out in theaters

so much this, it really felt like Star Lord was just a blank vehicle to move the plot with

Why did Mantis suddenly turn on Ego and want to tell Drax about what was going on? Also why did she not want to mention it when Gamora came in?

I also didn't understand why rocket couldn't understand sarcasm, that is Drax's thing, also while on the subject of Drax, his fucking laugh and baby groot were the most annoying things instead of the over milked lame jokes in the entire film.

IM MARY POPPINS YALL
I won't lie, that part had me dying.

He did understand sarcasm, he just needed the "sarcastic voice" to help him spot it. He's not human you know.

I had some issues with the story pacing and painfully obvious/tired story beats, but looking back I really did like the movie when I saw it as a character driven film rather than one obsessed with plot.

haha yes that scene was f*ckin epic haha

Cause she touched Drax and "knew" him.

>overrated?
No.

>Underwhemling?
Yes. Without a doubt

If you can enjoy fun movies, then yes. Some of the jokes are a little forced and it's not the greatest film in the history of cinema, but it got some laughs out of me and my friends and it's certainly different than other Marvel stuff.

>the movie made it clear that they had the power to create pretty much whatever they wanted

Quill can't control his power.
Ego doesn't want to kill Quill.

the amazing spiderman did that for me actually

Take your pills dude.

He's just another assburgers, he might claim that they pay him, but they probably don't

Lake Shore Drive is the best song in the movie aside from The Chain.

>Was it overrated
no
the last one no one would shut the fuck up about everywhere including this on here

everyone has already moved on from this one it seems

Why did they zoom onto Rocket at the very end?

Nah, I don't think it's overrated. Pretty mich everyone I've talked to rates it as a solidly average movie.

He didn't get shipped with Yondu like he was supposed to

Let' see:
>plot is shit
>characters are cliches
>75% of the humor feels forced, rest is fine
>visuals are decent
meh/10 I'd wait for a decent rip tbqh

That's not Father and Son.

Oh and also baby fucking groot. Worse than meh actually

I don't understand what all the edgelords hope to gain from pretending they're patrician and didn't enjoy it. You're anonymous, even if you weren't making fools of yourselves there's still no brownie points to be had here.

The first one was overrated.

This one is fairly rated.

I thought it was a nice little moment. Peter telling him that he flies like Marry Poppins, and reassuring him that Narry Poppins was a cool guy.. and that Yondu got excited and proud about it.. it was sweet

It's not a matter of plebs vs. patricians, of kino vs. flicks. We're beyond that now. If pop-culture artifacts like Star Wars and Lord of the Rings are movies, then GotG2 is not a movie. It is something far far inferior.

No plot, humor explicitly aimed for retards, out-of-place dad-rock soundtrack, no cinematography (just random colorful shit), all dialogue is expositional, no transcendental themes (just soap-opera family issues for victims of broken marriages), cringy pop-culture references. Suicide Squad looks like a masterpiece in comparison (and Suicide Squad is pure shit). It's nothing less than screen garbage, created and directed for the modern media-brainwashed NPCs.

Blame Disney.

The movie was embarrassing, even for Marlel standards

best audio + visual combination of the year, if not for the whole decade

youtube.com/watch?v=zVX0kjFZa9s

I liked the visuals. I didn't like the addition of toilet humor and making everything too sentimental and dark. It's like they gave in to the recent trend for edgy and grimdark capeshit and abandoned the idea of just having a light-hearted action- and humor- packed adventure that did so well in the original. No, now they have to add cringey melodrama just about for every character. Yeah, Rocket is bitter because scientists picked him apart and made him sentient. Okay, we get it. He said so in the original. Do we need an hour more of it? They should do the tired 'that guy you thought was bad... gee, he's not so bad and has feelings too!1!1' schtick which just doesn't work in this kind of universe. By the way, Nebula turning out to be just craving for MUH FAMILY and MUH SISTER looked forced as fuck.
I haven't read the comic, I don't know if the fault for the change in tone lies with it too.
Also DUDE BABY GROOT IS RETARDED LMAO is pretty overdone. And I would've liked more dank space battles and dogfights, instead of some drawn-out platformer stream in the end.

The best part of it isn't even its own merits, which might be dubious. But that it brings space opera back. We get this, turds like TFA and Jupiter, meh ones like Rogue one. Then perhaps we'll get something decent like Besson's Valerian or something else. One can hope.

>Waaaah, i hate fun.

But my point is exactly the opposite. I love fun. But
>waah I didn't ask for this
>baaw my dad is a cunt and gave my mom cancer
>uwaah I grew up as POV of a mad tyrant but I wanted a family so bad
is not fun.

This board gets more embarassing every time there's a thread about marvel or DC

I kinda like the balance between those, and i actually wish they explored more of it. Maybe its because i read the comics that i feel this way.

For Rocket, he's an asshole not only because he has this dark past with all the unethical experiments, but also because there is nobody in the galaxy like him to his knowledge atleast.

They haven't really talked about in the movies if he knows where he is from, but in his own comics they tap in on that he doesn't remember anything about halfworld, he knows he's from there but he doesn't know anything about it. Rocket is lonely, and has only has one friend that he trusts and that is Groot. I can agree that they overused his asshole behavior a bit, and i think they should show his and Groots funfilled side in the next movie.