/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Kaiju - Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2016.htm

>Out This Week:
Darth Vader #20: End of Games #1 (part 1 of 6)
Kieron Gillen, Salvador Larroca et al.
Comic Book & e-Comic Book [Marvel]
• Inspector Thanoth returns with some startling information.
• Vader may have passed his master’s tests...
• ...but will his own schemes prove his undoing?

>Star Wars Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>The Clone Wars Legacy Content:
starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s58TvG8V-0k
respawn.com/stig-blog/
nerdist.com/new-star-wars-novel-featuring-ahsoka-tano-announced-exclusive/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What the sweet fuck are those things?

Sullustian Rockrenders. They live in the Volcanoes. Cute, aren't they?

If Qui-Gon had survived I'm still convinced he would have saved Shmi, even if the Jedi Council wouldn't agree with such actions. It's the kind of rogue bit of righteousness he'd have done.

I still think it's pissy that Padme never tried to help her. The woman who took them in when they needed help, gave food from her own table, shelter from the deadly sands, risked her son's life to help them and then let them leave with her son, leaving her alone in slavery. Padme was the queen of a planet but even if she had no money on her own she had the love and gratitude of her people. She doesn't need to campaign to end slavery in Hutt Space, an impossible prospect at best I'm sure, but she could have taken up a collection to free the woman who helped free them from the Trade Federation.

Just my two Republic credits.

Can one find love in the field of battle?

I want to kiss Rex.

So, how is Battlefront III? Is it any better or is it still a boring game? Keep in mind I don't really play multi-player. Are there any new SW games that are coming out that's hopefully better than this?

Qui-Gon definitely would have. Hell Qui-Gon was so in tune with the Force that he figured out the whole Force Priestess thing on his own, he just never got a chance to complete it.

It makes you wonder if he didn't feel a disturbance in the Force when it came to Maul and Palpatine prior to their appearance too. Qui-Gon gave no fucks, I fully believe Vader wouldn't have existed had Qui-Gon lived, and it's no fault of Obi-Wan's, he's just more about the Code than Qui-Gon was which cost him, that and he wanted to be a brother/father instead of a Master.

As for Padme, she was a 14 year old girl dealing with the ramifications of an incoming Galactic Civil War, and her planet was the first to be dealt with the Trade Blockage that would give rise to Dooku and the CIS eventually. I mean it may have been stopped at that moment, but there is a lot of clean-up and stuff to deal with, she was more focused on that than some random boy that happened to save them and become a Jedi.

Besides, Anakin was the one that probably said, mom is fine, she's with Watto he won't mistreat her. Honestly he would have been right, they had a fine life despite being slaves living on Tatooine. They had a house, jobs, food, and Watto wasn't a terrible person. Look at him in AotC, I sold her and they seem to be living a happy life together, he didn't seem like he wanted to sell her or any of his slaves into the hands of say Jabba directly, he was just worried about his business which Anakin was profitable for, but he never outright mistreated them. Even after she was sold, she had a fine life, she just met with an unfortunate accident sadly.

WOAH WOAH WOAH

Get in line buddy

It's a good pick'me up game and the little survival maps are decent fun for a bit, little short.

As for SW games, none. The only game we know of that's in development is an open-world RPG by Visceral Games (Dead Space) that is being written by Amy Hennig of Legacy of Kain/Uncharted and has Jade Raymond from Assassin's Creed helping to spearhead it.

Other than that, we don't know jack shit about it.

There is that KotOR Unreal 4 Fan Project/Mod in the process though, but that's gonna take awhile.

You know, I agree with you, especially about the Qui-Gon thing.

We learned so little about Qui-Gon that it hurts, but I can defiantly see why people think he would have helped train Anakin better. Not that Obi-Wan did a bad job. Obi-Wan tried his best, but couldn't handle Anakin's unique circumstances, nor counter Sheev's manipulation.

But Qui-Gon, well he may have been able to. People criticize him so casually ignoring Shmi when Watto denies him both slaves. But I think there's a strong case to argue that he was probably thinking "no biggie, we can come back for her once the boy is in the clear."

>So, how is Battlefront III?
It looks great, plays ok, but is lacking in any substantial content, especially in the non-multiplayer department.

>I don't really play multi-player
You might want to skip it then. The non-multiplayer stuff is just 1v1 (with or without bots) on the smallest maps, or a 15-round Survival mode on similarly small maps. And some explicitly non-canon training missions. No story content whatsoever.

>Are there any new SW games that are coming out that's hopefully better than this?
Visceral Games, Bioware, and Respawn, are all working on Star Wars games. DICE is also confirmed to be doing Battlefront 2, once the DLC for the first game is finished, and they're promising to take the complaints of the first game into account, so the sequel may have a single-player.

Republic credits weren't worth anything on outer rim planets, so there wasn't really anyway for her to buy her out of slavery. Also Padme was supposed to be under cover the whole time while. Padme also didn't have any relation with anakin until 10 years after they met, so why would she try to free a random person who she probably couldn't even track once she became a senator. Anakin also isn't supposed to have ties to his senpai so it would seem pointless for her to try.

You have the pic of Ahsoka and Rex taking a bath? I can't find it. It's SFW.

>so there wasn't really anyway for her to buy her out of slavery
Buy stuff that the outer rim would pay for, then pay using that.

According to The 08th MS Team, yes. But highly ridiculous

Respawn is apparently also working with DICE on Battlefront 2.

Either way, Visceral is probably the closest to actually being done.

Slaves, spice and contraband weapons?

Still seems like a lot of trouble to go through just to free one person that you barely even know.

Qui-gon woulda done it.

Qui-Gon used the force to cheat at dice and potentially pod-racing.

Qui-Gon did whatever the fuck Qui-Gon wanted.

>There is that KotOR Unreal 4 Fan Project/Mod in the process though, but that's gonna take awhile.

It's never going to be more than a 3D portfolio, the majority of these things are never completed.

>Respawn is apparently also working with DICE on Battlefront 2.

You don't know that, all they said is that they're making a third-person action/adventure game set in the Star Wars universe.

>KotOR Unreal 4 Fan Project/Mod
Are they going for the canon aesthetic or the same old OT one?

I would love the new canon Shogun style.

>It's never going to be more than a 3D portfolio, the majority of these things are never completed.
While true, they do have multiple maps built and some core animation actually going as far as ships flying on Taris goes.

A little bit much to just be a 3D Portfolio honestly, they could legit be doing it, but it wouldn't be done for a few years honestly.
>You don't know that, all they said is that they're making a third-person action/adventure game set in the Star Wars universe.
I remember hearing something similar to that as well, but it may have just been rumors prior to their actual announcement. But he is right, Visceral is gonna be the next Star Wars game out and that might not even be out until the end of the year at the earlier, unless we wanna count on Battlefront 2 to come out at the end of the year, which it probably won't, and they'll wait for Ep. 8.

youtube.com/watch?v=s58TvG8V-0k

This was the latest thing that was uploaded, which seems to be further along than what they originally showed with just a few screenshots.

I doubt qui-gon would help her.
If he survived his duel with maul, he would continue to train anakin. He would want to separate his ties to his mum, not bring them together by trying to free her.

Well he did try to free her as well in the first place. Qui-Gon didn't follow the Jedi Code usually, which is why they wouldn't let him on the Council. Qui-Gon had a very different approach to how things should be done.

Imagine being Adam Driver and having to be all like “damn, Lena Dunham, you fuckin’ fine, all sexy with your curvaceous body and horrific snaggle toothed monster face. I would totally have sex with you, both my character and the real me.” when all he really wants to do is fuck another 16 year old twink in his dressing room. Like seriously imagine having to be Adam and not only sit in that chair while Lena Dunham flaunts her disgusting body in front of you, the favorable lighting barely concealing her stretchmarks and blotchy skin, and just sit there, take after take, hour after hour, while she perfected that dance. Not only having to tolerate her monstrous fucking visage but her haughty attitude as everyone on set tells her she’s TOTALLY GOT IT and DAMN, LENA DUNHAM LOOKS *STUNNING*!! because they’re not the ones who have to sit there and watch her hippoish fucking moon face contort into types of smug smirks you didn’t even know existed before that day. You’ve been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of fuccbois and submissives and later alleged BBCs for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies in Missouri. You’ve never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that’s breaking out on her rotund stomach as she sucks it in to writhe it suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in her “statuesque (for that is what she calls herself)” beauty, the beauty she worked so hard for with cinnabuns in the previous months. And then the director calls for another take, and you know you could kill every single person in this room before the studio security could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you’re Kylo Ren. You’re not going to lose your future Star Wars career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.

>While true, they do have multiple maps built and some core animation actually going as far as ships flying on Taris goes.
I don't dispute that they've done some work towards it, but how many fan made game remakes are every completed? They might think they can succeed, but it's doubtful. This isn't a "underdog, I'm rooting for them" sort of thing. Just don't put any faith in it being in working order. It will either float or sink, and it's more likely to drown.

>I remember hearing something similar to that as well, but it may have just been rumors prior to their actual announcement.
You can read the announcement yourself, here.
respawn.com/stig-blog/

>Visceral is gonna be the next Star Wars game out
Most likely

>unless we wanna count on Battlefront 2 to come out at the end of the year
Not going to happen at all.

Looks like it'll be just a modern update.

I doubt they would change now with all that work done.

True, I just think that anakin's development out weighs his mom's safety. As a master his responsiblities to his apprentice mean more then wanting to free his apprentice's mom

>and it's more likely to drown.
True I don't doubt that, but I felt it was at least good to mention just to keep people up to date with it just in case.
>You can read the announcement yourself, here.
I see.
>Not going to happen at all.
Yeah, it took them awhile to just get done with already existing architecture and engines with the first one, and even that is definitely rushed to meet TFA's deadline.
According to them, assuming this does end up happening, they'll be adding new quests and all sorts of stuff into it as well. So it'll likely be the same base story, but expanded upon more and with far more to do. Think sort of like Witcher I guess, where it's based on the books, but the world/area sizes are pretty big and you have a lot to do, even if some of it just basic quests and things.

But Anakin needs to kill his mum, it's the only may to rid him of his attachments.

Or just let the sand people do it for him

We already know that won't work.

It's not exactly taking a bath, it's actually based of a smut. There are more

>dealing with the ramifications of an incoming Galactic Civil War
They were still ten years away from the Clone Wars. All she had to do was take up a collection of non-Republic credits, just something that would convince Watto to sell. Not some scheming Hutt lord or anyone who has to know she's even royalty. She could have done it through intermediaries, people she trusted, and didn't even have to do anything herself once she told people to take care of it for her. I can't really give her a pass on this, and I especially can't because she was 14. She was already set up as the ruler of a planet. If she can do that she can handle helping out one slave whom she owes for her entire planet's salvation.

Watto is a droid seller so droid parts. Not like Naboo is cluttered with a bunch of broken droids at this point. Give him the non-lethal parts. Joints, servo motors, some processors (these B1s were control chip variants so their brains weren't all that great to begin with).

Oh shit didn't know there was more than what I already had

does Vader still have a cock or is it just a burnt mess down there?

There's no way he does
That would have been the first thing to catch on fire

That's why he's so angry

It's probably nonexistent at this point. It would explain why Vader is always so angry

If sheev was nice he would of given him a big black robo-dick so at least he could feel better about himself. Being Vader is suffering.

Is that really important to know?

Yes. From a certain point of view.

Unlimited power, but at what price...

post itt if you want to fuck kanan's boipussy while hera watches

I wanna fuck Hera's boipussy while Kanan watches

Rather Luke's

Imagine a pickle or cucumber, now imagine that with boilet blisters and chunks of it falling off gradually. Now imagine it like 15 years later where the chunks are just bulbous masses of scar tissue, and the blisters are still there.

Still there but not pretty, not pretty at all.

>Vrogas Vas gets a mention as one of Leia's heroics in Bloodline

Can't swear that that incident was a shining moment in anyone's career, beyond Vader earning his cred overtop a mountain of Rebel corpses. When you think about it it's kind of ridiculous the Rebels had that many troops and heavy vehicles.Guess that's why by the time they got to Hoth they didn't have too much left.

Though thinking about it the worst had to be on Han and Aphra and their mutual bug infested headbutt.

What if Darth Vader was a grill?

>But Qui-Gon, well he may have been able to. People criticize him so casually ignoring Shmi when Watto denies him both slaves. But I think there's a strong case to argue that he was probably thinking "no biggie, we can come back for her once the boy is in the clear."

Yeah. Qui-Gon is probably literally the only one who would have gone back for her to sate Anakin's apprehensiveness, even if it'd arguably take more work since their trump card for Anakin was winning the Boonta Eve. And since Republic credits were no good out in the Outer Rim, the process of freeing her would have been frustrating. Obi-Wan, while he no doubt felt for Anakin, was too by the book to really think about how much Anakin cared for his mother.

I don't think Qui-Gon would have freed her in order to keep her and Anakin together. He would have done so to at least put Anakin more at ease however, as evidenced by Anakin's still worrying about her late into his space legal teenage years.

The story wouldn't work if he gave birth to his secret kids who he thought were dead

maybe if everything was moved forward a few months so Padme has the kids and he thinks they die in a shipwreck or something

I'm assuming you're not supposed to use lava instead of charcoal/gas for that grill.

I need more Rule 63 Vader

LUKE WAS THE SON OF SUNS
NOT ANAKIN

That fight was so mediocre.

The problem with this is they switched Padme's gender too. Otherwise it would have been fun.

nyoom

Which should I read first, since I'm pretty far behind on nucanon stuff.

Dark Disciples, Bloodlines, or A New Dawn?

How would you guys rate them in terms of enjoyability?

Trailer made that so much cooler than it was in the game

Yeah, even if Qui-Gon didn't initially intend to go back and free her, I think he would've understood Anakin's anxiety about her and would have tried to address it, rather than just tell Anakin "oh just ignore it, it'll go away" like Obi-Wan did.

My knowledge of the Expanded Universe books/comics is pretty vague.

Is there anything worth reading that involved TIE fighter pilots as a story line or where the pilot is the main character?

The Death Star book

Dark Disciple is ok, albeit definitely something to read after TCW is done.

A New Dawn is a very safe place to start, as it literally serves to introduce new characters, and that's about it. The title of the book was very clearly a specific choice. It was the first Canon book.

Bloodlines, I have not yet read, but I am hearing good things.

Lost Stars has some of that, but it is definitely NOT the focus of the book.

Qui-Gon may have done it just because it was the right thing to do and he would have had time after Naboo. He seemed to make a real connection with Shmi but was on a schedule and didn't need to leave Tatooine with the Hutts pissed at him for freeing slaves.

At the very least he tried to free her and Anakin but ultimately decided on just the boy. Maybe that means he would have taken Anakin and left Shmi to her fate, but he did the best he could with what he had. If he felt Anakin was the chosen one the best he felt he could do was get him to the Temple. When the Jedi showed no real interest in him he felt the best choice he had was to keep Anakin nearby. I wonder if he was actually worried if he didn't he'd get back to Coruscant and find that they'd sent Anakin back to Tatooine. I wouldn't be surprised if Mace did that.

Unfortunately I don't own it and I'm too lazy to download it (yes I'm that lazy).
I've watched TCW before and read the Kanan comic, it and the Darth Vader comic (with parts of the Star Wars Vrogas/Rebel Jail stuff) as well.

So I could jump into those I suppose. Appreciate the detail on it.

Thanks I'll check those out

Here is also the Guide for the books if it can help further

A New Dawn and Bloodline are both great but If i had to recommend one over the other blindly I'd recommend A New Dawn if only for the fact that it feels very "Star Wars-y" for lack of a better term.

Dark Disciple wasn't that great IMO and I'd only recommend it if you're either really eager for more TCW content or if you're a canon completionist.

Is there a Legends version of this?

Not that I know of. I made that canon Guide personally.

I see, thanks. I mostly just bought Dark Disciple because I liked Ventress quite a lot, hate Vos and I'm aware of what roughly happens between the two at the end, but I felt like I should still give it a read at some point.
Appreciate it cAnon, always there to help.

wait, buttcheeks is getting a book?

nerdist.com/new-star-wars-novel-featuring-ahsoka-tano-announced-exclusive/

Yep!

Looks like it's going to help fill the gap between TCW and Rebels.

No problem!

Releases in October, supposed to be the episodes partly that were never finished, like her reaction to Order 66 and all that that would eventually happen.

fuck yes

Is it weird that I'm worried that they're going to force romance into her again? Cux was bad enough.

I don't think they will, if they do, she'll be in her 20s for it so it'll be better handled, especially for a novel. I mean she is 33 in Year 29/Twilight of the Apprentice.

We know the Rebel Alliance is already a thing or becoming one with Bail and Order 66 has already happened, so it at least starts her out at 17 and likely moves in years as it goes on.

Only if it's coming to terms with her love for Anakin once she drops the Code and then trying to cope with the crippling survivor's guilt after thinking he died in Order 66.

>yfw the Ahsoka novel has RotS novelization style insight
>yfw it ends right before the Siege of Lothal
>yfw the last words "All I had was your training, and the lessons you taught me, because of you, I did survive, thank you Master."
>yfw you realize what happens during the Siege of Lothal

>mfw the apprentice lives

That's your face when everything

Anyone else realize how often comlinks are used in this novel compared to regular holograms? Its almost distracting.

>Sense that Anakin still has DEEP attachments issues after the shit that went down on Tatooine with his Mom
>Give him a Padawan
>Hoping that Anakin seeing first hand her growing from this weak, vulnerable thing into someone independent and strong will help him learn to let go
>Even though that's a fuckton of assumption
>Then, after all that, betray the Padawan and cast her from the order
>Make Anakin watch as she's banished and face Tarkin's trial, one she'll almost certainly be executed in
>Anakin saves her but she leaves the Order
>Making Anakin feel like a failure, making him hate that she left him, furthering his attachment issues
>Ultimately, your plan accomplishes nothing but catalyzing Anakin's fall to the Dark Side and ruining Ahsoka's life on a lost gamble
Yoda dropped that ball HARD

>Believes Obi-Wan/Padme to be having an affair
>His brother and father figure leaves him to burn to death and die on Mustafar
>Mace tries to kill the one friend he feels he truly has left that wants to help him save what remains of those relationships he can patch back together
>Wife dies
>'Child dies'
>On the Council without being a Jedi Master
>Kills a defenseless enemy, Dooku going against the Jedi Code
>Mace tries to do the very same thing to Palpatine, because he's dangerous

Anakin's life was a mess, it wasn't entirely Yoda's fault, though he sure had his hand to play in it. The Dark Side is strong and clouds your judgment.

To be fair with Mace, Palpy was still a threat. Disarmed but still throwing lightning at him. And unwilling to just surrender. Dooku meanwhile was defenceless.

Also the Council made a huge favor to Anakin accepting him on the council. However they did so because he was Palpatine representant, not because he deserved it. That's why they didn't gave him the rank of master.

Oh I full agree on both points, but from Anakin's point of view they were both insults to him basically.

>dooku was defenseless
>immediately think "no he's not, he has lightning"
>remember he got his hands cut off
>instantly imagine Dooku holding off Anakin with lightning shooting from his arm stubs
Fuck you, you bastard. I spit out my soda.

And people call Anakin a Gary Stu

What's worse, Mandofags or OT Purists?

Because they're both pretty fucking autistic as far as 'fans' go.

Mandofags are generally OT Purists, so I'd say they're equally as bad.