Best Director of All Time

Who is the best director of all time?

Nolan

Michael Bay

For me it's Antonioni

Coppola is overrated

John Ford

Spielberg is def top 3. The dude is the master of making enjoyable movies. Excellent at blockbuster summer movies and excellent at the timely drama.

Dont give me that "muh art" nonsense. If you are watching boring movies for "artistic merit", you're a loser with too much time on your hands.

Nobody in the top 12 at least makes boring movies

Every director in the top 12 except Ford and Scorsese has filmography of absolute snoozers

Stop watching film.

If you think Hitchcock movies are boring I don't know what to tell you. No director on that list has a movie I've seen as boring as Bridge of Spies either.

>muh film

Anyone that takes movies this seriously shouldnt be allowed to have the internet.

News flash, go outside more. Movies are just mindless entertainment stories, nothing more.

Hitchcock movies are ancient. So predictable. You're just a pretentious loser perma vigin.

Tarkovsky
Unless the counter argument contains Eisenstein /thread

That top ten is breddy gud.

I know not everyone would put him up there but my favorite is Terry Gilliam.

He's got some misses but when he hits he knocks it out of the park. And you can always pick out one of his movies immediately. Perfect balance of fun and artistic.

im a boring cunt but i really enjoy the simplicity of Bresson

explain how russian montage is better than tarkovsian mise en scene

Spielberg is probably one of the most overrated directors desu. The only truly great films are Jaws and Schindlers List.

Bob Altman

Christopher Nolan