What would Beavis and Butthead be like if it was written and released today...

What would Beavis and Butthead be like if it was written and released today? The reboot from 2011 doesn't count as an example.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zsk21ogr-58
youtube.com/watch?v=i1b5TozX_l4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DJ_&_the_Fro
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It would be like the reboot from 2011

>The reboot from 2011 doesn't count as an example.

Why not?

Because it was based on what was written in the original one from the early 90s. It wasn't a rethinking or anything, just a continuation/burst of new episodes really.

I wanna know what B&B would've been like if someone wrote it as a fresh idea in these ages.

Are you talking a remake in terms of 'you can do anything' or a remake where you're restricted to the old network and form?

Beavis and Butthead is still funny and rewatchable, but it's constrained to its time period. That's why it failed so hard in 2011. It wasn't /bad/ then, and the original series doesn't seem dated in the same way that many comics do, but it was meant to be a commentary on a certain generational culture. To remake B&B for current pop culture would be to make an entirely different show.

But here would be my remake in the spirit of the show:

>beavis is a neurotic twitter or instagram whore of ambiguous mixed race, or maybe black or filipino
>butthead is a slow suburban white kid who spends most of his time trying to score by catfishing chicks on social media
>stewart is a redditor
>van driessen is a hipster
>daria is apathetic-tumblrcore
>Beavis and Butthead fund their lifestyle by making shitty prank vids
>music videos are replaced by let's plays and amateur youtube vids in contemporary and stupid MST3K fashion
>big emphasis on social media, trying to score nudes on instagram and facebook

oh and instead of watching tv all day they're silently on their laptops or shitty smartphones, occasionally asking one another to come look at a comment or video

It would be like the new ppg reboot full of dumb memes.

Lucky for you OP, Mike Judge is an excellent writer.

Ehehehehe, dude, weed, lmao
Ehehehehe

People don't quit STEM jobs to become animators today. The question is moot.

>What would Beavis and Butthead be like if it was written and released today?
Boring.

It would be a flash cartoon on newgrounds that moved to youtube and then died on the vine when youtube fucked animators.

>The question is moot
He's not here anymore, user.

They don't talk about weed like, ever.

They're too dorky to even get any.

>Beavis and Butthead fund their lifestyle
>Beavis and Butthead being resourceful in any fucking capacity

they'd be alt-right MRA fedorists upset that they couldn't score

>Beavis or Butthead caring about things besides nachos, chicks, music, and Todd's dick.

This guy never watched beavis and butthead,
The show would be about sjw that jump to a cause with having no idea what it's actually about. End result is them just pissing off everyone around them and no one ever taking them seriously, if anything alienating them from the original cause or getting people to hate it more.

>Beavis or Butthead caring about things besides nachos, chicks, music, and Todd's dick.

That's just it they don't care they just want to be cool trying to fit in. The show as far as I could see it would be scensters trying to be hipsters. Would it be as good as the orginal show hell no, but as far as I can gather OP wanted to know what a show making fun of today youth like beavis and butthead did in the 90's would be like. There not gonna be the same characters just the same concept.

beavis and butthead do america>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>south park bigger and uncut>>>>>>>>>>>>>benders big score>>>>>>>>>>>>>the beast with a billion backs>>>>>>>>>>the rest is shit

You wrote this just to make me mad.

Post your favorites

youtube.com/watch?v=zsk21ogr-58

does anyone remember these shorts that were on youtube about two gross girls in a bathroom?

i think a female comedian wrote it

It didn't fail, it was the 2nd most watched show on MTV behind Jersey Shore at the time. The problem was MTV's demo was girls 12-14 which B&B didn't get much of.

youtube.com/watch?v=i1b5TozX_l4

Wouldn't work.

The idiot slacker isn't the cool thing anymore.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DJ_&_the_Fro

yeah it is
you just have to change the setting to new york or portland and introduce a diverse cast

How do you think Bernie Sanders got as far as he did?

Is that the guy who screams YOU'RE A WHITE MALE

This

quit reminding me

it hurts

I think they should just make shorts of them riffing on music videos. That was by far the best part of the show.

Hello thread.
I hope this show comes back... again.