Ask italian girl if she’s catholic

>ask italian girl if she’s catholic

>she replies “no i’m christian”

lol, shitstianity

>Ask if anyone is religious
>They answer yes
>Feel disgusted and slowly start distancing myself from those people

she’s not an idiot, she’s well aware that catholics are christian. she is just such a protestant extremist that she considers catholics to be more akin to pagans than christians

>she’s not an idiot
>she considers catholics to be more akin to pagans than christians
pick one

that's not idiotic, that's common sense

*tips*

Stop insulting me, I'm not American

Americans are this retarded, too. Most Americans don't know that Catholicism is a branch of Christianity. "I'm not a Christian, I'm Catholic"

See this retard We refer to ourselves as Christians and to Protestants as such
Considering that catholics are 1bln and protestant cuck only 400 mln I say you are the wrong one

>she believes in Jesus Christ but she doesn't really see herself as a member of the catholic church
what is wrong with this

>Go to French-Canadian wedding as a guest
>Have never gone to a Catholic service before
>Lean over to gf ask "so, will there be any Latin? I've never heard it spoken aloud before."
>"Why would there be Latin?"
>"Isn't it a Catholic wedding?"
>"They aren't Catholic, they're Christian."

Is this just a misinterpretation that Catholics have, considering a similar thing happened in OP's greentext? Do they not know how different denominations work?

Read the thread, we rarely use catholics as a word because in our mind we are the true christian, that being said yes its a mistake because we are also catholics

Denominations and sectarianism is pretty backwards
That girl gets it

This, never heard anyone Italian say anything like this, just braindead Anglos. They either don't understand Catholicism is a branch of Christianity or they actually think it makes them sound enlightened to say they're some generic non-denominational "Christian".

Are most Italians actually religious or just pretend religious?

The stupid people are religious and the intelligent pretend

To be fair with Italians, Christians and Catholics are different groups of people here as well. Dunno if it is the same in other countries, but it is here at least. Don't know exactly how it works because I'm not too religious but they definitely have their own places of worship and they tend not to mix. Also, Christian tend to be more fanatic while Catholics for the most part are moderate and don't attend church that frequently, at least from what you can perceive at first sight

>I'm not Catholic I'm Christian

yes, zhang, you're a brainlet

This is what I get for posting while tired

Protestants are more active that Cucktholics