see
guccifer2.wordpress.com/2016/06/15/dnc/
wikileaks mentioned at bottom

He is a lone wolf Romanian with no ties to Russia
see
motherboard.vice.com/read/dnc-hacker-guccifer-20-interview

he claims responsibility for the newest leaks on his twitter
twitter.com/GUCCIFER_2/status/756530278982684672

DNC is laundering their "Russian" narrative through their in house security firm CrowStrike to make Trump look bad! Spread this shit!

Other urls found in this thread:

defenseone.com/technology/2016/07/how-putin-weaponized-wikileaks-influence-election-american-president/130163/?oref=d-topstory
crowdstrike.com/blog/bears-midst-intrusion-democratic-national-committee/
motherboard.vice.com/read/guccifer-20-is-likely-a-russian-government-attempt-to-cover-up-their-own-hack
motherboard.vice.com/read/why-does-dnc-hacker-guccifer-20-talk-like-this
defenseone.com/technology/2016/07/how-putin-weaponized-wikileaks-influence-election-american-president/130163/
fireeye.com/blog/threat-research/2015/07/hammertoss_stealthy.html
www2.fireeye.com/rs/848-DID-242/images/rpt-apt29-hammertoss.pdf
defenseone.com/technology/2016/06/what-joint-chiefs-email-hack-tells-us-about-dnc-breach/129089/
youtu.be/4-I5Y9Lkmo0
nytimes.com/2016/05/31/world/europe/russia-finland-nato-trolls.html?_r=0
bbc.com/news/blogs-eu-35413134
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump, this seems important.

If this is true then DNC just dug their own grave with the Trump/Putin headline. Perfect way to let everyone know they are freaking the fuck out, and validate everyone's suspicions of them being corrupt to the bone.

>yfw a dirty gypsy takes town the Democratic party

This shit gets even better

Have the gyppos finally contributed something of worth to society?

How do we go about combating the Cold War pinko hysteria? The Democrats REALLY want to blame Russia.

Will the media set the record straight? No.

HERE IS HILLARY'S NARRATIVE
defenseone.com/technology/2016/07/how-putin-weaponized-wikileaks-influence-election-american-president/130163/?oref=d-topstory

claims that ClowdStrike, contracted DNC security firm found evidence of intrusion on their networks.

However, if you read the firsthand account from Clowdstrike's blog, they say they only found out about the breech AFTER preliminary docs were already released
> On June 15, 2016 a blog post to a WordPress site authored by an individual using the moniker Guccifer 2.0 claiming credit for breaching the Democratic National Committee. This blog post presents documents alleged to have originated from the DNC.

They then go on to claim ties to known Russian state hacker groups COZY BEAR and FANCY BEAR with no evidence.

Guccifer did an interview earlier this month with Motherboard
>“I don't like Russians and their foreign policy. I hate being attributed to Russia,” he said, adding that he was from Romania, just like the first Guccifer.

Guccifer2.0 being an homage to another Romanian hacker 'Guccifer' who hacked the DNC servers in 2014

From a prelimary release of the hacked files from his wordpress site Guccifer2.0 states he will give the files to wikileaks (this update, published July 15th, was BEFORE wikileaks published the e-mails)
>The main part of the papers, thousands of files and mails, I gave to Wikileaks. They will publish them soon.

On 22 July, Wikileaks published the files and Guccifer2.0 confirmed they were the files he'd given them

SPREAD THIS WHEREVER YOU CAN

American education

nice.
based haxxor

What do we do about this?

Naw, the media will go along with it. I guarantee you. Even if they do correct themselves, it'll be after a week's worth of blasting this story all over the place, and the correction will take place at 2 AM on a Monday morning and only happen once.

Are Guccifer and Guccifer 2.0 even the same person?

You're wasting your time doing damage control, RIDF.

Nobody here gives a shit that Russian intelligence is behind it (and there is plenty of evidence of this outside of DNC and crowdstrike)

Most here are Putinboos anyway and welcome the assistance

unironically posting a shitty VICE site as a source shows you need to lurk more btw

I'm not sure about that. It looks like releasing these emails right before the DNC is in Russia's interest.

no Guccifer is in jail for hacking the DNC in 2014

Guccifer2.0 only appeared earlier this month with a new leak see
fuck off shill, just because something happens in someone's interest doesn't mean they're directly responsible

No, Guccifer is in a prison in Virginia.

>not knowing that the PC term for Gypsy is "Romani" in an attempt to connect Gypsy swine to Romania

Gucci 2.0 literally doing Kek's work.

I like how most media outlets with even a shred of dignity haven't touched the accusation from Hillary's camp yet. Goes to show how desperate CNN and HuffPo are to control the spin.

Thank you based-gypsy

Russia isn't kike run

theres the problem.. they need cultural enrichment and kike leaders..
Russia will be amazing after.
im telling you gouyyy

nuke israel off the fucking map

stop this bullshit.. fuck the kikes. they live free behind the wall... we die with enrichment..

fuck the kikes..

I'm not russian.

>(and there is plenty of evidence of this outside of DNC and crowdstrike)
There is none besides conjecture, or would you like to show some?

>unironically posting a shitty VICE site as a source shows you need to lurk more btw
it's the only place he's done an interview and it only goes to show that he's not directly tied to Russia.

shill fuck off it was a romanian gypsy working on his windows 95 pc that he stole the parts for.

Stop selling them short m8 they do good work

If the Democrats are being stupid panicky retards, it helps us to prove that their target is a hologram.

>shitty Vice site

It's an interview. It's G2.0's own words. Don't shoot the messenger.

>Get's direct proofs it wasn't Russia

>It was Russia ! Down with RIDL !

Guccifer 2.0 here. Glad you guys like my work. Ask me anything

Is this legit?
Even if it is, I doubt the media will correct themselves and just keep pulling more "muh ebul Russians are behind it" out of their ass.

What inspired you to do this?
I'm not being accusatory, I'm honestly curious.

>He is a lone wolf Romanian with no ties to Russia
see
>motherboard.vice.com/read/dnc-hacker-guccifer-20-interview

Vice later concluded he was likely a Russian hacker:
motherboard.vice.com/read/guccifer-20-is-likely-a-russian-government-attempt-to-cover-up-their-own-hack

are you trying to be misleading?

Chicks. I'm tryna get laid, brah

Doesn't matter who it helped.
What matters is it hurt Hillary and the DNC
They're still guilty as fuck

whats your favorite dnc email?

How would one get involved in your line of work?

We have reached shitposting levels we thought could not be reached before

>likely
>likely
>likely

Uh-huh.

I'm looking into it give me a second

were there any Hillary nudes? pls dump

That article was published before anyone knew who Guccifer 2.0 was exactly and before they secured an interview with him. See OP's article, published 5 days after yours by the same author. Your article was conjecture that it was probably the Russians.

DOES NOT MATTER
>what the source or affiliation was

heads will roll
consequences will be real

why do you cast doubt now when before you seemed so sure?

>fap away

you think they have dedicated servers for Hill-nudes?

>"We've been looking at this very closely from both the technical and non-technical spheres," said Rich Barger, chief information officer for ThreatConnect, a cyber intelligence software firm. "Based on our analysis, we strongly feel Guccifer 2 is linked to a Russian information operations campaign and is not the independent Romanian hacker that he claims to be."

Russian? great
not Russian? great

>why is ALL the focus on the messenger?
do not give two shits about the messenger.

is it reliable

Oh, sorry, I posted the older article:
motherboard.vice.com/read/why-does-dnc-hacker-guccifer-20-talk-like-this

>Despite claiming to be Romanian, Guccifer 2.0 didn’t seem to be a native Romanian speaker, according to several Romanians who reviewed the transcript of our conversation with him

good work lad!

that's not me, I'm OP but he looks right

the first vice article states
1. 2015–06-??: Russian Intelligence services penetrated the DNC and collected a large amount of information. [Collection]
2. 2016–06-??: CrowdStrike purges them from the network [Blown]

there's no evidence of this and the crowdstrike blog post is dated 15 July which leads me to think they released it in response to Guccifer's leak

there's no evidence of the connection to the russian groups besides the traces of what tools they used

looks fake ive seen a few shops in my day

Also the 'expert' they claim doesn't seem all that expertish to me, he seems like a social climber and he posts pro-syrian shit on his Twitter, but that doesn't really mean anything

>there's no evidence of the connection to the russian groups besides the traces of what tools they used

defenseone.com/technology/2016/07/how-putin-weaponized-wikileaks-influence-election-american-president/130163/

Right, so there is evidence. Again, why do you people cast doubt when before you seemed so sure?

from your same article
>“All I can say is: no smoking gun here,” Connolly said in an email. “The English is very East Euro web talk, which Russians and Romanians and all Eastern Europeans share but, as I've pointed out already, many of the traits are non-Russian.”

>For Connolly, the hacker could also be Moldovan, given that the country is a mixed Romanian-Russian environment and many Moldovans, especially the anti-Russian ones, “will identify as Romanian.”

>we strongly feel

"our analysis didn't yield any real proof of collusion but our gut thinks it was the Russians"

"Whether that means Guccifer 2.0 really is a Russian agent or controlled by a group or Russian spies, we can’t really know at this point."
>more conjecture

Also the "experts" that said it was russia was due to the last modified metadata in some of the previous docs he leaked.

Mind you this was "security professionals" on twitter who saw Cryllic letters and went "muh russia". The name in english was Felix Dzerzhinsky, the founder of the Soviet Secret Police force, who died in 1926. The name was used in a MS Office crack that is popular in Eastern Europe and Russia.

It is extremely implausible that intelligence professionals would have a) been using a pirated copy of MS office b) been sloppy enough to modify, save, and then release the documents

Oh also these same twitter security professionals were too stupid to look at the raw emails to figure out how a mail between two gmail addresses ended up in allenz's email box on dnc.org. The headers clearly indicate it was forwarded.

So are these really experts in anything or just internet wannabe intelligence analyst gumshoes? Or are they right and the Kremlin is playing some never before seen metagame?

Seems more likely its a "lonewolf" romainian.

did you read that article? it references the blog post from 15 July

that was published the same day of the Guccifer2.0 leaks

it looks to me that they're used technobabble to try and hide the fact that there's no evidence that points to the russian groups they mention besides the tools they used, which are probably common in hacker circles

>Again, why do you people cast doubt when before you seemed so sure?
What are you asking? I'm just trying to show that there's more to the narrative then just 'yup its russkies'

I tend not to believe anybody on the Clinton's bankroll considering their past and CrowdStrike doesn't show any evidence DIRECTLY tying the leaks to russians, not to mention their timing doesn't match up. I'm betting that they knew they were going to get their info leaked and made that article per-emptively so that they could say, here we knew about russians before these leaks, trusting that nobody would actually read the articles

If the tone of the source matters so much to you:

>Close your eyes and imagine that a hacking group backed by Russian President Vladimir Putin broke into the email system of a major U.S. political party. The group stole thousands of sensitive messages and then published them through an obliging third party in a way that was strategically timed to influence the United States presidential election. Now open your eyes, because that’s what just happened.

And I'm puzzled with your tone. Why so far have you asserted "Guccifer 2.0 was a lone wolf" as a fact and called every evidence to the contrary speculation?

Are you anonymoos?

how about you read that article and look to which sentences show evidence pointing to russia, the only evidence is from a link to the blog post here
Are you a fucking shill?

>And I'm puzzled with your tone. Why so far have you asserted "Guccifer 2.0 was a lone wolf" as a fact and called every evidence to the contrary speculation?
Guccifer2.0 was a lone wolf based on an interview he did, that there is no conclusive evidence otherwise, there is also no conclusive evidence it was russians either, so the same reasoning that it wasn't him, can also be used to say it was.

Has it worked? If I posted my penis, would you compare it to yours and possibly offer tips for penis strengthening exercises?

No, they found traces of a highly specialized tool used by Russia:
fireeye.com/blog/threat-research/2015/07/hammertoss_stealthy.html

I don't think there's enough proof to win a court case or start a war, but saying "it could be either way!" is misleading.

To be honest, I would have a go at her. Probably after tonguing her stinker.

>Are you a fucking shill?

I try not to be rude, but yeah I was wondering the same thing when I read that post.

Guccifer 2.0 actually exists and has come forward to assert his claim as a lone wolf, while his ties to the Russian government are, in fact, speculation.

that was from a piece done years earlier on a previous CONFIRMED instance of a hack done by the Russian groups. There is NO evidence that it was used in this recent hack. The CrowdStrike article doesn't mention it.

Did anyone seriously believe that russia was responsible?

they obviously just said that to cover their own asses and to take the pressure of of themselves

honestly I think I might be onto something here based on how dedicated this guy is to trying denying it

www2.fireeye.com/rs/848-DID-242/images/rpt-apt29-hammertoss.pdf

traces of HAMERTOSS were what they found on the DNC servers.

These leaks are what /cfg/ was going through originally. Fucking newfags.

that paper is from last year shill, and doesn't mention anything about the DNC

show me a source that shows that HAMMERTOSS was used on the DNC

That's some expert shillcraft.

I have a hunch we both know more than we say. Why did you make this thread anyway? Why did you sound so sure in the OP when evidence points to the contrary?

If that's the case, then Sup Forums will have to force their hand.

Sup Forums is tech savvy enough to implement something against media.

Either they tell the truth or the media and everyone working for it will understand the price of treason.

You know what to do, Sup Forums.

what do you like about it?

>Drowns himself in vodka

The hell are you on about? I'm just a NEET who doesn't like corruption in politics. If this spreads around through reddit and twitter than maybe it will convince people to actually look into sources rather than just blindly believing what the MSM says. which, of course, we just found out colludes with politicians directly. Are you going to disappear me?

btw, CrowdStrike said APT 29 "relied primarily on the SeaDaddy implant developed in Python and compiled with py2ex"

I chuckled

the problem they have is the evidence they release can never demonstrate anything they claim
most people don't care though

You're welcome

The original defenseone source explains it, but I guess this one is more clear:
defenseone.com/technology/2016/06/what-joint-chiefs-email-hack-tells-us-about-dnc-breach/129089/

HAMMERTOSS is the signature of ATP29, who crowd-strike detected as the attackers behind the DNC breach.

OK, yep, you're a shill

Crowdstrike said absolutely nothing about HAMMERTOSS in their report, there is no connection to APT 29

If you haven't noticed it, Wikileaks follows him on twitter

So if your hunch is correct, what else do you know? Do you think I'm a counter Hillary shill? How much do you get paid? Do you think I could do it?

>they got me! better use some Sup Forums buzzwords to try to convince them I'm one of them

Not saying that the Russians are behind all this (there needs to be concrete proof not just conjecture), but if I were the Russians or Putin or whatever, and trying to keep the origin of the leaks secret because the whole interfering in foreign elections thing would probably backfire, I don't think I would be retarded to outright say that I caused the leaks.

>But when we asked him to explain to us how he hacked into the DNC in Romanian, he seemed to stall us, and said he didn’t want to “waste” his time doing that. The few short sentences he sent in Romanian were filled with mistakes, according to several Romanian native speakers.

>The hacker said he left Russian metadata in the leaked documents as his personal ”watermark.” He also said he got kicked out of the network on June 12, when the DNC “rebooted their system.”

No, I didn't link to their report, I linked to the defenseone article that discusses that report, and other things. They have more information.

>On Tuesday, officials with the information security company Crowdstrike disclosed that APT29 had injected malware onto the DNC network about a year ago, enabling the hackers to pick up opposition research on Donald Trump, among other information.

>That bears resemblance to what Crowdstrike just discovered APT29 doing to the DNC.

Look, I'm finding out about the finer details of this case as we go along. It's neat I guess but that's not what I'm interested in. I want to know why you're so sure Guciffer 2.0 was a lone wolf.

does this prove to you otherwise? I'm browsing Sup Forums in the middle of the night on a monday morning for christs sake

They are making up for slavs starting the first world war by preventing the third.

all that is based on the assumption that Crowdstrike made in their report that there is a link between whoever hacked their servers and the two russian groups. There is nothing that point to that fact, besides their word. There isn't anything about the way it was hacked the is similar to previous hacks done by the Russian groups

>I want to know why you're so sure Guciffer 2.0 was a lone wolf.
What does it matter to you what some cunt says on an anonymous tibetan runecrafting imageboard? I've already told you why

Tip of the day
*If you are an American Jew blame Russians.*

>preventing

You mean accelerating. We're crashing this world with no copper.

youtu.be/4-I5Y9Lkmo0

Relax, my hunch is a little rude to be honest, but I guess it's worth explaining.

I've been watching Sup Forums for some time, seeing the narratives pushed and how certain posters react when those narratives are challenged. That, and a little digging into geopolitics
and reading the news
nytimes.com/2016/05/31/world/europe/russia-finland-nato-trolls.html?_r=0
bbc.com/news/blogs-eu-35413134

has lead me to believe pro-Putin shills have a heavy presence on Sup Forums. So when I saw this thread, and saw it being spammed into other threads as "proof" the Russians had nothing to do with the leaks, I got a little angry assuming this must be some attempt at a coverup.

But I guess it's rude to treat you as a shill when you might not be, so I'm sorry if it seemed like I was grilling you. I actually would like to know your theories on why Guccifer 2.0 might be acting alone.

well this is me if that shows you anything.
I don't give a fuck about Trump or Putin, I probably won't even vote this year. I really don't like Hillary though

If you follow my posts, it seems like the DNC found out they were hacked, paid off their in house security firm to release info saying it was russians in a verbouse blog post, then the MSM ran off with the story saying how it's proof the Russians were involved. All the subsequent media article work off the assumption made by CrowdStrike, which from what I can see is completely unfounded. There's nothing that connects the current hack to any previous hacks done by APT29

No. This isn't like the first Guccifer. It is likely that the original Guccifer has somehow transferred his powers to another person. But how?

Unless

*rock music*

The original Guccifer is still hacking emails from WITHIN THE PRISON

also, that "spamming" was all me, trying to get this information spread around

Russians did it and a video making fun of Muhammad is the reason Benghazi was attacked, the sooner you deal with it, the sooner you can quit supporting trump or you are literally russian and you can quit making fun of Muhammad or you are literally a terrorist.

These are pretty shit sources. I realize CNN and all the others are shit too, but you posted a fucking twitter and a WordPress. Cats and dogs have twitters and WordPress. Vice is debatable. I don't know them too well.

that wordpress is a confirmed source of info leaked by Guccifer2.0, the twitter is also his, and is followed by Wikileaks, the Vice article only shows that he says he doesn't have ties to Russia, the important bit is that there is nothing linking the hack by Guccifer2.0 to previous hacks by confirmed state-sponsored Russian hackers, which is the basis of the claim that this is Russia interfering in American politics