HOMESTUCK

Homestuck 2.0 was officially announced today:
youtube.com/watch?v=SxHnKT_2u64

What do you think the "secret project" is? Do you think Hussie is going to mostly work on Homestuck 2.0 or is he going to let other people do it while he moves on to something new?

Other urls found in this thread:

dictionary.com/browse/sylph
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Careful there, man. Jimmy the janitor hasn't had his didie changed yet.

Did I miss a thread?

The secret project is a TV show, we already knew that and this reveal just confirms it.

It's the TV show.

I think a TV show is still too ambitious at this stage. If it's anything like that, it'll probably just be a web series like CAD had.

It's people Dante Basco knew, I don't think he knows many web series people

does hussie even want to do this

Are we allowed to keep talking about the fucking comic now instead of the Freedom thread?

Also did the liveblogger hit cascade yet or what?

he held up his hand wrong, that motion can often mean "stop" or "back up" even if a horse isn't explicitly trained to learn that. people just naturally use their hands like that and horses pick up on it.

no

yes

Hussie is gone.

I think he wants to hang out at stables and pet horses

saying its a tv show doesnt even come close to telling us what we should expect. that could mean anything

Yeah even a TV show could just be, like, a documentary about the fandom or something.

Please no.
We were an awful fandom in our prime and nobody deserves to go through that.

My video is going to be a montage of Hussie making a series of bad decisions that lead to Act 7 being what it is, set to Eternity's Shylock. The Kickstarter and its constant failures and the scandal will be focal.

He's going to make a cartoon and be an even bigger hack than Alex Hirsch.

Maybe that's why he's doing all this. It's not for the money, it's for the horses.

Fuck off with that, it was no worse then any other medium to large fandom and the sort of shit that the fandom created was actually fucking astounding in its scope
If you want an awful fandom look at fucking bronys and bronycon

its just sex tapes of hussie fucking endless numbers of chubby jade cosplayers

Hussie's not going to TV producers for something that lame.

show me a hot chubby jade cosplayer

>Alex Hirsch makes the homestuck cartoon

This video is so fucking painful I can't actually watch it
Whats the gist?

i didnt say they were hot

but it would be fine for a web series
I wouldn't put it past Dante Basco to do something fandom-oriented

Assuming Homestuck 2.0 has the potential to not completely suck, what do you want to see?

Hopefully the secret project is a suicide cult.

TV couldn't handle that level of hackness.

Hussie tries to pet a horse, that's all you need to know

That already happened user. It was called act 6.

i just want hiveswap. undertale has proven to me that a homestuck game can not only work but be excellent. if hiveswap is close to as good as undertale ill be a happy little man

What Hussie?

Part of the reason Undertale worked is because it didn't have baggage

The world and characters were all made around the game. There was no overaching "canon" to worry about. A Homestuck game cannot have that luxury.

Deepest lore.

>Caliborn mastered animestuck
>Not satisfied with the haters
>Decides to take his genius to television audience with homostuck 2.0

Cute character interactions and Hussie actually talking to his audience once or twice

It's a point and click adventure game, and if you think that's the bad part then you are an example of what ruined the fandom.

name a more OP combination than Heir of Hope

Rouge of Void

>Tv series has an ACT 7 esque reaction with its ending as well
>Caliborn still pissed
>Goes another step further and makes Homostuck 3.0 The Movie
>Then suddenly SBaHJ the movie

that just makes things harder, it doesnt make things impossible. im not anticipating hiveswap being quite as unexpectedly good as undertale was but its got plenty of potential to be fun.

thanks, you reminded me to do this

Theif of light

Can I watch cascade now?

Lord of Hope

You haven't done it yet? Dude get on that shit

Only if you have your anal beads in

what are you even saying i cant decode this fucking code

do it

GET READY FOR THE RIDE

also if you get confused there's a recap that explains it relatively soon (like act 1 length) after

its pretty long if youd started watching it before you coulda come back in time for this thread

Or I'd come back and threads are still gone
Slow and steady wins the race

Time to leave this board forever.

It's hard to believe that Cascade is shorter than Collide. It feels so much longer, especially when it first dropped.

Just take screencaps as you watch it and do that whole recap thing

To get the genuine experience you have to wait several hours for Hussie to find a hosting solution that will work.

Are you going to take some screen caps throughout the flash and post them along with your thoughts or are you going to make one big post after you finish?

why Sylph as a class?

kek

To explain: when Cascade came out, the hype was so massive it DDOSed MSPA's servers. It also DDOSed Newgrounds, where the animation was being hosted. Andrew decided to upload it to MegaUpload (remember MegaUpload?)... and that went down too. I stayed up waiting for it, and I didn't get to see it until the next day. I have never, never, never been as hyped for anything before or since.

>tfw got to the megaupload before it crashed
That was a good day

I'm not sure of the exact question here.

I was hyped for Act 7.
;_;

>meanwhile collide and act 7 produced absolutely no server load
sad

The thing you've got to remember about Cascade is that there was a two month hiatus beforehand. At the time, that was so unheard of that it drove the entire fanbase insane. Completely insane.

If only we had known.

i think thats cos collide is a youtube video so you can hop around and navigate it more easily. makes it seem smaller in comparison. also its a lot less dense than cascade - a lot of time is filled with jokes and fun stuff whereas cascade is a fucking BLOCK of plot

Why the fuck not?

I mean even if they did, it's not like YouTube is gonna go down

Sylph is a class in Homestuck
but Sylph isn't a class, it's a type of fairy
Sylph being a class would be liking calling dog a class

Nothing fucking happens in Collide until the last five minutes or so

Everything before that is just sprites banging against each other and drawings that are meant to represent the sprites banging on each other

Cascade has a massive amount of shit going down

in 1st edition D&D "elf" and "halfling" are classes

Is heir a class? Is prince? Is captchalogue a word? There are like 600 other words you could make this argument about. Hussie likes to use weird names for things.

Post your epilogue ideas!

>all the disgusting cis hetero shit pairings happen in the dreambubbles
>the kids attend Jack Noir and Ms Paint's marriage
>Dave finally confesses his love to Karkat and they kiss each other
>Jade, Jake, Dirk and Jane play soccer
>Terezi sees a light in the end and the epilogue ends

This is pedantic as all hell. When has the classpect system ever been orthodox?

Heir or Prince still make more since, since they're a type of person. Sylph isn't.

Or elf a class? Or vampire a class?

A class can be whatever you want. If it really bugs you, think of it as 'someone who acts like a sylph'

>and they kiss each other
You're aiming too low. Graphic sex scene or go home.

WITCH IS CLASS
WITCH ISNT CLASS, TYPE OF HALLOWEED MONSTER
WHICH BIENG CLASS IS LIKE HAN SOLO BEING A CLASS
UNGA BUNGA

dictionary.com/browse/sylph

noun
a slender, graceful woman or girl.

Just to hammer the point that everyone else is making home.

i dont know how youve managed to make collide sound bad. be real with yourself collide is fucking hype. pure joy and adrenaline non-stop for 18 minutes.

I admit defeat

yeah but it's like a popcorn action flick
just a lot of fight scenes and not much substance

[S] Enter felt like it had more things going on than Collide.

Page of Hope

I made it sound bad because, except for the Heir of Grief section, it was. It was overlong and pointless.

(The Heir of Grief part was god-tier though)

>kanaya
>aranea
>graceful
I guess some roles are meant to be a challange

It did. It was much shorter, but far more actually important shit went down.

The only cool thing about Collide is Fraymotifs.

Collide is objectively the worst flash because Spades Slick dies.

Aranea's thighs are graceful, user!

so was Cascade
>10 minutes doing close ups on people and showing stuff that already happened

well then, very unconventional, and i haven't heard of what a sylph is until homestuck, but well then

Hussie's use of the flashes early on in homestuck felt very calculated, like he was maximizing plot progression as much as possible in a short animation. WV: Ascend is like that too.

Who else is excited for Nepetaquest 2018?

It would be but the art was distractingly cartoony and aside from fraymotifs and the Felt battle the fights dragged on too long with not much visual appeal and the enemies, who were built up as having all sorts of invincibility and had demonstrated much more menace in the past, felt incredibly depowered.

Also Slick died. Fuck that.

Cascade, off the top of my head:
>Jade goes god-tier
>WQ, WK, and AR die
>WV gets impaled
>We see how Jack got to the trolls' session
>Slick shoots Snowman
>The Tumor CREATES the Green Sun instead of destroying it
>Dave and Rose go god-tier
>First face-to-face in-the-flesh meeting between kids and trolls
>Bunny subplot ends

Collide:
>All the villains die, except LE, who gets no resolution whatsoever, the Felt, who just get beat up or hogtied, and DD, who is forgotten about
>Spades Slick (who is not a villain, as he did nothing wrong) also dies
>Dirk dies, but this has no weight since we know he'll be instantly revived (and he is)
>Blatant Undertale references
>Things go just according to keikaku

HOLY SHIT
O
L
Y
S
H
I
T

Is liveblogger-chan there or did she die from hype overdose

oh

ALSO READ WATCH THE NEXT FLASH (It's in the next page)

Who were the most useless assholes in Collide?

Haven't been in the threads in a while, good job not getting b& by the way, what's with this Homestuck 2.0 talk?