Lucky Luke was a series from the 40s-70s in France...

Lucky Luke was a series from the 40s-70s in France, one of the first among Spirou and Gaston to be true longform graphic novel BDs. Originally a cartoony gag comic, for it's 70th anniversary, legendary franco-belgian comic artist Bonhomme was given the reins to pen a return to the franchise, re-interpreting Luke using his vast comic-making experience, and the result shot to the top becoming the best selling book in France and Belgium since late April. This came out last month and even if you aren't european, you'll probably have seen it somewhere. I can't understate how huge of a single TPB this is.

and now, it's been translated.

Buckle up, it's storytime:
>the Man Who Shot Lucky Luke

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hHVBzLGAIbU
sendspace.com/file/v6sgyc
sendspace.com/file/ely9jb
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is amazing. I loved Lucky Luke when I was a kid!

Thanks OP.

me too, I watched the old hannah barbara cartoon. It's surreal to see it this awesome. yw, bro

sorry about the hack-job of scanslating but I wanted to be fast about it.

:(

if any of you guys know a site I can upload this cbz without registering let me know

:(

well...

....that's all.

a song to end on
youtube.com/watch?v=hHVBzLGAIbU

thanks fellas.

.....every single lucky luke comic, from the very beginning, has ended with him singing that song. Every single one.

Perfect. Thanks, OP.

This had a gameboy game back in the day and everytime you shot someone their pants would fall down.

I love the excuse to keep him from smoking was that there was no tobacco to be found. It was clever.

Smoking isnt the cool thing it used to be.

I really wanted to read Bonhomme's Texas Cowboy comics, but they're not only impossible to find, but also I don't think they've been translated from french yet.

>Two Pair, Aces and Eights

Of course.

it's huge because his cigarette is iconic, too. Fitting they'd take something as massive as this anniversary comic, and do a big thing with it. Making it a bit more serious was perfect... it's rare you get a cartoony thing get srs'd up and have it be this good.

like, REALLY good.

again if you guys have a site I can upload the CBR let me know.

if you have scans, dude, I'll get cracking on it. After this, it'd be amazing I bet

Nah, I couldn't find them anywhere. But it's ok, I'm learning french and one day I'll read all those damn BDs by myself!

welcome! I've learned a ton of french that way, enough to translate these!

...it's a pipe dream but I'd do about anything for bonhomme to take up the mantle and do another one. This was SO fuckin' good, so cinematic. yknow?

Yeah, it's really atmospheric. Have you read pre-flashpoint Jonah Hex? It's pretty great, you should check it out.

That was great OP, used to read LL in my native language and loved it. Thanks for story timing.

You could try sendspace.com to upload the cbr, don't know how well it handles larges files though.

rad, here you are:

sendspace.com/file/v6sgyc

feel free to share this wherever you like, however you like, until they release a real translation that you can buy.

God bless you

Missed Page 12.

Not OP, grabbed it from the cbz here The page order appears to be wrong in it, don't know how to fix that myself.

The coloration is so simple yet amazing. And a real continuation of Morris' colors.

I love how Luke was prevented from smoking, like he always did in his old comics, and finally settled for the straw he used to chew in his cartoons. Nice touch.

>one of the first among Spirou and Gaston to be true longform graphic novel BDs
But.... Gaston was never longform.

Anyway, thanks for sharing OP.

fuck, I'm really sorry. This is the first time I've done all this lol.

here, AND in apology, it's in high resolution, so it'll look far better!

thanks, sorry again... maybe you can read it easier now for yourself?

sendspace.com/file/ely9jb

>rolling cigarettes in the rain when you could just go under a porch
Now you're just being dumb, Luke.

he wasn't? who am I thinking of then? damn.

well, admittedly I've only really read a bunch of spirou and more official tpbs

he was desperate, bro. desperation makes a fool of us all

how fucking nasty would dry, stale, shitty tobacco taste after getting rained on and muddied up

Speaking of Spirou, I'm interested in storytiming the latest album which sees the return of the Marsupilami, but I'm not used to downloading franco-belgian comics so I can't find it.

I know Luke's always had a weird face but this one looks literally asian.

>why doesn't Lucky Luke just rape the Daltons?

>who am I thinking of then?
Siprou, Tintin or Astérix

"Terracotta" doesn't feel like a word some schmo in the middle of nowhere in the west would use.
>there was literally a mining town named Terra Cotta
My mistake I guess.

he squints a lot. everyone in bonhomme's comics has eyes like that desu

terra cotta is a red clay, the pots made from it are named for it. It's a racist reference

I love how veryone being super on edge because they can^t have a smoke is a major plot point.

While the thing with the cigarettes was nice, I also enjoy the way you keep expecting Jolly Jumper to start talking, but he never does.

Very nice. I'd love for this to become a regular thing. Like every couple of volumes do a serious Luke story.

Of course it would be a fucking fakeout.
Might aswell read capeshit.

Great read, thanks!

Spirou got a chance at more serious stuff, it's turned out great so far, so I would have no prob with bonhomme who clearly knows his way around westerny shit to do more

.............I'm gonna miss Doc tho

This is how you do a gritty reboot. Despite everything Luke is still Luke and that's what makes it great.
It's kinda like if you put Trinity in the world of Unforgiven.

Westerns featuring nonwhites aren't particularily unusual in the first place.

In French comics, that is.

>it's turned out great so far

The Machine that Dreams isn't controversial as fuck, yes.

What's with all those "modern revivals" of old European characters lately and why did Corto Maltese's have to suck so fucking much?