/sino/ - 中文

Spicy 白酒 edition.

The thread for posting in Chinese and discussion about the Chinese-speaking world, culture, life, travel, economics, geopolitics, etc.

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=5AFlet0ZwOg

>Learning resources:
pastebin.com/KpgEG6G9
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9QDHej9UGAdQ0k4MXF0SXdTcGM

>Recommended TV Series:
movie.douban.com/tv/#!type=tv&tag=国产剧&sort=rank&page_limit=20&page_start=0

>Recommended Movies:
movie.douban.com/explore#!type=movie&tag=华语&sort=recommend&page_limit=20&page_start=0

>Literal Chinese cartoons:
bangumi.bilibili.com/guochuang/
ac.qq.com/event/cartoon2016/index.html

>Chinese Manga:
ac.qq.com/
u17.com/

>Online Novels:
qidian.com/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0887276407/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1512443630&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=integrated chinese level 1 part 1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Where/what can I properly learn mandarin from?

peru did you get a Sup Forums pass, Peru?

Real China

yep

國家反對的是一個人!
身份不是一個對象!
我的身份對象中國的反對!

實景國家命名的中國

congratulations peru. Peru, What are you going to use it on?

Without Corbyn there would be no new Britain

沒有科比,就不會有新的英國

If you're already done with school, I would suggest auditing a Chinese class at a cheap community college. I can't imagine building the foundation I did without a class to start me off.

After that, I used random things like Memrise. Get yourself a Hello Talk subscription. Use transliteration on everything you read and it eventually just sticks

您已經在學校做的,我會建議審計的同胞。 我無法想像,曼克對建立一個榮耀的新基礎並不感興趣。

使用隨機的東西,如內存。 會議在其他人之前音譯自己!

Hola mi pata como está tu progresso en el chino?Ya logras a escribir frases?

你好,我的腿因為是中國自己的進步嗎?你設法寫的句子?

I would say if you have the opportunity to learn Chinese in a classroom setting (with a good teacher of course), don't pass it up. I can't stress the importance of having a teacher teaching face to face being able to instruct you and help you past the most difficult parts.
In my entire Chinese studying, the best teachers I've had were the toughest ones. The ones that really challenge you, don't baby their students, and give honest feedback will be the ones that can make the good students great.
Don't half-ass Chinese. I speak Spanish so I know, it's easy to jump between European languages. Chinese isn't this way, since it's so far removed from Europe. So when you study, you really have to concentrate your efforts.
I don't think my Chinese is good enough yet to read those old books. 【扯嘴】

Reminder that peru cuteposted yesterday Let's enjoy it together

Mmmmm 煎饼

Too much spinach I-M-O

白酒 is great and my favorite

You lads done your daily meditations yet ?

have you don't falun jump out of a window yet

Falun Gong propaganda not allowed in this thread

FOR CHINAAA!!!!!

>Communist party shills are TERRIFIED of someone doing 5 poses

hmmmmm

I hate the CCP, m8. I'm just not a retarded lefty who thinks it's okay to die when your sick when medicine exists.

Morning Gents

yes, the falun group is linked to the intelligence agency of us and has been proven to take massive donation from politicians in the us

if you are smart you should stay far from them
that is if you are smart

Ask an intellectual with an IQ of 175 anything.

I like China but not really

Should i enrol in a course? I just came back from China and my grandparents told me to learn chinese.

I can ascertain any of your IRL personalities just through a simple chess game.

It's the most important language next to English. I'd say you should for sure

简体还/還是繁體好?

What's it feel like to have a low EQ?

What is it like? I dont want to pay $400 only to hate it. Im mainly learning it because my grandparents told me to

Doesn't feel like anything because I have no empathy or sympathy for anybody or anything except for myself.

FUCK COMMUNISM but the Chinese string music and the castles are cool

It's a really cool language. Being that it's so old, the structure is very simple. No masculine/feminine words, no plural, no past tense. It's rough starting out, but you don't have to spend time learning an alphabet, so you get to jump right into vocab and sentence structure. You'll be having basic conversation and reading (very basic) conversational Chinese by the end of your first semester.

I'm a white and my wife is from China, so I get a lot of practice in now. It's presented me with a lot of business opportunities, too

Is china ever going to make it?

your grandparents would like you to
you can do whatever you want with your life

Okay ill just listen to my grandparents
Do you have any book recommendations on sentence structure? I dont just want to be memorising sentences

Good post.

This is the book I was taught with. There's a Chinese style "drama" that takes place throughout the whole book and keeps you wanting to continue studying to understand what's going on.
If you don't plan on taking a class and doing self study, I would recommend practicing each character in each chapter about 50 times per day to burn it into your memory. You'll never need to write Chinese, you'll only ever use predictive text, but the writing while you study helps you remember.

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0887276407/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1512443630&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=integrated chinese level 1 part 1

Wow thats the prescribed book the course recommended and its only $26.

Bad post

If the class is using this book, then it's probably a quality class. This book is the single most useful tool I had when starting out

But the class is $400 for once a week for 10 weeks and the textbook already comes with pronunciation cds.
Is this worth going to class for?
Do you have any personal experience in taking classes vs self study?

早上好,香港同胞
今天早上吃点儿什么呢?
广东的什么佳肴最能引起你的食欲呢?
两个都行,可是因为中国大陆的就业就读机会较多,学习简体字对学习者来说更有帮助。
只有社会主义才能救中国。
>no plural
在中文和其他东亚语言中,复数还是单数得看上下文,这个概念并不是完全不存在的。
>no past tense
了、已、过等字可以相当于欧洲语言的过去式。

As in $400 for a 10 week course that runs once a week

If you have the self motivation and create a schedule for yourself, you could easily do the course on your own

>do the course on your own
Worst idea ever. Chinese isn't something you can study on your own. You need input from a native speaker that knows how to teach.
Learning a language without help of a native speaker is like trying to recreate a work of art based off of someon's second hand description. Nigh impossible.

pff

should I post my handwriting?

Mi pataaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Como estás?

only if its traditional

Why the hell not? We're strangers on the Internet, we can't bully you for real.
Don't listen to him --->

Yes.

hola,
estoy bien
y tu?

should i betray my race?

Muy bien, pero un poco soñolento.
Ya has hecho progresso en el chino?

si un poco
porque preguntas?

I guess you're right. I've always had a native to ask, like my wife

Tengo interéz em aprender chino año siguiente.

What's your race? And yes

numbers and some other characters from my study notebook

My race is the masterrace. I will take your suggestion into consideration.

te gustan las chinas?

ya veo, muy bien

Las china y las japonesas.Peru-kun
Principalmente las pequeñas
Gracias

Ummm.No sé quien es el verdadero Perú

Getting a native Chinese wife was an amazing decision. Conservative without the religion, but still fine with gays. Cooks awesome meals. Sex literally on demand. Also successful obv. And her parents will probably throw cash at you to make sure she's taken care of

99.99% foreign girls that I seem to take a liking to just happen to be very good players at the game I am playing with them.

Aka surrounding themselves with loads of guys and forcing them to compete in order to win her over.

It's a game that you can't win, so I chose not to play.

Just looking for that 0.01% chance of me getting a foreign girl that I find sexually attractive and can keep up with my superior mental prowess at the same time. I'd race mix her genes before anybody else got the opportunity to ASAP.

>Just looking for that 0.01% chance of me getting a foreign girl that I find sexually attractive
Who is also new to the game, a virgin, of course....

You need to find a Chinese girl studying mathematics or accounting, then. They're more concerned with career and education than whoring around.

When my wife and I got married, her family wired us over $60,000 USD as a wedding gift

prostitutes > gfs

fuck

Funny story, I actually had a very lovable Chinese girl who was studying mathematics and accounting wrapped around my fingers a while back.

But I spilled my spaghetti.

Shut up, Peru.

I'm glad you can see things my way :^).
Not bad, honestly pretty good. The characters will look more natural once you get more practice and exposure to natives' penmanship.
The more you write, the more cursive you'll naturally integrate into your writing.
But you're a beginner so don't worry... the hard stuff comes later.
Hey, man, I'm just being honest based on my experience. At the beginning, and middle stages you really do need a proper teacher's guidance. Once you get to a certain level, you can kind of take care of yourself with help from the occasional Chinese friend.

Oh no, user. What happened

I dont know why but i have an easier time getting laid by foreign exchange students then my own people.
western girls are a lot more open once they realise that you got a bit of their groove.

>tfw qt3.14 western girl neighbor that lived by me knocks on my door and asks me to borrow pen
>me being the awesome detective I am, managed to immediately deduce that she wanted my penis, not just my pen
>do not let her into my apartment though because it's filled with trash and didn't want her to see my unkempt, unclean, dirty appearance.
>reach into my pocket for my expensive fountain pen that I always carry with me in cases of emergency
>hand the pen to her and then quietly shut the door
>peek through the eyehole of my door and see her milling about in front of my door for a while
>she leaves
>never see her again
and that is how I am filled with regret today at not taking my chance to slay the great white pussy that was given to me through holy divine intervention
She was too cute. That's what happened. I'm like Agent Cody Banks when it comes to interacting with attractive girls.

I feel this is a common theme with chinese women. I met a native chinese in china only for a short while and she was very nice.
But whats with people saying theyll turn i to batshit crazy after she has you locked down?

did you grow up in the usa?
most asians who grow up outside of their respective country always seem to become some sort of pussies.

yea i did. i'm also a huge pussy. go figure.

This is super true. ABC's are ultra pussies. And they all identify with black people. It's really odd. After heading an international networking group and studying Chinese, I literally don't give ABC's any of my time out of choice

Can't stand ABC girls tbqh had a crush on one, never again. BUT I STILL LOVE HER

This interests me. I am ABC. Im Please elaborate how ABCs compare to non-abcs

from my experience especially my cousins and other friends who were raised abroad (europe/usa) always seem to end up being some sort of permavirgin geeks and antisocial af. Its as if they were suppressed all their life to the point they ended up like some docile depressed manchildren.

Giant pussies who can only stand up for themself while circlejerking on leddit while the girls are off whoring themself to the wh*Tes while emphasizing how different Asian people are but secretly they all have themselves

Hate*

很多ABC向我看到可爱的美女骨头就会变软.

可是跟普通的女生交流,没有什么很大的问题.

你们也是的么?

Oh wow... it describes me abit too accurately. It has to be a coincidence right? Not all ABCs are like this (me) right? This is a coincidence right?

Not all, some just don't give a fk about what people think of them. But for me I rather go for blacks than fkin ABC chicks

Just buck up and realize what your Asian heritage is. You're not a liberal. You're a proud ass dude who can be good with ladies and make money. Look at the some of the top Asian comedians on YouTube, and think about how different they are from most ABCs you know

ABC girls are the best azn girls to go after. The Chinese-born ones are the ones that you have to watch out for. They are pure evil.

Wait wait wait. Are most ABCs as you describe or youre only describing some of the worse ones? because my friends are like that too and im like that too. I just dont know. Is this really the typical ABC?

wrong abc girls are mostly degenerated sluts while mainlanders are gold diggers if you want the quiet smart traditional chinese girl you gotta go for the hgk girl.

>Being this retarded

That's the ABC stereotype that I learned from natives

Not going after chinks ever again still can't forget about my old crush send help