What should DC do with Etrigan?

What should DC do with Etrigan?

Have him run for president again but this time he wins

Give him a fucking ongoing, and Shazam as well

I think DC's hurdle with a lot of its B and C listers is that it doesn't have a staple team book for them to be featured in. They tried expanding the Justice League line with JLD and JLU but both were cancelled. Justice Society is sequestered on the mess of Earth 2, and Doom Patrol hasn't proven to be able to sustain an ongoing. You're left with the core JL, Teen Titans, and maybe Sqwuad.

Basically DC should keep trying to make a team book where characters like Etrigan can appear.

What you're describing is Demon Knights.

I know it's a joke but that's a really bad idea

Which was cancelled unfortunately. As much as it would lose some of the charm of the original, a Demon Knights set in the modern day might sell better and have a longer life.

They could always have Jason Blood lose Etrigan, and have him become bound with someone else that Blood takes under his wing while rapidly aging

>Etrigan Beyond

According to the lore, Demon Knights set in the modern age was Stormwatch.

I don't think any writer at DC is a good fit, so it would probably be best to get someone from outside to reintroduce the character. Like when Matt Wagner did a 4 issue mini after the character popped up in Moore's Swamp Thing

they should make an ongoing but only if they find a passionate enough writer with good rhymes

Demon Knights biggest crime was not having Etrigan rhyme.

Get Alan Grant to write him again. Or to write anything, really.

Put Ennius back on that shit
or better yet put eric powell

I don't know get back to the roots?

>Blood of the Demon
eep

ongoing by Keith Giffen

possibly find Alan Grant and bring him back

There aren't enough words that can describe just how much I hate this idea user. Good on you.

This. No Really, and throw in Hellboy too.

why is Abomination cosplaying Robin?

He did rhyme, just not all the time.

Demon looks so good on this cover

Push a Madame Xanadu ongoing, with Etrigan as a recurring character.

Horror anthology good idea

>what should DC do with Etrigan
They should focus on jason blood and how the demon has tormented for years.

Maybe not a solution for Etrigan but something I'd like to see is The Demon written more like the Exorcist with just the slightest touches of Hellboy, particularly when it comes to depictions of Hell and how humans deal with the demonic.

Give him pants

The fantasy-horror side of the DC universe is criminally underused these days, so I want an anthology to build it up again.

Ban this man