Toonami Ratings for 5/7/16

Demarco took us on the ruse cruise with the Dimension W replacement. On May 21st, 2 new (shocking) episodes of DBZ will air midnight and 12:30.

On May 28th there will be an all night Samurai Champloo marathon. With this in mind, it could be over 2 weeks till we hear what replaces Dimension W.

A brand new season of Samurai Jack is being made for Adult Swim Toonami. A sneak peak will be shown at the Annecy Festival in June.

Adult Swim is funding two new 6 episode seasons of FLCL. Expected release is late 2017/early 2018.

Last weeks ratings saw a nice little spike until One Piece which had a huge drop off, and Parasyte stuck in a rerun rut. This week was pretty much the same thing, no quads though.

12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai 1370 0.67 844
12:30a Dimension W 1167 0.60 764
1:00a Hunter X Hunter 1057 0.54 684
1:30a Samurai Champloo 963 0.48 606

2:00a Naruto: Shippuden 863 0.41 525
2:30a One Piece 746 0.36 453
3:00a Parasyte 657
0.32 400

first

DBZ rerun sucked pretty bad

8:00 Dragon Ball Z Kai (r) 0.43 639 0.18
8:30 King of the Hill (r) 0.40 555 0.18
9:00 King of the Hill (r) 0.45 623 0.23
9:30 The Cleveland Show (r) 0.57 857 0.33

10:00 The Cleveland Show (r) 0.67 990 0.42
10:30 American Dad (r) 0.77 1185 0.51
11:00 Family Guy (r) 1473 0.66
11:30 Family Guy 1638 0.74

Friendly reminder that One Piece is literally the best selling comic book in history.

Comedy reruns were pretty low this week

3:30a The Cleveland Show (r) 619 0.28
4:00a The Cleveland Show (r) 654 0.31

4:30a American Dad (r) 664 0.31
5:00a King of the Hill (r) 670 0.30
5:30a King of the Hill 673 0.29

So, about this Dimension W replacement business. Do you think I will eat my words? Let's see what is left on the 2016 schedule
>Dimension W replacement
>Champloo replacement
>Samurai Jack is for sure one of those

So what, 1 maybe 2 more new shows before 2017?

In retrospect, I don't know why we were expecting to hear news on a new show this past Saturday. They always, ALWAYS, do a Memorial Day marathon, so if a new show had premiered on the 17th, the schedule would've been like
>5/21 - New Show episode 1
>5/28 - Marathon
>6/4 - New Show episode 2

That's highly disruptive for a new show. Inuyasha: The Final Act had a similar situation where it only got two episodes in before a movie month, and it took a while to recover from that (coupled with the fact that the movie month in question was the one that nearly killed Toonami). So, by giving DBZ Kai a full hour for the week between DW's end and the Champloo marathon, the new show can get at least a full month in before potentially being interrupted.

But people will meme and assume the full hour of Kai is permanent.

Even if they didn't start the new show right away, they could have at least said what it will be, as a morale booster and assurance that something actually is coming.

Right now, this just indicates that they genuinely have nothing lined up and DW will be replaced by a mediocre last minute deal like Champloo.

Anyway, when do we find out now? After May 21st, right?

I know it's only May, but how would you guys rate the YEAR OF SANJI so far?

*in Japan

This was stupid for Demarco to do. Now my mediocre expectations have been raised because it's delayed AND he was smug about it being worth the wait

Samurai Jack isn't going to replace DW or Champloo, that'd be far too soon. At this point I'm expecting an 11:30 expansion to accommodate it. Meaning we can probably expect three new shows counting Samurai Jack.

Which honestly isn't bad, that'd push the total up to six new shows for 2016, which is one more than 2015 and tied with 2013's total.

>Anyway, when do we find out now? After May 21st, right?
May 21st during the first DBZ Kai.

>double DBZ
>marathon

Alrighty, looks like I'm not tuning in for a few weeks

Oh yes I know I should have been clear, Samurai Jack will be a new show but I don't expect it to replace either Champloo or DW

Which mediocre battle shonen will save Toonami?

So he's admitting he has nothing

Jojo

So if they're doing two "new" episodes of DBZ Kai, does that mean that they want to get to the Buu Saga faster?

>tfw best DBZ girl will be on Toonami very soon

>the stuff we have coming this year
>it's Bebop and SJ reruns

No it means Jason "Toonami Killer" Demarco doesn't have a new show lined up and needed a last minute solution.

Also, it keeps the DBZ rerun at 8 on track since we skip one the next week

Are the 4 we already have not good enough?

I think we could have implied this will how smug and confident he was last week that no show would be revealed on preflight

In the entire world. It's in the Guinness Book of World Records.

Are you functionally retarded?

>legally sanctioned anime thread on Sup Forums
>faggots waste it every week talking about Demarco and ratings

Do you faggots even like anime or are you part of the sect that think anime peaked in the early 2000s when you were kids watching Toonami?

No anime could ever beat Dragonball Z and Big O, rite?

Why not do two episodes of Hunter X Hunter instead of DBZ?

FUCKING THIS

TALK ABOUT THE JANITOR OR SHOWS OR LITERALLY ANYTHING ELSE BESIDES THE NECKBEARD-IN-CHIEF

FUCK YOU

>tfw torn between based owl and cat

good for the manga

the anime still sucks though

they want good ratings

no

>the anime still sucks though

Sup Forums seems to be enjoying it.

Here was the winner of the special mother's day Hungry Games.

How much black dick can CQC take in one night?

>theyre trying to get through dbz faster
oh no
they got db super didnt they

This isn't an anime general you dumbass. It's actually is for ratings discussion

Keeps the DBZ rerun at 8 on track

All I ever see is bitching about it. Top complaint for this arc is 90% of the dialog is various forms of FUCKING SCREAMING

>air 2 episodes one night
>skip it entirely the next week

It literally changes nothing. Is correct

>2 eps of Kai
>Champloo marathon

Or they didn't want to start a show, then go immediately into a marathon the next week.

If anything they would have to air Kai Final Chapters first.

They could have still announced it though and said it was coming in June. They didn't which means they have nothing

That's just the same shitposter every week.

There's really nothing to say about ratings though. Certainly not enough to warrant a general every single week.

There's plenty to talk about with anime tho.

>This isn't an anime general you dumbass

Uh, it's a Toonami thread you dumbass.

They're probably waiting for Dimension W to end since they have the opportunity to do things this way. Not a big deal.

I never post about it but the constant yelling has started to get pretty grating

>implying you're not the shitposter

So I guess you're the Nami shitposter then?

Yes, TOONAMI, not anime in general

It's a weekly Toonami thread. Not Sup Forums on Sup Forums like you seem to think

Yes of course. I'm among those that enjoyed toonami and anime back on cartoon network/adult swim. I mostly watch torrents these days but this is truly the only free anime thread that comes about every week that I find like-minded people to talk about new series from time to time. Not everyone just shit posts this thread.

Oda is married, has two children, and is a mutlimillioniare from drawing pirate comics that sell better than anything else in the entire world.

What have you done with your life?

>It's a weekly Toonami thread.

Then discuss Tom and Sara. Who can actually talk about ratings every week like this? Fucking losers.

That Chopper is cute! CUTE!

Yes, very good. Chopper tends to be cute.

If only more people got the idea like you.

I just hope for something more exciting. Dimension W and Parasyte were just not interesting for me.

Slayers?

cuuuuuute

Nope, but I applaud that mans ability to cast out the exact same bait every week and get 50-100 replies

>old as fuck poorly drawn shit

"no"

This is such a fucking joke.

You just don't get it. Ratings start the discussion, but that ends quick. The rest is general Toonami/future show discussion

>he's never seen Slayers

Kids these days.

>The rest is general Toonami/future show discussion

Right, so anime. Talk about anime.

Am I the only one who doesn't understand Hero Academia? I tried to read it when it first started and I just couldn't follow it.

Everyone has watched Slayers, old shows are rating poison
Also, Fate on toonami when?

>Everyone has watched Slayers,

Doesn't seem like it.

>Also, Fate on toonami when?
OLD SHOWS ARE RATING POISON faggot.

>old shows are rating poison
I'd like to hear your reasoning for this statement.

And people do talk about anime. But only potential Toonami anime. Moeshit and other stuff that would never hit Toonami gets deleted

>old shows are rating poison
>12:00a Dragon Ball Z Kai 1370 0.67 844

Slayer-hating faggot

Yes, F/Z is from 2011 and UBW is from 2014, the shows are "new" for toonami standards

It's a fact confirmed by Demarco is why. It's already a hard sell convincing people to watch relatively new stuff weekly rather than streaming it

>inb4 b-b-but muh DBZ d-does so g-good

>And people do talk about anime.

So do it, you piece of shit. Stop metaposting and start anime posting, you fat and ugly product of incest.

Fate sucks and is for waifufags.

>It's a fact confirmed by Demarco is why.
That's not evidence, that's an anecdote with no source.

Relax guy, we all knew what the new show should be

Ah there he is
>Family Guy lead in
>DBZ is unbelievably popular with anime fans and normies alike because everyone watched it after school when they were 8

So, this week DW ending
Next week two new episodes of DBZ
Week after is another two new episodes of DBZ and possible new show reveal
Week after after that is Champloo marathon
Week after champloo is new show?

>DBZ is unbelievably popular with anime fans and normies alike because everyone watched it after school when they were 8

And Slayers isn't? Slayers was my shit after school on Fridays on the International Channel. Watched that and Pop Japan TV.

No, it's not. When was the last time you saw dank black Twitter Slayers memes? Oh right, never.

I don't even remember Slayers being on after school for that matter

You know what was a real piece of shit tho?

Bakuman.

>I don't even remember Slayers being on after school for that matter

Let me guess, you were born in 1997 and started watching anime in 2011?

Where the fuck did you get that?
>DW ends this week
>double DBZ next week
>Champloo Marathon the 28th
>new show allegedly starts the following week
>Champloo ends sometime in July

>I don't even remember Slayers being on after school

Did you have television growing up?

>doesn't remember Slayers

How old are you?

>I don't even remember Slayers being on after school for that matter

You have to turn on your television for it to work, user.

Alright so I'm not crazy, Slayers was never on Toonami. Sorry that my child self never found whatever obscure channel it aired on

so uh,since this is adult swim,what are the chances of seeing actual hentai on toonami like the rance once for example?
or is something like that suited more to hbo?

ITT: Assburgers don't realize that not everyone had the same channels as them or lived in the same time zones.

Demarco thinks any lewd materials with females is too icky

>Sorry that my child self never found whatever obscure channel it aired on

Apology accepted.

Yet somehow we all had Cartoon Network and watched Toonami? What a piss poor argument.

>Yet somehow we all had Cartoon Network and watched Toonami?
Because every channel that ever existed was available on every cable/satellite provider in every nation on earth and there is no such thing as exclusive channels.

And no fucking shit a thread about a block on cartoon network will be full of people who watched that block and had that channel.

Cartoon Network is in pretty much every cable package. The channel that aired Slayers is not

Hero Academia is a by-the-book Shonen, but it does it well. If you're not a fan of cliches, it's not for you.

>There was a time when Naga's tits were seen as massive for anime

So what kinds of shows could replace Dimension W and Samurai Champloo that would save Toonami?

>Hero Academia
>Blood Blockade Battlefront
>Dragonball Super
>Tiger and Bunny
>One Punch Man
>Assassination Classroom

>MHA
Confirmed no, airing on the Funi channel
>BBB
Could be but I doubt it would justify this delay
>Super
Demarco would be shitting right in our mouth with this
>T&B
Again, doesn't justify this delay since its older
>OPM
Implied on Demarco's ask a few days ago to not be coming right now
>AssClass
Maybe, but I'd worry that it's less action and more SoL.

Slayers

Dimension W is also airing on the Funimation channel, so My Hero Academia is still on the table. Also I'm not sure what you mean by "justify this delay" because show acquisitions and contracts are done months in advance. Whatever is replacing Dimension W has been decided probably within a few episodes of Dimension W's broadcast. Jason said it's a matter of "when they're allowed to announce the show", which sometimes is also part of the contract they make because every case is unique.

i heard somewhere that the opm dub is gonna come at the end of this year

DeMarco is likely a little boy who thinks girls has cooties