'Wonder Woman' Tracking for Solid $65M Box-Office Debut

"Warner Bros. and DC's Wonder Woman should command at least $65 million in its North American debut next month, according to early tracking.

That's on par with the first outings in the Thor and Captain America franchises.

Wonder Woman is unchartered territory in that it's the first female-led superhero movie from a major Hollywood studio since Elektra. Gal Gadot stars in the title role, while Patty Jenkins directed.

Those with access to tracking say interest is strongest among males who are 25 and older, followed by females 25 and older. The good news for Warners is that the movie is appealing to younger males and females as well.

Wonder Woman opens in theaters June 2."

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/wonder-woman-tracking-solid-65m-box-office-debut-1002583
thewrap.com/wonder-woman-tracking-for-100-million-opening-to-start-june/
youtube.com/watch?v=Oa1d0YIWawQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

forgot the source: hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/wonder-woman-tracking-solid-65m-box-office-debut-1002583

Can't wait for more Disney shilling.

how the fuck do they predict this shit? what metrics do they use?

>muh sales projections

>unchartered
>first female led since elektra

Unchartered doesnt mean that its been done before

Yeah I don't think so. Reads like a DC press release. Everyone projects huge numbers.

Omogono

>half as much as Redditors of the Galaxy
LUL

pre-sold tickets. It will be more accurate close to opening. obviously.

2 BILLION EASILY

B
I
L
L
I
O
N

8 MILLION EASILY

M
I
L
L
I
O
N

wow that's way more obvious than I thought.

>eah I don't think so. Reads like a DC press release. Everyone projects huge numbers.

you didn't read this one thewrap.com/wonder-woman-tracking-for-100-million-opening-to-start-june/

also social media interactions can indicate interest relative to past openings

so long it beats the $140M dominating figures of GoTG2 i'd be laughing lol

But they haven't sold 60 million pre-sold tickets

They sold a lot less and are using that number to extrapolate what non-presales will be like

However, this movie will obviously have a lot of fanatics compared to people casually interested.
It's going to be a lot less in actual sales.

>People were bitching about the 80 million prediction
>Solid 65 million

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Market study and focus groups,

Fools. Wonder Woman has to make 10 billion to break. If not then it'll bomb and DC will be finished.

The article is projecting based on social media buzz. President Sanders approves.

>breaking even the first weekend
>at $500M becomes more profitable than Civil War
How will Sup Forums ever recover?

t. /Guardian if the rebbit/

dude we sold one pre-sold ticket seven days ago week and 128 today! That means we'll sell a 268 million by opening day!

>dude Sup Forums is going to be so upset when a movie that looks terrible isn't!

RIP DC

>$65 millions on opening without marketing
Why is DC so based?

He has a small penis irl

That's been proven false

>Only $65 million

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHH

>120 million budget
>65 million is breaking even

Kek

just like DC having good movies

>h-hopefull wonder woman beats literal who superheroes, that will show them

So this is the savior of the DCEU?

A solid 50%

>65 million

Holy fuck this is gonna bomb harder than I initially thought

>You will never be paid to grope Dave Bautista

Why live desu senpaitachi

>65 millions domestic opening
>china release
So 450-500 millions on a 120 million budget. Damn Sup Forums I think you got BTFO yet again. Let's hope this time is not as bad as the Suicide Squad situation, I don't you've completely recovered from that

They edited the article

>The majority of independent trackers have set a domestic opening weekend in the $65 million range — while one outlying service projects a whopping $105 million debut.

hahaha

>implying it won't flop hard on China

paid to watch this skeleton who barely speak english

Don't we all

Umm... I'm black

M-me too

Captain Underpants oppening in the same day

youtube.com/watch?v=Oa1d0YIWawQ

Tencent and another Chinese company fronted money for Wonder Woman. We'll see if they market it for Chinese audiences. Or even show up a Chinaman in WW1.

Don't post stuff like that, we don't want Napoleon and Brainiac5 coming this way

They are marketing it pretty hard there, but I doubt chinks will care about a woman from greek myth killing germans in World War 1

Not even.

This board will flip when Captain Marvel makes more money.

140 is more than 65.

Tencent has its claws on the movie. It literally cannot fail in China. Plus there are no negroes and they like flat asses.

Most Marvel movies dont make that much money. Literally only 5 out of 15 movies did over 750m

Sup Forums is fucking hopeless when it comes to predicting box office numbers. Remember when last week you useless cunts predicted that GotG 2 will struggle to make 500m worldwide? How did that turn out hmm?

When did you blow him? Maybe he just wasn't attracted to you.

>and they like flat asses
How do they feel about mosquito bites?

>I don't you've completely recovered from that

evidently neither have you

I said people will flip when Capt Marvel makes more money than WW. WW will do $500k ww (worldwide) if its lucky.

that's different everyone but Sup Forums LOVES based marvel no one likes DC

Thor and Cap made that much because nobody gave a fuck about those characters before Avengers 1, the fact that fucking WONDER WOMAN is set to make only as much as those flicks shows just how much damage Snyder has done.

If not for Snyder's massive fuckups, a WW movie would have made 700 million easy.

It's a damn shame.

I really like this one better than the Evans laugh

No one cares about Wonder Woman
She's just there in the public milieu
People are aware she exists but that's about it

Even in the comic industry, no one really cares. She hasn't had a stable origin story, power set, or even personality for 50 years.
Every few years she gets a complete rehaul because no one knows what to do with character that was originally designed as a fetishistic sex doll.

She's just a bad character.

Didnt Civil War make a billion?

DELET THIS

No one gives a fuck about Wonder Woman, that you heard those words doesn't mean a movie about her would be a hit. You heard about emojis too and look at Sony. WW was never a big name selling comics or merchandising. Also this has to do with marketing and Guardians had a marketing budget bigger than WW's production and marketing budgets combined. The only reason it'll make that much is because it's capeshit

Wonder Woman doesn't have Hot Topic appeal. It's in trouble.

>interest is strongest among males who are 25 and older, followed by females 25 and older.
This is going to bomb. You need teenagers to show up to get the major capeflick bucks

Another one that doesn't flop Sup Forums, why does this shit keep happening?

WW targeting 100 mill open

*update WW tracking 65 mill*

*update WW tracking 40mill*

*update WW...........netflix exclusive ext month*

They get the Sia audience

*update WW will now premier on the life time channel june 3rd*

Did they factor in the fact that no one wants to watch a fucking wonder woman movie?

>no one wants to watch a fucking wonder woman movie
Oh, I'd kill for a Wonder Woman movie. I just prefer it star someone who at least looks the part if can't act their way out of a paper sack. Unfortunately the Diana Zack has chosen to give us is unable to do either.

This movie is going to fail because Wonder Woman is the protagonist.
She's already a stiff foreign character and she's played by a stiff foreign actress.
There's nothing likeable though

Chris Pine's Steve Trevor is incredibly likeable and relatable
The movie should have been about him partnering up with Wonder Woman. That way she can be stiff and foreign and the movie will work

I wouldn't say it's JUST because Wodner Woman is the protag. Mostly the writing and actor that are going to sink it.

Apparently Steve Trevor does steal the show quite a bit, if the leaks are to be believed. He's even the one to save the world in a word-for-word repeat of Captain America 1's ending.

Diana just watches, then goes "Oh wait, I can just kill Ares," bangs her bracelets together, and Ares disintegrates because reasons, learns the true meaning of what it means to be a good person and that man isn't all bad, and then decides in a brief flashback that humanity actually kind of sucks and just leaves, undoing any character development the movie had.

Miss me yet?

>learns the true meaning of what it means to be a good person and that man isn't all bad, and then decides in a brief flashback that humanity actually kind of sucks and just leaves, undoing any character development the movie had.
This is the bullshit about this movie
I can guarantee you that the earlier version of the script had it end in failure and WW being apathetic about humanity, thus setting her up for BvS.
But some producer said "BvS failed because it wasn't light enough. Make the ending light and uplifting"
So they were forced to make it a happy ending but then also forced to make it coincide with how BvS started.

They really blew it with the characterization too. Wonder Woman should have been naive and giddy about the rest of the world and slowly become disillusioned with it.
Having her start cantankerous and world-weary doesn't work for the arc of her character that we were told happened in BvS
It'd also make us like her more if she was the cheerful one and Steve was the negative nancy.

>Those with access to tracking say interest is strongest among males who are 25 and older, followed by females 25 and older.

>Tumblr: MALES ARE AFRAID OF A FEMINIST SUPER HERO REEEEEe

Are you going to hold WW to the same standard as you are holding Doctor Strange here? Are you calling WW a flop if it doesn't beat GotG2?

>half the budget
>quarter of the marketing budget
Not comparable movies my man

Every goddamn day.

Got any source on that or how do you know the budget and marketing budget when literally no one else does yet?

Anyway, regardless of the budget, those movies seem fairly comparable to me. 2 quirky team-up movies vs 2 solo origin story movies. Only WW is way more popular of a character than Doctor Strange is, so she should be doing even better.

Next time bring a curvy and charismatic actress

Warner said they are spending more money on marketing Wonder Woman than Suicide Squad

Wait, that's not out yet? I thought it already happened and tanked.

Where is her ass?

that was ghost in the shell

TINY

in the invisible plane

I think he's not a manlet and obviously these types of photos are taken right after workouts for that pump bonus. Guess what doesn't get a pump if you work out.

> Dicklet white bois actually think this

>cuck posters are still trying to force the jewish penis size meme in the current year

it was stale on the day of its invention. and you're not even getting paid. i feel sorry for you

Machine learning probably. That shit is literally magic

Their is nothing wrong with being a cuck. 8/10 looking whtie dicklet bois cucks to the superior bbc

Better, it will hurt you less.

build wall