I'm 5 episodes in and when does this show actually pick up? So far it's been 100% style, absolutely 0% substance

I'm 5 episodes in and when does this show actually pick up? So far it's been 100% style, absolutely 0% substance.

Should I just drop it now? I'm getting really bored of watching what a director thinks an acid trip looks like

Hey OP, I'm also too dumb to follow a basic plot, you wanna watch Game of Thrones or something?

That's just it. The plot it has is the MOST basic of plots which the director tries hiding behind effects and editing.

>gotta get muh sistah
Then drawn out to 3 episodes that consist of 90% acid trip

yes, you should probably drop it, doesn't seem like it's the show for you.

it's not for everyone, and not typical capeshit.

move along, nothing to reeeee here

>Duuude, like what even *is* real: The Show

Dropped it fast, Hawley's so overrated it absurd. "Prestige" television for the Nolan set.

Exactly how I feel. The director is so up his ass trying to make you think the show is intelligent by constantly bombarding you with obviously fake segments. 4/5 of the episodes just feel like an over rated dream sequence.

It doesn't pick up. It stays what it is. If it's not good enough for you, drop it now. You don't have to love every show and studios don't have to make only the shows that you would like.

It is pretty simple, actually.

Thanks. Yeah I'm halfway through ep5 now and I'm starting to realize I'm not one of the unwashed masses who enjoy pretty colors and weird editing over plot and character development.

Never, this shit is just overrated don't fall for shill memes

There is character development my friend

Game of Thrones dances circles around Legion though

Okay which episode does it start in? I'm almost done with 5 and everybody is exactly the same as they were when first introduced. Dave is still a nutty mess just now some of his insanity is explained with powers.

Its a horrible series with a horrible ending

It doesn't. It's the "modern art" of tv. Complete style, no substance. The director obviously spent more time trying to make his show unique and abstract while ignoring everything else. The "fans" are the same plebs who constantly lap this shit up and say that "bro you just aren't smart enough to get it" when there is NOTHING to get. One dimensional characters and a very simple hackney plot that the show meanders through painfully and slowly

I agree he does a lot of cringey things but overall I like crazy capeshit dude

First couple eps are the best and it's all downhill until it ticks up around episode 6/7. Then it goes back down again when they rewrote the ending when they got told they were getting another season.

Since first episode, negro.

Style over substance is a meme 99 times out a 100 but in this case it's true OP, this series is about nothing, it has nothing to say, the visuals carry no weight and all the weirdness is there just for the sake of being weird. I understand that someone calling it good because capeshit is so generic and paint by numbers nowadays that evertyhing new feels great. See Logan, Deadpool and this. But those three are mediocre at best, shit if we're fair and straight. All trash.

The guy saying there is character development in this season is trolling you by the way, it's just a bunch of nothing covered by trippy visuals

>style over substance is a bad thing
>Sup Forums loves nicolas winding refn

Pick one, honestly. This is some hypocritical stuff. I also liked Legion alot because i'm into psychedelics. :^)

>le Sup Forums is one person maymay
Also you're probably solely referring to Neon Demon which still had more of a plot in its 2 hour run time than Legion had in 8 episodes.

Style over substance is a good thing when done right and a bad thing when not. Legion is shit

You obviously just don't get it. OPEN YOUR MIND.

Just kidding. It's pretentious garbage to make pseudo-intellectuals have more invisible clothes to wear

I can feel that reviewers fedora and vape through my screen
>saying mind fuck unironically

>It's pretentious garbage to make pseudo-intellectuals have more invisible clothes to wear
It's really not. The premise is very simple with the creator of the show just having a lot of fun. Never once it tried to be 2deep.

Man, I'm a huge (somewhat irrationally so) keanu reeves fan and even I thought neon demon was shit. All refn's stuff is shit and even worse, he's really arrogant and pompous about it. Atleast Legion isn't a pretentious fuck about it.

>"all the main characters in my movies are actually me"

I agree, the premise is very simple, but the over use of metaphors, flash backs, dream sequences and psychobabble makes the show come off as more intelligent than it really is.

Premise: Crazy guy is a powerful mutant trying to save his sister and gain control of his powers. Okay. But we don't need every episode to be a nauseating cocktail of art for arts sake and weirdness for weirdness sake.

If I had to pick out a modern day equivalent for Emperor's New Clothes it would be Legion.

It doesn't. It's kind of like each episode is a bottle ep with its production. I feel like they'll expand it next season and that season 1 was really a pilot season of sorts.

drop it now, the show sucks

the mc is a cutie tho

its the opposite for me. Started interesting and with good ideas and than it was just a normal story with some intersting but a bit too random visuals.

the king was the biggest dissapointment. He was damn scary in the beginning. but int the end he was just a "normal" evil guy. not sure if i will be up for a second season.