Wake me up

Wake me up.

newsarama.com/29221-disney-infinity-discontinued-as-disney-shuts-down-all-console-game-development.html

Why?

>no more physical DLC

How is this a problem?

It's Disney. Do they ever explain it when they do something stupid that pisses off their fans?

Does seriously nobody know how to check the fucking catalog to see if there aren't 3 threads about this already?

B-But, WHY? I don't understand the rationale behind their decisions. It makes them millions of dollars. Are they stupid or mentally retarded?

Chill out, Snyder

I think it's been apparent for years now that they just don't like video games and have been looking to shut them down.
Epic Mickey had to fight similar odds.

>a game is only good if it's not popular outside of Japan

*This is what weebs actually believe.

This isn't a capeshit thread. We are morning the loss of Disney's last good video game franchise.

>It makes them millions of dollars
I have never seen a franchise gather so much dust at Best Buy, Target and Wal-Mart.

You're entitled to believe it was popular.

I guess I better buy the Donald now before its gone.

Shame that it didn't even last long enough to create the fan voted ones.

The crackdown has begun.

Damn that just hit me. I've barely even started buying any of the Star Wars toys, either. And we can pretty much forget about ever seeing X-Men toys now.

Part of the inherent appeal of Infinity was the promise of a ever expanding ecosystem of toys and game content, and now after like 3 years Disney is already shutting it down. It feels kind of like a repeat of what happened with Rock Band even though that was a different situation,

I wish they would just make figures instead of trying to attach it to the dead game.

I really loved the art style used for the infinity series. It was one of the thing I loved about it over the Amiibos that all tried to go for their own style and looked poorly made because of it.

FUKKEN FROM THIS

How is this bad? Zootopia Vidya is COMING

TOO DIS!!!

Eh, over here in Sweden Disney Infinity sold like hotcakes all the time, but we are a hilariously small market so what happens here hardly refelcts the bigger picture.

Wait, is Kingdom Hearts safe?

ALL ABOUT THAT OTP

>it makes them millions

The fact that they're shutting it down suggests it wasn't doing as well as you thought it was doing.

DELETE THIS DAN BACKSLIDE

gonna be getting some of this in your Kingdom Hearts!

They thought if they filled the shelves with Poe Dameron figures they'd sell. If anything, that's exactly what Disney does with all their merchandise: Make a metric shit-ton of merch and eventually it'll all sell cause its Disney and they can afford 2 aisles in the toy store devoted to their merchandise.

The sad thing is, that strategy doesn't work when it comes to games and the like, so instead of investing money on trying something that'll work (like maybe not making entire store aisles devoted to characters no one wants and making smaller amounts of characters overall) they'll just cut their losses altogether and say "welp its not OUR fault you faggots aren't buying our things"

Does anyone have that image of Darkwing Duck fighting a crap ton of Mabels?

Disney would be stupid to cancel the Kingdom Hearts series. Because Square won't be having none of it as long as they keep kick Nomura in the butt to start working.

For those who want to know why, here is a quote from Disney's most recent quarterly report.

>>At Games, growth was due to higher licensing revenue from the success of Star Wars: Battlefront, partially offset by lower Disney Infinity results. The decrease from Disney Infinity was due to higher inventory reserves and lower unit sales volume. The decrease at Retail was due to lower comparable store sales and margins in Europe and North America as well as at our online business in North America, reflecting strong sales of merchandise based on Frozen in the prior-year quarter, partially offset by current quarter sales of Star Wars merchandise.

Iger and his investors on the 5PM call said the reason was because it wasn't making as much as they wanted. Infinity still made profit and no losses; but compared to licensing model, they see that switching over to that would be more profitable

CAN'T WAKE UP

Never ever

Good point, just bought nick, judy, baymax and rocket. Might get stitch too.

>this thing is making money, but we could get even more money if we stop making it and make something else that makes more money

The real tragedy in all of this is that everyone at Avalanche is losing their jobs. This is the exact same mindset Disney had when they fired their entire IT department and replaced them with a third party firm that only hires poo-in-loos on H1B1s. Fuck you Disney.

Never say never

You just said never twice

Never happened.

Love Dump

>They never made Goofy

That's what hurts me the most

I'd be okay with the game coming to the end, but the toys too?